TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I thought I was crazy thinking that the front of Rougarou is both rougher and less intense than the back but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

>Rougarou

>rough

I rode in the front two rows of Rougarou and it didn't come anywhere near rough or rattly at all. Hell, Valravn was rougher than Rougarou in one spot.

As for intensity you're probably right but when it comes to B&Ms the front is usually the go-to row. Back row of inverts and a few other older B&Ms for me is an instant headache, floorless and other more modern ones are a little more manageable but still not as enjoyable as the front in most cases. A notable example is Wildfire @ SDC because the back row of that thing is fantastic (although the front still has one of the best views from the lift on any coaster ever).

I thought I was crazy thinking that the front of Rougarou is both rougher and less intense than the back but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

>Rougarou

>rough

I rode in the front two rows of Rougarou and it didn't come anywhere near rough or rattly at all. Hell, Valravn was rougher than Rougarou in one spot.

As for intensity you're probably right but when it comes to B&Ms the front is usually the go-to row. Back row of inverts and a few other older B&Ms for me is an instant headache, floorless and other more modern ones are a little more manageable but still not as enjoyable as the front in most cases. A notable example is Wildfire @ SDC because the back row of that thing is fantastic (although the front still has one of the best views from the lift on any coaster ever).

I never said it was "rough," just rougher than the back. The back of Rougarou is really good for a 20 year old ride, the front is about what you'd expect but I think the front of Rougarou is the "least smooth" of the B&Ms in the park, which is still very good. The only coasters I'd consider "rough" at the park are Corkscrew and maybe either wood coaster in a wheel seat (though smooth elsewhere and up front) and maybe Mine Ride, though that's just jerky.

Raptor in the back right is an insane ride, especially at night. I'd also recommend Mangum XL in the 3rd/4th to last row, or 4th row from front. Right side for sure on Gatekeeper, either front or back row. Rougaru is best in back row, left side.

Oh no...

[attachment=0]image.png[/attachment]

This may be the 'Mean Streak is "closing"' tweet/announcement. I wonder with all the GCI love if they will RMC it or give it the Ghost Rider treatment and have GCI re-profile some drops and update the ride.

Well Kings Island stole Cedar Point's GCI Woodie so that's eliminated

Kings island didn't steal anything.....

Of course they did. It was payback for Cedar Point stealing the dive coaster from Canada's Wonderland. Paramount parks gotta stick together.

Oh no...

This may be the 'Mean Streak is "closing"' tweet/announcement. I wonder with all the GCI love if they will RMC it or give it the Ghost Rider treatment and have GCI re-profile some drops and update the ride.

IF this is the case, I wonder if they will remove the mid course brake run like they did with Ghostrider.

Oh no...

IF this is the case, I wonder if they will remove the mid course brake run like they did with Ghostrider.

Probably not. Mean Streak is over 5000 feet long, so going to a 2 train operation with no midcourse would make operations really slow.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here too much, but if this were Mean Streak's closure and it was an RMC, there's a few options with this.

1) Keep the mid-course for three trains

2) Shorten the ride slightly for efficient two train operations (very unlikely)

3) Remove mid-course and still run three trains (see Banshee)

I'm really curious what this announcement actually is though.

Well Kings Island stole Cedar Point's GCI Woodie so that's eliminated

Kings island didn't steal anything.....

Of course they did. It was payback for Cedar Point stealing the dive coaster from Canada's Wonderland. Paramount parks gotta stick together.

Interesting information about the water main break. We left the park at around 9:00 and we weren't even aware of the problem. However, we had noticed that they had the causeway blocked off on our way out of the park though. . . Now we know why.

Interesting information about the water main break. We left the park at around 9:00 and we weren't even aware of the problem. However, we had noticed that they had the causeway blocked off on our way out of the park though. . . Now we know why.

Did you comment a similar thing on facebook? I saw a comment on Cedar Point's post regarding this with the exact same info - left at 9 and never heard a thing about it while there.

On another note, how long should this take to repair? I paid for tomorrow in advance and am travelling for 7 hours to get there, and would be really disappointed if I went there to find it closed.

At least it happened only an hour-and-a-half before closing. People would've been much angrier if this happened early in the day, causing the park to be closed almost the whole day. At least those who were there all day still got nearly twelve hours.

I was there tonight (drove 5 hours, arrived around 7pm, and had planned for a full day tomorrow with early entry). It wasn't until about 10pm tonight that word spread that the place was shutting down, and even then, nobody knew what was really happening. Fingers crossed they're able to open tomorrow as I've been wanting to visit CP for ages and I doubt I'll be back in this area again in the future.