TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I was pleasantly surprised by how few people took out their cell phones on the rides at CP last week. But I guess I only have Magic Mountain to compare it to, so pretty much anything looks better than 75% of the train with their phones out on Twisted Colossus at any given moment.

I honestly think that all of the markers on the supports and the stakes in the ground are all just a red herring. I mean, Cedar Point just added Valravn this year, don't you think they will focus more outside of Ohio next year (other than Kings Island's 2017 project)? I wouldn't be surprised if all those stakes around Mean Streak are gone by the end of the season. I guess its more of Tony Clark messing with us, haha.

The most I think will happen to Mean Streak sometime in the future is a major GCI retrack, considering their relationship with Cedar Fair recently. However, I still wouldn't completely knock an RMC transformation off the table. Anything is possible.

I don't think Tony would paint that many dots. Something will happen with it but when I don't see it next year. Drop slide is coming to the water park. Unless all the wood that kings island has been talking about is on the way to the point. Joking. as for the rocks that's something Tony would do.

As for phones me and my wife agree to not take phones, Cedar point is are place to get away. I may take it in for an hour to take pictures or play the new game but most of the time its in the car.

A 2015 interview with Alan Schilke said they have four (?) projects in '17.

Take it for what's it's worth, but one project I heard is for Kennywood. Another was CP, but for 2018 opening. Not sure how reliable the info is though.

Take it for what's it's worth, but one project I heard is for Kennywood. Another was CP, but for 2018 opening. Not sure how reliable the info is though.

If Kennywood built anything RMC I would drop out of school and relocate to West Mifflin.

If Kennywood built anything RMC I would drop out of school and relocate to West Mifflin.

I second this.

^ It's actually been running pretty consistently this year.

I'm hoping it stays that way!! I'm hoping to get a chance to ride it this weekend. I've missed out on it during all of my previous visits to the park.