TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

The storm took out Mean Streak, right?

Mean Streak is far too mean to yield for some dumb little storm. Remember, the more enthusiasts complain, the meaner the streak becomes. Don't say I didn't warn you. Mean Streak opens for another glorious day of family fun tomorrow morning at 10AM sharp.

I did notice that most of mean streaks footers were marked with an orange mark yesterday. Hopefully it's a sign of the end of mean streak as we know it.

Imo, the basic fast lane is almost a waste of money. The list of rides, are rides that typically have lines, but not very long lines.

The price for a fast lane plus this weekend was north of $100. That's what it costs to get into Disneyworld for a day. Kinda pricy just to ride a few coasters. If you plan your day right, you can hit most(If not all) coasters and some rides in 1 day. We have done it just about every time. Take advantage of early entry and crowd patterns. It also helps if you start in the back of the park and work your way up front.

I guess the one advantage of FL plus, is if you are only going to be visiting the park once every 5 years or so and want to marathon everything.

I understand where you are coming from and agree with most of what you posted. We only live 3.5 hours away and usually visit the park 1-4 times per year so buying a FL+ every time we go doesn't make much sense. We have gotten FL+ only once at CP once since they implemented it because we usually time our visits to go when crowds aren't crazy - that is the main reason why we are skipping the park entirely next Saturday and going golfing instead.

But with Valravn notching some pretty hefty waits this year, we would rather splurge for it and not have to wait the 1-2+ hours in line. The rest of the coasters on it would just be an added bonus because Maverick, TTD and MF usually sport hefty waits unless you hit the perfect day during the mid-week in early or late season. We figured that the money we are saving by not staying at the Breakers will more than pay for two FL+ passes.

And we quit doing early entry as we always seem to encounter down time on the coasters. Perhaps it's just dumb luck, but we really didn't like being in line for MF or Maverick, having it break down, exiting the line to haul ass for 1/2-1 mile to the next open coaster only to have that one break down.

I'd rather sleep in, have a nice relaxing breakfast and hit the park whenever we happen to make it there.

We're going on a Friday and Saturday at the end of June.We're staying at Breakers and we'll probably spend $400 in Fast Lane Plus passes, but screw it. We haven't been to the park since we spent a few days there during Maverick's first year, which was our first and last time visiting the park.

^ That's the best way to do it if you're traveling from afar - no doubt.

Another great way to go is if you have an RV and stay at Lighthouse Point/Camper Village. Nothing better than being able to walk back to your site, cook your own food, have a few beers or drinks, relax, and then head back into the park whenever you damn well feel like it.

Although I have to admit that I am still a bit bitter for them eliminating RV sites & installing more cabins. While I like the idea of a cabin, why did they have to design them all for 6+ people? I understand that they want to be family oriented, not to mention more people, more money...but why not install some cabins that are perfect just for couples or families of 1 or two kids & offer those at a slightly lower rate?

We just drove though absolute madness getting to the park. Without doubt the most torrential rain I've ever experienced. We were totally confused when they wouldn't let us onto the causeway, and I didn't even put 2&2 together. Got to Breakers Express and checked in, the lady behind the desk was at the park when the storm hit and said she literally thought she might die.

No nighttime rides for us this trip. Oh well, time for a beer run!! Hope they get things up and running for tomorrow.

^^Woah, very weird... I just got done watching that for the first time about 10 minutes ago. It's from 2011, but shows a lot of cool things that I never knew about the park.

A couple of lines that I found funny from that:

"Dragster is a star attraction. It has to open at 10."- We all know it never does

"We have to repair this section of track at a much quicker pace. We want to have Mean Streak opened with the park so our guests can enjoy it."- Enjoy? More like wince in pain from it. Except for coasterbill who is screaming "One more lap!"

We're gonna make the best of our vacation time and do a road trip within a road trip to King's Island tomorrow. Fingers crossed for Tues. Watching local Sandusky news right now - ho. lee. crap. - what a MESS!

Mean Streak is far too mean to yield for some dumb little storm. Remember, the more enthusiasts complain, the meaner the streak becomes. Don't say I didn't warn you. Mean Streak opens for another glorious day of family fun tomorrow morning at 10AM sharp.

Yeah, I'll have more to say about this when I type up my TR, hopefully tomorrow, but your Mean Streak trick worked perfectly. I heard a bunch of people behind me groaning in pain, while I enjoyed my ride in the front seat, leaning forward, laughing and smiling all the way.

The park is closed all day today - Monday, because of the storm yesterday. Lot's of power poles down on the causeway. This is the second time in the past 3 years that the park has been closed post Coastermania. They're hoping to be open on Tuesday, but that doesn't help me.

Yeah, I'll have more to say about this when I type up my TR, hopefully tomorrow, but your Mean Streak trick worked perfectly. I heard a bunch of people behind me groaning in pain, while I enjoyed my ride in the front seat, leaning forward, laughing and smiling all the way.

Glad to hear it!

The park is closed all day today - Monday, because of the storm yesterday. Lot's of power poles down on the causeway. This is the second time in the past 3 years that the park has been closed post Coastermania. They're hoping to be open on Tuesday, but that doesn't help me.
look at the last few pages, we know lol

I laughed at them saying "dragster has to open by 10" usually even if its fully working its still not open at 10 due to them starting testing late.

There is another line later on about "you don't want to get a reputation for rides not opening on time". Sad to say they totally have that reputation mostly because of Top Thrill Dragster and Mean Streak. Mean Streak they no longer even try to open with the park in the morning and it does not even run the entire season, they either close it early so it does not run during Haunt or open it several weeks into the season.