TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Top Thrill Dragster is officially open (as of about 45 minutes ago). Apparently they've been working on it constantly, including working through the last 2 nights. Hats off to the Cedar Point maintenance team. Wow!

As of now it is closed again

It's Dragster, a new cable doesn't mean it won't break down every 10 minutes

This

Dragster was up again, I got into the station... and it broke again. I ended up waiting in the station for 2 hours anticipating it would be fixed. I wasnt going to give up on my first trip to cedar point.

Well... Did you get to ride it?!

Got to love Cedar Point. Park shut at 11pm tonight but the queue for Raptor was still open at ten past. The Valravn queue still looked about 30/40 mins long at closing too, kudos to the park for keeping the lines open right up till closing time.

I might actually give a sh*t about Soak City if they pull a Carolina Harbor on it.

I might actually give a sh*t about Soak City is they bulldoze it and put some more coasters there, keeping only the swim up bar intact.

My sentiments exactly!!

If I go to a waterpark, I like to just go to a water park. Not go to a theme park, have to lug changes of clothing, rent fluffy bunnies, change,.... it wears me out just typing it.

If I'm doing a Theme Park and Water Park in one day, I just wear Swim Trunks the whole day, and I always swim in a Tshirt. No changing needed. It has worked out well for me. Swim trunks dry exceptionally fast, and a few rounds on some coasters and the Tshirt is good to go too!

I just wear a swim shirt, water shoes, and trunks to a park if I'm doing a dry side and wet side in the same day, unless I need to have my phone on me for whatever reason in which case I'll just rent a bunny for my needs and at that point, screw it I'm just going to bring a change of clothes anyway.

I've always known them to keep their lines open until at least 8 minutes after closing time.

And this is amazing. This allows for some leniency. Over at SFMM they close the line the SECOND the clock strikes closing time, with no exceptions. It makes it really stressful trying to get across from TC to Tatsu right before closing.

Dragster was up again, I got into the station... and it broke again. I ended up waiting in the station for 2 hours anticipating it would be fixed. I wasnt going to give up on my first trip to cedar point.

Well... Did you get to ride it?!

Nope...

Bummer... It reminds me of what I said during our recent discussion of TTD in this thread...

Believe me, from years of personal experience, and the experience of watching others there... TTD can be one of the most frustration-causing coasters you'll ever encounter, and doing everything you can to mitigate that frustration, will make for a much more enjoyable day at CP!

I feel your pain man... It definitely can and has, caused a lot of people to burn a lot of time, in an eventually fruitless chase of a ride. Hopefully you can get on it next time around!

I've always known them to keep their lines open until at least 8 minutes after closing time.

This is accurate. Cedar Point has done this for years. It's a nice contrast to Six Flags where they cut lines off before park close depending on wait time.

I am heading to Cedar Point next weekend and I was wondering what are some of the better restaurants to eat at after the park closes. Last year when I went I ate the Thirsty Pony and it was good. I would like to try some other places in the area.

^ If you want Mexican food I would suggest Casa Fiesta, I have been there on my last 2 visits and very happy with the food. It is located on Perkins Avenue but only about 5-8 minutes from the park but worth the drive.

Truth. One of my favorite memories is from a visit to the point a few years back. The park had closed for the day, so I made my way towards the front gate. As I came up to the entrance for Millie, I was shocked to see the line still open at what must have been almost 15 minutes past the scheduled close time. So of course I hopped right in and was on my way a few trains later. Such a cool thing for parks to do.

Truth. One of my favorite memories is from a visit to the point a few years back. The park had closed for the day, so I made my way towards the front gate. As I came up to the entrance for Millie, I was shocked to see the line still open at what must have been almost 15 minutes past the scheduled close time. So of course I hopped right in and was on my way a few trains later. Such a cool thing for parks to do.

We did something similar with Rougarou on our first night we were at the park. We were walking back to the entrance by Magnum after Luminosity and it was still open, so we got a walk-on front row night ride for our first ever ride on that coaster. We also might've been the only three people on the train; I'm not sure if people were in the back row.

I am heading to Cedar Point next weekend and I was wondering what are some of the better restaurants to eat at after the park closes. Last year when I went I ate the Thirsty Pony and it was good. I would like to try some other places in the area.

If ya don't mind going during the day if you have time check out the Brick Oven Bistro, there pizza is top notch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

^^ Magnum always did that in the first few years it was open too. Basically until Millenium Force was built, it was still more popular than Mantis, Mean Streak or Raptor. Well maybe not Raptor, but they were both pretty close in terms of wait times.

We would stay at Camper Village and time it perfectly so that we were able to get in line for Magnum at park close at 10:00...and they would run it until well after midnight in order to empty out the queue.

So a two hour wait for Magnum back in the early 90's...and we would wait for it.

God, I'm old.

I believe every coaster and some other popular rides (like Skyway) all close about 8 to 10 minutes after close regardless of line length and run as long as they have to to empty the lines. It's not at all uncommon on busy days for rides like Millennium Force and Dragster to be running an hour or longer after the park closes. Take notes Six Flags.

I believe every coaster and some other popular rides (like Skyway) all close about 8 to 10 minutes after close regardless of line length and run as long as they have to to empty the lines. It's not at all uncommon on busy days for rides like Millennium Force and Dragster to be running an hour or longer after the park closes. Take notes Six Flags.

I mean, I got a 1:40 AM ride on El Toro during Fright Fest 2014.

At least SFGAd's "we dgaf" is great...

Edited by RollerManic

I'll be headed to the park next monday, and I'm wondering how crowds are going to be. I'm not exactly sure when northern Ohio schools kick back up but I did realize it's the first day after Cedar Point Nights ends. When I was at the park earlier this year (July 17th- 18th) the lines were pretty manageable, 45 for Maverick, 20 for dragster, 15 for Raptor etc. would this trip being a month later do anything to the crowds? Thanks!