TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^^The event sounds awesome, so happy it coincided with a visit we planned awhile back, not knowing about it. 160 upscale and craft brews from 55 breweries, multiple dishes each from four regional BBQ styles. 15 tickets = $20. 3 tix = full beer or full plate of food, 1 tix = beer or food sample. Heck yea!!

Thanks bluestreak, happy to hear its calendar is expanding. Means it must have gotten good feedback last year.

^^The event sounds awesome, so happy it coincided with a visit we planned awhile back, not knowing about it. 160 upscale and craft brews from 55 breweries, multiple dishes each from four regional BBQ styles. 15 tickets = $20. 3 tix = full beer or full plate of food, 1 tix = beer or food sample. Heck yea!!

Thanks bluestreak, happy to hear its calendar is expanding. Means it must have gotten good feedback last year.

Yea I remember the food being pretty good last year. Being underaged I did not try the beer but it to seemed to be getting a pretty good response.

Ejot, the entrance by cinnabon/soak city is the entrance you will want to use. It sort of puts you smack dab in the middle back of the park. The entrance by Windseeker is way up front near Wicked Twister and Gatekeeper. We always used the Soak city /Magnum entrance as it is so much closer to Maverick, TTD and Millenium Force and of course Magnum. If you haven't been, just grab a map upon entering to orient yourself.

So I'm super excited for our Cedar Point trip, I've only been once before in 2014. Driving out 5 June, arriving probably around 7pm for a few hours of night rides. For Monday, we'll have early entry and are planning on FL+ and tons of riding. Early entry again Tuesday then probably hitting up the water park at opening, depending on the weather. Then a couple hours at Brew & BBQ before a few final evening rides. Wednesday, we might check out Sandusky a bit before hitting the road back home.

I know it's still early but has anyone tried the Brew & BBQ event this year? Reviews / advice?

Finally, we want to park at Soak City and either enter at Magnum entrance for Maverick or at Windseeker entrance for Millennium Force. I just want to make sure I have the path mapped out correctly to walk from Soak City lot to Magnum entrance, as it doesn't seem street view lets you walk that full continuous route. Is the following correct, with the entrance in the yellow circle? And this route is freely walk-able before the gates open? Are there any construction/complications/detours from whats shown on the map? ... I know that view is somewhat old.

[attachment=0]cp entrance.png[/

From here, the walk down the beach to Windseeker entrance is straightforward.

TIA, CP gurus.

Early entry is not really required if you splurged for FP+. Valrayvn's FP lane at 10am will often be shorter than early entry. So enjoy your breakfast or don't fret if your a little late. One problem I found with the Resort Entrance is the security line that becomes quite long. When we visited last weekend, the line almost mirrored your red line, which had to result to many people not even getting in by 10am! Conversely, the Beach Entrance was a very short line and the Marina Entrance was a walk in. Whatever your plan, I would recommend to hit Dragster at 10am. Not only is this the best time to get a rollback, the ride breaks down often. Make sure someone has a phone and the Cedar Point App. This can be a huge time saver. The app will inform you if a ride is currenty down and can save some precious walking.

I think MS conversion would be a pretty massive conversion, and rather than just try to complete it all over the course of an off season, they'll actually have it completely gone for a year, before it opens completely ready in 2018.

Mean Streak was built over 8 months from the ground up. We have 12 months till May, soo...

Yeah... I think you missed the point of what I was saying...

I don't think they're removing Mean Streak this year. I think they may announce that it's its final season of operation, in August, so people can get their last rides in. Then they would have plenty of time - 2 offseasons, and all next season - to get an entire area prepared for the new coaster. Ohio winters can be harsh, and unpredictable, so why worry and stress about construction, when you don't need to? Just sayin'...

All of this is pure speculation at this point, and I'm well aware that we're way early to be speculating about a possible 2018 attraction. But I was just pointing out what could potentially be what they're up to. How long Mean Streak took to be built from the ground up (which, incidentally, I actually remember, since I was 12! ), is irrelevant to the point I was trying to make.

I don't know which made me more excited - the 55 breweries or the food selections!

Okay, I admit....it was the beer.

Looking at going to this before it ends so I can get a TR posted for the food and beer fans on here. Besides, we have already seen enough Valravn photos, haven't we?

Officially have booked our stay at Hotel Breakers for June 15-18 and got our three-day park passes included. We plan to stay somewhere right east of Chicago on the night of the fourteenth and we'll be in the park on Wednesday-Friday, taking full advantage of the early hour on Thursday and Friday.

Any tips?

Other than the usual stuff, watching sunrise on the beach is pretty cool from the breakers, and watching the whole park waking up. Get to the early entry gates by 8:45 at the latest ( or earlier if it's busy) and enjoy early entry, It's nice to have the park that quiet crowd wise.

One problem I found with the Resort Entrance is the security line that becomes quite long. When we visited last weekend, the line almost mirrored your red line, which had to result to many people not even getting in by 10am! Conversely, the Beach Entrance was a very short line and the Marina Entrance was a walk in. Whatever your plan, I would recommend to hit Dragster at 10am. Not only is this the best time to get a rollback, the ride breaks down often. Make sure someone has a phone and the Cedar Point App. This can be a huge time saver. The app will inform you if a ride is currenty down and can save some precious walking.

Last year I stayed at Sandcastle Suites and entered both days thru the Soak City entrance and it was dead over there. This year we're staying at Breakers. Is there an easy way to get to the Soak City entrance from Breakers for early entrance, without having to take that beach path allllll the way around to Sandcastle? Honestly I didn't pay much attention last year to other entrances. Can you tell me specifically, or on a Paint-drawn map, where the Resort Entrance and Beach Entrance are? On the CP website map it doesn't say. I know there's an entrance at Windseeker - which entrance is that? We like to go to TTD/Mav/MF first. Thanks!

^^ There is a walkway from the Breakers where you don't have to walk all the around Soak City, the campground and back to Sandcastle.

As far as the beach entrance, I have circled it on the map below - it's right by Windseeker and WT. If you are looking to get on MF, Maverick and the like for early entry, skip that entrance and go in the one by Magnum.

Edit: I really wasn't trying to make the outline in photo #2 look like male genitalia...I swear!

Capture.JPG.df9857618df951540dc6dfcab7272174.JPG

Beach entrance by Windseeker.

Capture.JPG.b58763f9b25e39714bf5da8abdc8db2c.JPG

Take the walkway next to Perimeter Rd, past Challenge Golf and proceed to the gate by Magnum.

^^ There is a walkway from the Breakers where you don't have to walk all the around SC and back to Sandcastle.

As far as the beach entrance, I have circled it on the map below - it's right by Windseeker and WT. If you are looking to get on MF, Maverick and the like for early entry, skip that entrance and go in the one by Magnum.

Edit: I really wasn't trying to make the outline in photo #2 look like male genitalia...I swear!

Sorry for being a man, but that second picture. =D

You don't have to travel very far from the Breakers to get to the entrance by Magnum. I am not good at making paint maps but I can tell you, go to google maps and keep zooming in. The entrance is near the cinnabon by soak city. If you pass soak city you've gone too far. You can go through the parking lot at the breakers or walk the beach area for a small bit before you see the area that becomes soak city. It's hard to tell on the map because you go under the perimiter road and check in with your pass. Scope it out when you do the Let's check the layout of the hotel and entrances. We did and found it easy enough to get oriented. Plus the front desk at the breakers are really good at giving you directions upon checkin, just ask and they are more than willing to assist.

^^ Well, if you zoom out on google maps you will see there are lots of oddities, like Johnson' s Island across the bay from the point. All kinds of innuendos in the area. So no need to apologize.

A bit of history, Johnsons Island was a prisoner of war camp for confederate officers during the civil war. So, See, I can snicker like a school kid, but can also not be a dumb blonde all the time.

^ Thanks for sharing this innuendous little tidbit!

I had never even heard of Johnson's Island so I just Googled it. As soon as I mentioned that it was used as a Civil War prison for Confederate soldiers, my partner now wants to go check out the cemetery and memorials (he loves history).

See what you can learn from fellow TPR folks when you just casually post something silly?