TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Magnum has been cranking trains out like nobody's business and Valravn doesn't seem to be doing that bad either.

I just caught something that looked like a test run on TTD. Maybe by the time the park closes at least one full train of riders will get to race for the sky today.

It could be down for wind. been windy in Ohio the last 2 days

Doubtful since Raptor is running. They usually go down at the same time (though I know Dragster has it's own wind meter). Plus it wasn't running this morning either even though Sky Ride was.

It's not too windy at the park today.

Maverick was down for quite awhile but running again now. The lady at the museum said they were working hard to get dragster up by end of day. We haven't seen it test. Considering what they just went thru the park is running very well. They also gave a free night to guests staying at their properties who wanted to stay an extra day if they missed their visit due to Monday's closure.

What's the que time for maverick, does it break down a lot? I know it uses magnetic launch system instead of hydrolic which is what ttd uses and why it breaks down so often.

Edited by nicman

This Saturday could be interesting in Sandusky...

Possible repeat of last weekend, or worse??

Capture.thumb.JPG.9813e10f6e6c1210024574be4f717417.JPG

Wow...90 degrees with a 100% chance of storms - then dropping back into the 70's on Sunday. I think we're going to cancel our tee time and play it by ear as to what we do that day. If the weather holds, we'll most likely hit up Soak City and skip the golf. Three words: SWIM-UP BAR (but not in the lightning)!!!!

^Same with yours

I just wanted a straight answer of maverick, just saying "long" and "a lot" does not tell me anything. Be more specific Instead of giving me links to another thread just answer my question. I know you've never been to cp, so I don't need your help.

EDIT: jez, you guys aren't helpful at all I was looking for more of an opinion compared to other rides and other launched coasters and since maverick is an lsm instead of a hydrolic.

Well... what do you expect it's cp fanboys.

Edited by nicman

^ What exactly did you want him to say?? It's a QUEUE LINE for one of the most popular coasters in the park.....I think "long" is very accurate for the line!

Dang it Bill, why couldn't you just tell him that the line is 1 hour, 28 minutes, and 12 seconds AT ALL TIMES!! Share your secrets!

Yeah Dragster is testing. Hurry up and ride it before it breaks again. lol

Edit: Too late

it sent two trains and then broke hahaha. Bbq & beer fest is an outstanding consolation. We can't even finish our tix.

^ What exactly did you want him to say?? It's a QUEUE LINE for one of the most popular coasters in the park.....I think "long" is very accurate for the line!

Dang it Bill, why couldn't you just tell him that the line is 1 hour, 28 minutes, and 12 seconds AT ALL TIMES!! Share your secrets!

That's not detailed or IN DEPTH enough to satisfy the nicman.

Expect to wait at least 1.5 hrs w/o a mechanical or weather related downtime. Launch coaster are not the greatest when it comes to up time. (For example Lighting Rod, Intamin launched rides, Ring Racer, etc..). But any type of search you would find that out.

That question is as annoying as when people ask what are the lines going to be like on blah blah day and what should I do.

1 We can't predict the future.

2. Search the forms I'm sure your questions about the park have been answered somewhere on here. It's not hard to use Google to help find it.

And 3. Don't get upset when someone uses sarcasm to answer your questions. It's just some words on the Internet.

Hi guys, I'm planning to visit CP this June and not having been there I went through POV videos on Youtube and prioritised the rides as per below.

You will probably get the idea of what kind of ride I prefer from the list - that said, I may have missed some good stuff so it would be appreciated if you guys can make recommendations and reasons why. Note that I'll be visiting a bunch of other parks so you will come across similar posts elsewhere - and I had a feedback that one couldn't get the idea of what kind of ride I prefer, I guess probably because it's only small sample of rides I listed for a specific park but if you look through my other posts you would get there (IMO, that is) - regardless, any feedback is welcome.

1. Maverick

2. Millennium Force

3. Gatekeeper, Rougarou, Valravn

4. Magnum XL-200, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster

5. Wicked Twister, Mean Streak, Iron Dragon

6. Corkscrew, Gemini

7. Blue Streak, Witches' WHeel

8. Skyhawk, Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Cheers,

Sam

ok I'll have to correct myself - MF is #1 hands down.

Maverick second. I'll give Valravn possible third. All the rest were rather disappointing - I must be getting old... Probably didn't help that I started off with MF then Maverick, which turned out to be the #1 & 2 respectively.

TTD wasnt running (at least while I was there) but it didn't bother me too much.

Thanks all for your help.

How windy does it have to be for rides to close 10mph,15mph,20mph? Just wondering what speed determines ride closure. Will be at park tomorrow and the forecast calls for 10mph winds. I guess I can expect ttd, windseeker, and maybe rag to be down.

I just looked at the forecast. I think it's highly unlikely that any coasters will close. Windseeker and Sky Ride may be closed earlier in the day but I don't even think they'll be closed all day. Tomorrow should be a great day at the park. Have fun!

Thanks coasterbill. Drove 12 hours today to get here. Looking forward to my first ever visit to CP. Should we try to go around and park at soak city to go in the back entrance? I have read that is not as crowded go in back there. I assume anyone can use that entrance.

Hey Point fans! Just a quick update from today's visit to Cedar Point. It was the day after the closure and the park was quite busy for a Tuesday. I arrived at opening and stayed till close and maximized my time without using fast lane. I have been many times so missing a few rides was no big deal, here were the wait times...

Valravn: 2.5 hours, broke down twice while we were in line, and it was the first ride of the day. I enjoyed this one more than Sheikra and Griffin.

Rougarou: 35 mins, I so don't miss the Mantis trains, what an improvement!

MF: 60 minute wait which we skipped by obtaining fast lane tickets. There is a promo going on right now, if you download the Mobile Strike app game and show guest relations , you get a one time use fast lane. Millennium is such a great ride, effing legendary.

Maverick: 70 mins, My favorite coaster at the park and all time #2 coaster. The new soft restraints are excellent, thanks Tony!

Gatekeeper: 15 mins, I love my Gatekeeper. Smooth and sprawling and a great way to end the night. After riding all the US wing coasters I still like GK best. The beach setting, keyholes and layout make it one of my faves out of 300+ coasters, I feel GK is criminally under-rated.

Raptor: 40 mins all day except for at closing where it was a walk on. New lighting looks amazing and the paint pops at twilight. Outstanding inverted coaster as always.

TTD: 5 mins (went up to 90) It was closed all day until around 530. I heard it launch and briskly walked from Magnum to be on one of the first trains. Sorry Magnum, next year buddy...

That's all there was time for today without fast lane. A lot of breakdowns today for almost all of the big coasters but still a great day. I want to thank Cedar Point and Ohio Edison for replacing 36 downed power lines on the causeway and getting the park open today. I am so lucky Monday was a travel day from Chicago. I am most grateful to the Sandusky Police For keeping everyone safe after the storm damage , thankfully there were no injuries after the storm.

image.thumb.jpeg.ddc8cd0de036325ec2d5a1fd40f195cc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4997cfd9f6d17c36e579007d5888b37a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b42c85b6f9d46bcb24ca27b367700cfc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7a036f0e4008487ef6a2b323dc4fac49.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6d7d0096a680aff3d266f2601ef2c3b2.jpeg