TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I am actually excited to check out VR in a few weeks! Also, which coaster should I save for my big 50?

Make sure you have health insurance, plan for retirement, get real serious about keeping kids off your lawn, maybe layoff the sugar, stop caring about memes.

Best - Wrong Answer - Ever!

I am actually excited to check out VR in a few weeks! Also, which coaster should I save for my big 50?

Make sure you have health insurance, plan for retirement, get real serious about keeping kids off your lawn, maybe layoff the sugar, stop caring about memes.

Interesting interview with Rob Decker, that touches on Cedar Fair philosophy in general, and talks about a lot of Cedar Point specific examples. Nothing earth-shattering in there, but it says enough about mindset, that you can make some reasonable guesses as to what the future holds for Cedar Fair parks, and CP in particular.

AV Club interviews Rob Decker

Just purchased my tickets to the park for next Sunday! It'll be my wife and I's first visit. We purchased the Coaster-Combo and so, we're also going to hit Kings Island the next day. Since we'll be at Cedar Point on a Sunday in July, I think we're going to buy Fastlane Plus, just to get the full Cedar Point experience. We're excited!

Just purchased my tickets to the park for next Sunday! It'll be my wife and I's first visit. We purchased the Coaster-Combo and so, we're also going to hit Kings Island the next day. Since we'll be at Cedar Point on a Sunday in July, I think we're going to buy Fastlane Plus, just to get the full Cedar Point experience. We're excited!

Hit Maverick first thing. Hit the front of the park later in the day. Raptor and Gatekeepers line shrink later in the day as people work there way to the back of the park

When I was there earlier this week, I was amazed by just how many people splurged and bought FastLane+! It almost seemed like people were pouring into the FL queues just as much as the main queue.

And this is one of the reasons why FastLane+ just isn't enough for us when we visit Cedar Point. . . We needed something that allowed a little more. . . "less waiting." Thankfully we found it.

Also, SUPER excited for our trip to the park next week!! I can't believe it's been a YEAR!! Can't wait to go down on Valravn!

When I was there earlier this week, I was amazed by just how many people splurged and bought FastLane+! It almost seemed like people were pouring into the FL queues just as much as the main queue.

And this is one of the reasons why FastLane+ just isn't enough for us when we visit Cedar Point. . . We needed something that allowed a little more. . . "less waiting." Thankfully we found it.

Jumping queue rails and telling people that your "friends are up there"?

You savage...

Jumping queue rails and telling people that your "friends are up there"?

You savage...

So THAT'S what he means by "VIP Tour"!

For those who have ridden Iron Dragon with VR, what is the story? Is it about...an iron dragon?

Not really. It was something about transporting precious cargo to someone while riding in a carriage pulled by a horse. You passed by some dragons breathing fire at one point but I didn't really follow the story all too well. It was still fun though and made sense to do for Iron Dragon.

The graphics were slightly better than the Superman VR graphics at Six Flags America (and I assume New England and Fiesta Texas, if not all the other SF parks too). The biggest plus of Iron Dragon VR over SF's is that it actually worked and even with intentionally slowed dispatching they were able to send out 3 to 4 trains every time SFA dispatched one.

Noticed a pretty big gap in the iron dragon track. This is on the main track next to the transfer track. You could really see and feel the train go over this bump. Can't be good on the wheels.

20160723_162731.thumb.jpg.d26badf6dfac57b16ba9c6785e3601a9.jpg

20160723_165808.thumb.jpg.882c1def389fefb0e8794c7b2965e93f.jpg

I'm confused...how can a Margarita cost $4 less than a draft beer?

For those who have ridden Iron Dragon with VR, what is the story? Is it about...an iron dragon?

Not really. It was something about transporting precious cargo to someone while riding in a carriage pulled by a horse. You passed by some dragons breathing fire at one point but I didn't really follow the story all too well. It was still fun though and made sense to do for Iron Dragon.

The graphics were slightly better than the Superman VR graphics at Six Flags America (and I assume New England and Fiesta Texas, if not all the other SF parks too). The biggest plus of Iron Dragon VR over SF's is that it actually worked and even with intentionally slowed dispatching they were able to send out 3 to 4 trains every time SFA dispatched one.

Here is the story....

20160723_172832.thumb.jpg.8044de67764d522fc6b33696a35677bd.jpg

Iron dragon vr testing.

Overall it was fun. There are still some bugs to work out ( I kept getting a WiFi disconnected error) and I think the graffics could be better.

Would I spend extra money to use this in the future?...hard to say.

At the end of the test, they have you fill out a survey as to what you think of the experience.

20160723_175445.thumb.jpg.5fb1d4bec5a8788acd2f9463f8684d43.jpg

20160723_175452.thumb.jpg.a79c1d29c66c424654e9b4fb243499a3.jpg

20160723_175627.thumb.jpg.be143a09fb30a970fc6ed922c9b8aea5.jpg