TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

If you haven't gone back to the Brews and Barbecues yet, they have a bluegrass band that does covers of pop songs, or at least they did on Coastermania day. I imagine they're probably still there. I spent a couple of hours listening to them and enjoying the great food and drinks. Worth checking out!

^ Bill, it's also the same price ($20) if you have a season or Platinum Pass.

So if you are planning on coming to CP for Coastermania next year, staying several days, then buying a season pass or PP to get little perks like this would be totally worth it.

I consider myself a beer drinker, but even I could not use up $20 worth of tickets on beer and food. I think that if we go for the event next year, Michael and I will just split $20 worth of tickets and then buy more should we need them.

I consider myself a beer drinker, but even I could not use up $20 worth of tickets on beer and food. I think that if we go for the event next year, Michael and I will just split $20 worth of tickets and then buy more should we need them.

Dang... Not only did I use up all 20, I actually used some of my dad's as well! Apparently, I'm a bit if a lush! (Like I said, GateKeeper was mind-blowing afterward! )

Checking into Breakers Express atm. I caught a glimpse of the park from the causeway fork. Hype for tomorrow!

I'm very excited for you! I always love that moment, when first timers see the park from the causeway for the first time, and their jaws just drop in astonishment! It reminds me of my early years going to the park, when that was such a magical sight for me still! Don't get me wrong, I still love going, and get excited with that view, but it's not the same anymore. The joy I can feel through some of the first-timers' posts here, is palpable, and I love it! Plus, I know you're in for a real treat, as it truly is an amazing park, which is easy for us regulars to take for granted! Have a great day!

^I said it still excites me when I see it, but it's nothing like it was back in the day when I didn't even go every year, and it was the highlight of my life. For example, I've already been four times just this year. As cool as it is, I'm not going to have the same internal excitement seeing it, that I did when I was young, or even years when I've only gone once or twice. I do get extra excited to see the view when I'm going with others who have never been, or haven't been in a while, as I live the experience of "first sight" vicariously through them!

I don't know, that view still gets me every time.

I'm with this guy.

I feel like neither of you really "get" precisely what feeling I'm talking about, that is different after visiting with any consistent frequency, but that's fine... The view is awesome, and builds excitement for the park every time, no doubt, and on that we can all agree!

^ I get it. Remember that first time well.

If I had dollar for every time I've heard a TPR member say this I'd be...

pretty broke actually.

It is funny you said all this when i rode Valraven for the first time i told my wife. I was like some of these people really need to meet a girl and enjoy that, and worry less about some parks light bulb needs replaced.

^ I get it. Remember that first time well.

If I had dollar for every time I've heard a TPR member say this I'd be...

pretty broke actually.

If this is saying what I think it's saying...

If it's not, well I guess I may just have a dirty mind!

^I said it still excites me when I see it, but it's nothing like it was back in the day when I didn't even go every year, and it was the highlight of my life. For example, I've already been four times just this year. As cool as it is, I'm not going to have the same internal excitement seeing it, that I did when I was young, or even years when I've only gone once or twice. I do get extra excited to see the view when I'm going with others who have never been, or haven't been in a while, as I live the experience of "first sight" vicariously through them!

Second best part about Cedar Point, other then the rides. That first view of the park, brings chills to me EVERY time and I've been 4 times. Its literally an ISLAND OF ROLLERCOASTERS! PURE ROLLERCOASTERS! Driving up to that with someone new is always special, seeing their reaction as well.

Went to Cedar Point yesterday, Tuesday. Had a very good day except I got stuck on valravn. I had to go down the huge 200 step spiral staircase. It was really crazy, but I got 2 front of the line passes. We also had fast passes, those things work magic. In total I got 5 rides on MF, 4 on Maverick, 2 on TTD, 2 on gatekeeper and some other rides mixed in there. I had a great day even though we got stuck on Valravn.