TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Don't worry about Magnum in the front seat. Go for back row of the first car. It's a life altering experience.

I rode it in the back row of the first car last year and it was great! Well, I thought it was great but BF didn't tighten his seatbelt enough haha. Someone recently said something about riding it in the front row of the last car. Is this also another magic seat or are they making it up?

I almost always ride it in the first row of the last car, and it gives me the best ride, with the least roughness, of anywhere that I've found! (Front is fun as well, but it's been so long since I've sat there, since there's always a long wait, while there is usually hardly any wait for the other row.) And no, I'm not making this up!

Today was the last day for us at Cedar Point.

We started off by riding Maverick followed by lunch at Panda Express. Then we rode Gatekeeper twice (back row of both sides) and Skyhawk. We then went to Soak City for about an hour and a half. We went Bach into the park, rode the launch Power Tower and went to the Bandstand USA show. We ate supper at Chickie's and Pete's before riding Gatekeeper again. Then we went to the 7:00 Extreme Sports show, waited 40 minutes for a front row ride on Valravn, rode Millenium Force, Skyhawk, Gemini, and ended the trip on Dragster.

We saw a rollback on Dragster, but it was an empty train after it had been closed for a while, so I wonder if it was on purpose. It still was cool to see. Right after they started loading people again and opened it without doing a test run that made it over which kind of surprised me. I was also surprised on Maverick yesterday. It was closed for about 15 minutes for a little rain and they didn't even do a test run before putting people on it. I think the rides should be tested once or twice after not running for 15 minutes.

Some notes:

-Why doesn't Gatekeeper ever have a long wait? It is one of the best rides in the park IMO.

-Valravn and Millenium Force are awesome.

-I love B&M coasters.

-I expected 120 mph to feel faster.

-Cedar Point has a lot of bugs at night.

-Most of the Arrow Dynamics coasters are pretty rough, which is expected based on age.

-There is a lot to do at Cedar Point/Soak City/Hotel Breakers. There is no reason to ever be bored or sitting around.

-The views at this park are awesome! I wish Dragster could stay at the top longer just to get more time for the amazing views.

Some notes:

-Why doesn't Gatekeeper ever have a long wait? It is one of the best rides in the park IMO.

-Valravn and Millenium Force are awesome.

-I love B&M coasters.

-I expected 120 mph to feel faster.

-Cedar Point has a lot of bugs at night.

-Most of the Arrow Dynamics coasters are pretty rough, which is expected based on age.

-There is a lot to do at Cedar Point/Soak City/Hotel Breakers. There is no reason to ever be bored or sitting around.

-The views at this park are awesome! I wish Dragster could stay at the top longer just to get more time for the amazing views.

Lines =/= popular. Gatekeeper I believe gives more rides per season (if I recall) than MF, Maverick, Dragster, etc... It has excellent capacity, resulting in lower lines. Just because Maverick always has a long line doesn't necessarily mean its popular, just that capacity sucks on it (truth).

Did you ride Dragster in the front seat? 120mph in the front feels a LOT different than in any other seat on that ride.

Yes, CP is loaded with bugs. Fall is the worst when any legit arachnophobiac will likely have to leave the park ASAP when dusk comes around. You will see hundreds of spiders on a single fence, it's crazy.

Cedar Point easily has the best views in the US as far as I am concerned. Nothing compares.

On our first trip to CP, I was ignorant of the insect issue. Rode Blue Steak at dark. Had my mouth wide open and flew into a mob of them under a light near the track.

One was lodged somewhere in my throat and I dry heaved on it for about four minutes.

Fool my once...

As entering the park today around 10 AM with about a million other cars entering at the same time we noticed one vehicle did not want to pay parking. It was his turn at the toll booth and just drove right through. The attendant literally tried chasing him down, but obviously couldn't get to him. She called security. Hopefully they caught him. He probably got kicked out if they ended up catching him.

As entering the park today around 10 AM with about a million other cars entering at the same time we noticed one vehicle did not want to pay parking. It was his turn at the toll booth and just drove right through. The attendant literally tried chasing him down, but obviously couldn't get to him. She called security. Hopefully they caught him. He probably got kicked out if they ended up catching him.

It amazes me the things people try to get away with, especially in an area where there's a gazillion cameras

Watching Millennium Force on the webcam here and there over the last week or so, it's noticeably ripping through the course. Earlier in the season, the trains would rove over the island hills a little bit sluggishly, behaving as though the ride just got out of bed. Now it appears to be wide awake, as every train is hauling like it just chugged coffee. If anyone had a "meh" ride on it last month, I'd recommend revisiting it in these current conditions -- it looks like it's giving some great rides.

Watching Millennium Force on the webcam here and there over the last week or so, it's noticeably ripping through the course. Earlier in the season, the trains would rove over the island hills a little bit sluggishly, behaving as though the ride just got out of bed. Now it appears to be wide awake, as every train is hauling like it just chugged coffee. If anyone had a "meh" ride on it last month, I'd recommend revisiting it in these current conditions -- it looks like it's giving some great rides.

People say it has no airtime but especially in the front row the last two hills are borderline ejector. It was running stupidly fast on Wednesday and Thursday.

The outside temperature plays a huge roll on Millennium's speed. Once it gets to about 80 degrees it really lets loose and on those 90+ days that's the millennium Force you've heard all the hype for.

^or just ride it in/after the rain. That was the last thing I did at Cedar Point before we left for Cleveland. Nothing could have beaten that except maybe riding later in the evening and riding in the front row, but circumstantially that wouldn't have been possible. That ride was amazing. Even better was the fact that it was just about the only thing in the park running and the hype in the station was the highest I'd seen, even higher than at night.

The three times I've visited the park were twice in may and once in September. My first trip and first time ride was in about sub 40 degree weather during early entry. Second trip in September was probably mid 70s. Last month was about 60-70 degree. Going next week, the 28th with DP, so let's hope it's not as sluggish.

The outside temperature plays a huge roll on Millennium's speed. Once it gets to about 80 degrees it really lets loose and on those 90+ days that's the millennium Force you've heard all the hype for.

This. While I didn't ride it last Saturday when it was 92 due to the long lines (we waited and got FL+ on Sunday), we rode it Sunday when it was 80 and had an awesomely fast ride in Row 2.

I have noticed that during cooler Halloweekends that it tends to run a little more sluggish - especially at night.

Really? I would expect the ride to run slower during Halloweekends but as the day goes on it should speed up (not to the speed of a summertime night ride but to a faster speed than it ran earlier in the day). It should be running the slowest early in the morning.

Nitro for example would often almost valley during Holiday in the Park at park open when it was in the 40's but after it ran all day it would run much faster, even as temps went down into the high 20's.