TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I can see why people don't like Yuenlging, but I love it. It would probably be less desirable for me if it weren't so exclusive, although I think I'd still drink it semi regularly. But being that we always go east at least a couple times per year, it now instantly reminds me of traveling/road tripping, which makes me like it even more. In that way, it's kind of special for us.

So the wonderful people over at IOE, the people who most notably supply controls for the RMC rides (of course I also believe they do work for GCI as well, so it could just be the KI woodie) just posted this on their Facebook page:

We just got absolutely incredible news that our bid for a large Cedar Fair project was accepted and we are CELEBRATING BIG TIME at the park tonight about it! Details when I can give them.It is so amazingly wonderful to be able to work with the park chain that started it all for me.

So the wonderful people over at IOE, the people who most notably supply controls for the RMC rides (of course I also believe they do work for GCI as well, so it could just be the KI woodie) just posted this on their Facebook page:

We just got absolutely incredible news that our bid for a large Cedar Fair project was accepted and we are CELEBRATING BIG TIME at the park tonight about it! Details when I can give them.It is so amazingly wonderful to be able to work with the park chain that started it all for me.

Considering they were at CP, I would say it is for CP. But it could be just that they were at the Cedar Fair HQ... Only time will tell.

^^They also confirmed it is a retrofit of an existing ride. Most likely Hurler at Kings Dominon. The ride is SBNO and the park announced it would be getting a retrofit before reopening next year.

Hopefully this is a start for Cedar Fair working with RMC. Some of the chain's woodies don't really need it (like GhostRider), but those with weak layouts to begin with (Mean Streak, the Hurlers, maybe the Grizzlys) could absolutely benefit from it. Hopefully 2017 is the year!

Hopefully this is a start for Cedar Fair working with RMC. Some of the chain's woodies don't really need it (like GhostRider), but those with weak layouts to begin with (Mean Streak. . .

CoasterBill is going to wash your mouth out with Jägermeister.

Mean Streak having a weak layout doesn't make it a bad ride, but it's definitely overshadowed by the amazingness that is Blue Streak's ejector airtime. If MS were at my homepark I'd be on it all the time.

It's Hurler.

First of all we know something is going on with it. Second of all they announced it by posting a picture of Dramamine talking about how they're "really going to need this". I hate when stupid enthusiasts look for Easter eggs where they don't exist but this is pretty cut and dry. Coasters that make you "hurl" require Dramamine.

I wonder what will happen with Carowinds' Hurler? Not sure if I'd expect the same treatment as KD's since it's their only wooden coaster.

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To

Steel

Coaster

Ratios,

Anniversaries

Or

Bull***

Coaster

Feature

Quotas

Number

Of

Inverting

Coasters

Or

Stupid

Sh*t

That

... God damn

I wonder what will happen with Carowinds' Hurler? Not sure if I'd expect the same treatment as KD's since it's their only wooden coaster.

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To

Steel

Coaster

Ratios,

Anniversaries

Or

Bull***

Coaster

Feature

Quotas

Number

Of

Inverting

Coasters

Or

Stupid

Sh*t

That

... God damn

Um... I'd think they would want to have at least one wooden coaster to give a different experience. Nice meme though.

I just watched a POV of KD's Hurler to refresh my memory of its layout, with an RMC conversion in mind... Man, talk about a boring ride! Even getting through the POV of it was tedium I just couldn't wait to end!

Bring on CF's first RMC in 2017!!! (And then look for their second at CP in 2018! )

I already really like the Kings Dominion ride lineup and layout of the park. Actually my second favorite in the chain. Add an RMC to a lineup that has I-305?! A return trip is in order.

Still hoping for Mean Streak, though. edit - I really hope that doesn't mean GCI is going to work on Mean Streak.

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To

Steel

Coaster

Ratios,

Anniversaries

Or

Bull***

Coaster

Feature

Quotas

Number

Of

Inverting

Coasters

Or

Stupid

Sh*t

That

... God damn

I prefer the handy, easy-to-remember acronym "TPDNGASSAWTSCRAOBCFQLNOICOSSLT". Much simpler.

^I've always felt the RMC Streak for 2017 seemed a little soon...

I agree. That would be five years in a row of coasters (depending on your definition of a coaster).

2013- Gatekeeper

2014- Pipe Scream (the questionable year)

2015- Rougarou

2016- Valravn

2017- Would be the new Mean Streak conversion

I think they can take a year off from coasters; they need to build things that appeal to other audiences.

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To

Steel

Coaster

Ratios,

Anniversaries

Or

Bull***

Coaster

Feature

Quotas

Number

Of

Inverting

Coasters

Or

Stupid

Sh*t

That

... God damn

But, but but... 2017 is Valravn's first anniversary! Doesn't that just MEAN the park will celebrate with a new wood coaster to meet their quota!