TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I just watched a POV of KD's Hurler to refresh my memory of its layout, with an RMC conversion in mind... Man, talk about a boring ride! Even getting through the POV of it was tedium I just couldn't wait to end!

Bring on CF's first RMC in 2017!!! (And then look for their second at CP in 2018! )

I think KD has already announced Hurler is being done in house.

I just watched a POV of KD's Hurler to refresh my memory of its layout, with an RMC conversion in mind... Man, talk about a boring ride! Even getting through the POV of it was tedium I just couldn't wait to end!

Bring on CF's first RMC in 2017!!! (And then look for their second at CP in 2018! )

Source?

Source?

I think it was an In The Loop interview with the GM during opening day or Deliriums media day.

^I've always felt the RMC Streak for 2017 seemed a little soon...

I agree. That would be five years in a row of coasters (depending on your definition of a coaster).

2013- Gatekeeper

2014- Pipe Scream (the questionable year)

2015- Rougarou

2016- Valravn

2017- Would be the new Mean Streak conversion

I think they can take a year off from coasters; they need to build things that appeal to other audiences.

I wasn't expecting coaster in 2016. Seems too soon. But Gatekeeper helped Cedar Point achieve record revenue, crowds, and even stock prices in 2013. Makes sense they had a little extra to build a new coaster in 2016.

Random rain question: I can either go to Cedar Point tomorrow or Saturday however it looks like tomorrow might be worse on the rain front. Should I still just go tomorrow and risk the rain or go Saturday and fight a lot more crowds? I'm assuming that the typical CP overreaction to rain still applies and they are closing all of the big rides as soon as a drop of rain appears.

Random rain question: I can either go to Cedar Point tomorrow or Saturday however it looks like tomorrow might be worse on the rain front. Should I still just go tomorrow and risk the rain or go Saturday and fight a lot more crowds? I'm assuming that the typical CP overreaction to rain still applies and they are closing all of the big rides as soon as a drop of rain appears.

I'm just guessing most of us would try for tomorrow. Saturday lines are to be avoided at all costs, I'd rather be rained on..

^ on that note, how are Sunday crowds? It wasn't my idea but we are going the 17th and 18th to CP (with the Sunrise Thrills tour on Monday!! ) and I'm worried about going on a weekend, in July... No FP either

I would try tomorrow, like the lady at the parking gate once told us, "Never trust anything you see on Weather Channel, they are always wrong."

^ on that note, how are Sunday crowds? It wasn't my idea but we are going the 17th and 18th to CP (with the Sunrise Thrills tour on Monday!! ) and I'm worried about going on a weekend, in July... No FP either

They're manageable. Monday might actually be more crowded (don't ask me why.... it's just been my experience that Mondays are worse than Sundays)

Great TR!

So about early entry on day 2... Maverick wasn't open and Millennium Force's line was too long to be worth it, since you can't use Fast Lane until 10. So, we just kind of wandered around and relaxed, but it aside from that early entry was pretty much useless, unlike our previous day.

I was a bit surprised by that, because I would think the lines would be short on early entry. The fact that you can't use the Fast Lane until CP officially "opens" is a bummer, too. I am going to CP for 3 days in September and am staying at Castaway Bay. We'll just have to see how the early entry goes then.

It was a pretty busy Saturday, so I think that had a lot to do with it. Early entry on Friday was worth it.

If you get lucky, the rain might work in your favor and scare some people away. Either way, we're just about getting to the point in CP's season where it's always crowded no matter what. Your call.

I'll be there the 18th and the 19th. Staying at Sandcastle Suites. I'll be there open-close both days. Would FL+ be useful to me one of those days? Or could I get multiple rerides on all major coasters without it? I'm not buying until the day of either way but just want a heads up.

Also, I know CP has a bad weather policy, but is it true that they have lightened up in the past couple years?

We were there the 4th of July. A very light drizzle started for about 30 min almost every coaster closed. Or at least all of the ones I tried to ride . If you like to ride. Go for FL+ it's worth it in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were there the 4th of July. A very light drizzle started for about 30 min almost every coaster closed. Or at least all of the ones I tried to ride . If you like to ride. Go for FL+ it's worth it in my opinion

I'll be there the 18th and the 19th. Staying at Sandcastle Suites. I'll be there open-close both days. Would FL+ be useful to me one of those days? Or could I get multiple rerides on all major coasters without it? I'm not buying until the day of either way but just want a heads up.

Also, I know CP has a bad weather policy, but is it true that they have lightened up in the past couple years?

i get it every time i've gone recently. takes away the stress of getting enough rides in for me. i usually go for two or three days. last trips have been around this time and almost every day had downtime due to weather. fastlane takes the stress away for me who just wants to marathon everything in site. lol

fastlane takes the stress away for me who just wants to marathon everything in site. lol

*** HIGHFIVE ***

It also saves a little wear and tear on my feet as well. "Hey Cedar Fair. My feet thanks you"

FL+ is awesome. Even on less busy days it's nice to know you can just do whatever you want and not budget any time for it.

I second this. I visited on a not so busy day earlier in May, but Fastlane + made my 8 hours at the park great. I got on all major coasters and some flats with minimal waits. I avoided huge waits for Maverick and Valravn, and got re-rides on pretty much anything I wanted.

I'm worried about going on a weekend, in July... No FP either

Why would you do that to yourself?! FP will make your life so much better. If you can budget for it, you really should do it!!