TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ I get it. Remember that first time well.

If I had dollar for every time I've heard a TPR member say this I'd be...

pretty broke actually.

The euphoria I felt, definitely among the best 3 minutes of my life.

Went to Cedar Point yesterday, Tuesday. Had a very good day except I got stuck on valravn. I had to go down the huge 200 step spiral staircase

I don't know why you say "except". That would have been the highlight of my day.

We were stuck for about 30 mins and people were getting annoyed they were stuck. I did enjoy being up there and it was a really good view. The pros did out weigh the cons because I got 2 from of the line passes and a great view.

I'm going to be that guy, but I need some advise from you CP regulars. I'm probably going on July 7th (a Thursday) and it's the first time I've been in 5 or so years. I'm assuming crowds will be moderate since it's not a weekend but I still want to get on everything. If I get Fast Lane + does that mean I can literally walk up, go on the ride, exit, and go again? I know it's just a wristband, but do they give you wait times to come back or could I marathon a ride if I wanted?

I'm going to be that guy, but I need some advise from you CP regulars. I'm probably going on July 7th (a Thursday) and it's the first time I've been in 5 or so years. I'm assuming crowds will be moderate since it's not a weekend but I still want to get on everything. If I get Fast Lane + does that mean I can literally walk up, go on the ride, exit, and go again? I know it's just a wristband, but do they give you wait times to come back or could I marathon a ride if I wanted?

Being a Thursday should help the lines, but it being a holiday week I expect the lines to be pretty long(assuming good weather)... Fast lane+ will let you skip MOST of the line, bit not all of it. I'd say at worst ~20 minute wait.. Atleast that is what I observed back in May (I didn't have Fast lane though). But IMO it is definitely worth the extra $ if you are only going for a day and want to get the most out of the park

Valravn was down since noonish but I think it's back up. Hopefully it's open tomorrow since I'll have fastlane+ and won't have to wait in the line for it.

I got to ride Maverick in the front row while it was raining and that was fun. Mean Streak in the front leaning forward (an hour later after a random dry patch) also got rained on. Millennium Force was #50 and my new favorite coaster. No idea where people get the "no airtime" thing from. Sure it's not rip-your-face-off ejector airtime but it's a big step above floater. Sensation of speed is off the charts and incredibly smooth. Raptor is also my new favorite invert, just the right amount of intensity and no headache or hip crush restraints *coughbansheecough*

The new B&M vest restraints are the Achilles heel of so many good rides. Wing coasters, Banshee, probably Valravn all have that annoying hip pain from the lap bar tightening throughout the ride. Vests are also annoyingly tight and surprisingly inflexible. It's sad because I do love the newer B&Ms and their layouts.

First off, at that point in the year the park will be packed no matter the day you go so it's good that you're getting fastlane plus. As far as fastlane yes. You can ride whenever you want. Sometimes the fastlane line can be around 15-30 minutes for certain rides like millie, Maverick, TTD, and probably Valravn. They don't give any certain time to come back. You get in line whenever you want. Hope this helped!

Went to Cedar Point yesterday, Tuesday. Had a very good day except I got stuck on valravn. I had to go down the huge 200 step spiral staircase. It was really crazy, but I got 2 front of the line passes. We also had fast passes, those things work magic. In total I got 5 rides on MF, 4 on Maverick, 2 on TTD, 2 on gatekeeper and some other rides mixed in there. I had a great day even though we got stuck on Valravn.

I would love to walk the catwalk of a coaster. My wish.

I was at BGW very often back in the day and I don't recall daily shutdowns, especially not stops on the mid course. But maybe it's a dive machine thing, or a trend with more recent B&Ms. (Fury always getting stopped on the lift, etc.) The other B&Ms at BGW certainly didn't have daily problems over a month after opening. Weekly, sure, but not anything out of the ordinary. There could also just be a hypersensitivity of CP folks reporting downtime...

Went to Cedar Point for the first time today. We got into the park around one and rode Windseeker, Gatekeeper, Raptor, Blue Streak, MaxAir, and Wicked Twister before exiting the park around three to check into Hotel Breakers.

We went back into the park around 4:15 and rode Magnum-XL 200, Witches' Wheel, Gemini, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Skyhawk, Snake River Falls, Mean Streak, and Thunder Canyon. We exited again at 6:40 to eat at TGI Fridays in the hotel.

We re-entered again at 8:20 and rode Top Thrill Dragster and Millenium Force. We went to the Luminosity show at 9:30 and then got on a front-row rode of Rougarou at 10:05 (even though closing time was 10).

I would say that we had a pretty successful day at the park, good thing we didn't buy FastLane passes! Hopefully tomorrow we will be able to get on Valravn, Maverick, Corkscrew, and Iron Dragon.