TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

If Mean Streak does eventually get RMC'd, I would love for them to use wooden topper track this time instead of the iron horse. That way Cedar Point will have a record breaking wooden coaster.

And that record would be what exactly?

If Mean Streak does eventually get RMC'd, I would love for them to use wooden topper track this time instead of the iron horse. That way Cedar Point will have a record breaking wooden coaster.

Most track 'stolen' from another park?

Most unlikely coaster

Most wasted wood.

I am going to Cedar Point from July 31-August 2 (Sunday-Tuesday). Any advice for Sunday evening, Monday, and Tuesday?

Have fun! You'll get on everything you want to in 2 and a half days. Ride Valravn and Raptor later in the day, lines are shorter then. I usually do MF during early entry if you have a pass and then head to Maverick and work my way back to the front. Glass blowing demos were kind of interesting if you need a break from riding.

It wouldn't set any records unless it had a launch that got the top speed faster than Lightning Rod. I mostly doubt that this would happen, but Cedar Point's MO is to break records, so I guess I wouldn't be surprised if Iron Streak had LSMs.

I don't think the conversion would be with topper track, though. RMC hasn't done that for any of their projects where the layout has been altered, and there's more wrong with Mean Streak than just roughness. The layout is boring, something that retracking wouldn't solve. I'd expect a standard Iron Horse conversion.

It wouldn't set any records unless it had a launch that got the top speed faster than Lightning Rod. I mostly doubt that this would happen, but Cedar Point's MO is to break records, so I guess I wouldn't be surprised if Iron Streak had LSMs.

I don't think the conversion would be with topper track, though. RMC hasn't done that for any of their projects where the layout has been altered, and there's more wrong with Mean Streak than just roughness. The layout is boring, something that retracking wouldn't solve. I'd expect a standard Iron Horse conversion.

I'd expect them to recreate the Blue Streak incident on a much larger scale

Any coaster you build can "break records" it all depends on how ridiculous you want to get. For example... if it's an Iron Horse they'll "shatter" these 3 records that Valravn "set"...

- Most Rides at One Amusement Park

- Most Steel Roller Coaster Track at One Amusement Park

- Most Roller Coaster Track at One Amusement Park

But I don't think the park is interested in investing money to break records nobody cares about when they can just make them up as they go instead.

You've watched sports right? You hear stuff like:

Today is the most points scored by a wide receiver in the month of November when the temperature is above 80 degrees since 1974.

This is the most laps someone has led while racing on their Mother's birthday while their parents were in attendance.

It's ridiculous. People want to hear records and trivia, no matter how useless or insignificant they may be. It changes an event from "mundane" to "significant" to the untrained eye.

Any coaster you build can "break records" it all depends on how ridiculous you want to get. For example... if it's an Iron Horse they'll "shatter" these 3 records that Valravn "set"...

- Most Rides at One Amusement Park

- Most Steel Roller Coaster Track at One Amusement Park

- Most Roller Coaster Track at One Amusement Park

But I don't think the park is interested in investing money to break records nobody cares about when they can just make them up as they go instead.

Don't forget, with Cedar Point you're bound to get another 5/6 records: world's tallest, fastest, longest, longest drop, steepest drop (and may even most inversions on a) hybrid roller coaster.

I would think there's enough of a footprint with Mean Streak that RMC could raise the height of the lift hill to over 200 feet, which is only 40ish feet taller than what's already there. Would make it either the world's first hyper hybrid or world's tallest wood coaster depending on whether topper or I-Box track is used.

I was at the park a few days ago and didn't see anything other than the stakes and spray painted footers people have already pointed out. I will say that I'm one of the few people here that finds Mean Streak ok, but it's clear that the GP is ready for something new. Even on a decently crowded July weekday, Mean Streak had nothing more than a station wait. I am keeping my eyes peeled for August/September.

Even on a decently crowded July weekday, Mean Streak had nothing more than a station wait.

This is also the case of I305 at Kings Dominion. In both cases I feel that the problem is that most people are intimidated by the sheer awesomeness that lays before them.

Edit: And this has nothing to do with anything but I was just watching the webcam and as further proof that Raptor takes zero sh*t from anyone (after last year's queue gate and restricted area incidents) they just loaded it with water dummies due to high winds I guess and when it entered the barrel roll it sent a massive deluge of water into a crowd of people on the midway. Even from the top of Power Tower that was an impressive wall of water.

It'd be cool to experience the full-scale version.

Its not that special. The food is great but the original is just a corner bar.

http://chickiesandpetes.com/location/the-original-at-robbins-ave/

There are like 10 of them all over Philly tho, I work in South Philly, Im about a 5 minute walk from that location.

Even on a decently crowded July weekday, Mean Streak had nothing more than a station wait.

This is also the case of I305 at Kings Dominion. In both cases I feel that the problem is that most people are intimidated by the sheer awesomeness that lays before them.

With I305 that is true. With Mean Streak they just recognize the sheer steaming pile that it is. #HopingMeanStreakRumorsAreTrue

^Raptor was stuck near the bottom of the lift for at least an hour so they did a few tests with dummies before reopening.

Side note--it's crazy empty today. 20 minutes for Dragster in the front row, 5 everywhere else.

I'm not sure it was stuck. I think it was stopped due to wind. Gatekeeper wasn't running either. And that explains the water dummies.

^I didn't get a close look but that could be.

Side note (again lol): best day ever with these lines

I wish my party wasn't all exhausted so we could continue to take advantage of this amazing occurrence.