TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

If I get Fast Lane + does that mean I can literally walk up, go on the ride, exit, and go again? I know it's just a wristband, but do they give you wait times to come back or could I marathon a ride if I wanted?

Correct. There are no Q-Bots. You show your wristband and they put you in the FL+ line which usually merges either at the station or just before it. When Maverick is running we ride it then go right back around to the FL+ entrance to ride it again. And again. And again...

^MTP you had a super successful day!

^^ looking at the webcams the park looked kinda dead today... I wonder if the threat of rain (thay never really came... at least in Cleveland) made some people think twice about going today.

Could be. The forecast is not good for tomorrow either so I am thinking of heading down to KI instead and save my first CP trip for next week.

^^ looking at the webcams the park looked kinda dead today... I wonder if the threat of rain (thay never really came... at least in Cleveland) made some people think twice about going today.

Could be. The forecast is not good for tomorrow either so I am thinking of heading down to KI instead and save my first CP trip for next week.

You never really know with the forecast up here. It could say that tomorrow will be crap but then it'll end up being beautiful like today or it could be the opposite.

A day at KI isn't a bad alternative either.

I have been to CP a number of times when they have closed Power Tower because of high winds... does anybody know how that ride could possibly be affected by winds?

The wind will blow the cables on the towers enough to cause the ride to throw a fault.

I had a really amazing ride on Maverick today. Some of the transitions are still a little uncomfortable for me but that particular ride pushed it up a bit. It's tied with Millennium right now in terms of ride experience (for totally different reasons). If you wanted me to ride front row on something I'd choose Millie and back row I'd go Maverick.

Ranking my top ten is going to be tough. Contenders who may or may not make it into the top ten but are still amazing include Raptor, Magnum, and Valravn. Dragster is hard to rate for me because of its length, but it's all sorts of awesome so it definitely is also a contender.

Can I also say that Blue Streak has RMC-level ejector airtime in the front row? Seriously, that thing just throws you over the hills. Fantastic.

I have been to CP a number of times when they have closed Power Tower because of high winds... does anybody know how that ride could possibly be affected by winds?

The wind will blow the cables on the towers enough to cause the ride to throw a fault.

Ok that makes sense. Thanks!

I've ridden all the coasters (besides the kiddie coasters) in the front row except Magnum. I think that's my next stop actually. I did get three Millennium night rides yesterday but they were all middle/back of the train. I did two front row rides during the day.

^^ looking at the webcams the park looked kinda dead today... I wonder if the threat of rain (that never really came... at least in Cleveland) made some people think twice about going today.

Heh the threat of rain actually did that to us. Went to MIA instead as the weather looked better there and it's just as close. Wish I went though . Oh well going sometime next week so I still will get some CP.

If there is one thing Florida theme parks should have taught me is the disregard the weather and go anyway.

It rained pretty good at one point but it didn't stop the Millennium crew from cranking out trains of crazy people. My last ride of the day before driving to Cleveland was Millennium Force right after it had rained. Amazing. Sensation of speed increases so much after the rain. I did get nailed by a ton of gnats, but that's better than muffleheads lol

I've ridden all the coasters (besides the kiddie coasters) in the front row except Magnum. I think that's my next stop actually. I did get three Millennium night rides yesterday but they were all middle/back of the train. I did two front row rides during the day.

Don't worry about Magnum in the front seat. Go for back row of the first car. It's a life altering experience.

Don't worry about Magnum in the front seat. Go for back row of the first car. It's a life altering experience.

I only got to ride in the front two rows (both with seatbelt as tight as possible). Second row had comfortable, light airtime. Front row could have cut my legs off. Amazing airtime even if it was a little taxing.

Oh and speaking of Arrow coasters, if anyone is considering riding Gemini in the back row, please save yourself and ride in the front instead. We tried the back row on Gemini and it was the worst ride I've had on anything. Luckily it appears to only be a problem in that row. As for other Arrows in the park, Corkscrew is pretty much the only inverting mine train in the world so that's a very unique ride that I definitely recommend riding (for the credit and that's about it). Iron Dragon is decent but I think pretty much every other suspended coaster is better (the only other one I've done is The Bat @ KI)

Yeah even though Gemeni is a steel coaster I sort of apply the "Don't sit in a wheel seat" rule. I usually sit in the middle of the train to maximize hand slapping. Lol

Gemeni is totally ignored but it's a ton of fun. It's absolutely the most underrated coaster at Cedar Point.

You never really know with the forecast up here. It could say that tomorrow will be crap but then it'll end up being beautiful like today or it could be the opposite.

A day at KI isn't a bad alternative either.

There were two times it rained today, once was around noon and lasted around ten minutes and the other started at about 8:45 and I'm not sure when it ended.

We were able to ride all coasters but Gemini, Mean Streak, Wicked Twister, Pipe Scream, and Wicked Twister (which we were okay with). I don't think I could pick a favorite coaster at this place. I could probably narrow it down to Gatekeeper, Valravn, Millenium Force, and Maverick but couldn't pick a favorite. We also rode Power Tower and Mini-Golfed today.

Hoping for a great final day here tomorrow, and will probably hit up Soak City!

I rode it in the back row of the first car last year and it was great! Well, I thought it was great but BF didn't tighten his seatbelt enough haha. Someone recently said something about riding it in the front row of the last car. Is this also another magic seat or are they making it up?

A quick question to those who were at this month's Coastermania! Or to those who already

know this question and the usual answer, but...

Which of the two days (Sat. or Sunday) right after Friday's CM! is usually the busiest/most packed?

Or are both days pretty even in capacity, etc.?

I'm planning for next year, and also plan to give myself a day off from the park(s), and just chill.

So that, and CM! and a Monday park day will complete my Cedar Point '17 Adventure!

Thanks in advance.