TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

That's certainly a rather large amount of markers for it not to be anything, however, i'm not convinced with the stake that say's RMC on it as it could just be there to tease us.

I thought the same thing, but would CP/Tony really go THAT far just to tease/troll the enthusiast community? I'm torn...

Of course they would. I'm not saying it's what they're doing but they absolutely, absolutely would go that far. Lol read Coasterkyle's post. I remember that well.

Also, they painted an old Maverick harness yellow and put it on a Millennium Force train a few months ago for Winter Chill Out.

I found this under Mean Streak near the queue path yesterday. Read what it says.

Things are getting interesting...

I'm calling it now...this is going to be an RMC coaster themed to gay pride!

Lol! Imagine how many people would not go to cedar point if that happened though. Parks are already risking it enough with all this "gay day" stuff.

Yeeeaaahhhh I'm calling B.S. If I were a betting man, I'd put money on saying Tony put that there just to make us freak. I don't think a real construction stake would just blatantly have a manufacturer marker on it. Though the spray painted markers on the footers look legit though...

This has Tony trolling us written all over it

Yeeeaaahhhh I'm calling B.S. If I were a betting man, I'd put money on saying Tony put that there just to make us freak. I don't think a real construction stake would just blatantly have a manufacturer marker on it. Though the spray painted markers on the footers look legit though...

This has Tony trolling us written all over it

When SFNE was putting out markers for Wicked Cyclone, there was one or two of them that said RMC. Don't know if this means anything though.

Even if the marker is legit, and not just a troll job, I don't think this will be for next season. I imagine they would be in prep phase now, and then towards the end of the year announce that Mean Streak will be closing. Then destruction/construction happens 2017 for 2018. It just seems like Valravn this year, and then Mean Streak RMC next year is too quick, even for CP! The only similar examples would be Wicked Twister and then TTD the following year (and WT is a much smaller project than an RMC conversion), and then Rougarou/Valravn last year and this year, and though it was another conversion situation, it's still on a much smaller scale. I think MS conversion would be a pretty massive conversion, and rather than just try to complete it all over the course of an off season, they'll actually have it completely gone for a year, before it opens completely ready in 2018.

Maybe we'll even get a complete new midway, and connected area like they did with Valravn this year, where all that space back there between Perimeter Rd. and the park is utilized! That would make a lot of sense, given the transformative effect most of their major coaster projects have had on the look of the area around the coaster recently! The elimination of another dead end part of the park, and allowing for people to bypass even going to Frontier Town going directly from Gemini Midway to the new RMC MS, would be great in and of itself, and the creation of a lot of extra space for flats, ripcord and slingshot, or other future expansion, would be a nice benefit as well!

Edited by DILinator

I see a "18" underneath.

I can't imagine it happens in 2017. Massive water park upgrade and maybe a flat ride is more likely next year. They want to encourage more multi-day stays for them resort guests.

I see a "18" underneath.

I can't imagine it happens in 2017. Massive water park upgrade and maybe a flat ride.

I definitely think Soak City expansion is on the docket for 2017, and tying it in with my "new midway" theory posited above, the necessary removal of Rip Cord could result in it being moved to the new midway area taking shape off the end of the current Gemini Midway, putting it and Slingshot over there together, as that area begins to take shape in preparation for the big opening of the new RMC MS in 2018.

It would be great if Mean Streak got RMC'd IMO, but it's possible that this could just be another case of Cedar Point screwing with enthusiasts (like they did with the MF restraints in February).
When I was there last weekend, I was thinking about how cool it would be to see Mean Streak get the RMC treatment. Seems like it'd be a great candidate for it.

I mean what gay person doesn't love riding a nice woodie??

A top.

True.

Speaking of Tops.... any news on Top Thrill Dragster? Is it starting to run more constantly this season?

I found this under Mean Streak near the queue path yesterday. Read what it says.

Things are getting interesting...

Lol! Imagine how many people would not go to cedar point if that happened though. Parks are already risking it enough with all this "gay day" stuff.

I would make a point to urinate in the womens restrooms for the remainder of my lifelong visits. (with poor aim)

A wooden coaster themed to gay pride? I vote yes!! I mean what gay person doesn't love riding a nice woodie??

Uh... Too far, bro...

I think MS conversion would be a pretty massive conversion, and rather than just try to complete it all over the course of an off season, they'll actually have it completely gone for a year, before it opens completely ready in 2018.

Mean Streak was built over 8 months from the ground up. We have 12 months till May, soo...

I mean what gay person doesn't love riding a nice woodie??

A top.

True.

Speaking of Tops.... any news on Top Thrill Dragster? Is it starting to run more constantly this season?

Well it's a piece of crap Intamin, but I repeat myself.

So I'm super excited for our Cedar Point trip, I've only been once before in 2014. Driving out 5 June, arriving probably around 7pm for a few hours of night rides. For Monday, we'll have early entry and are planning on FL+ and tons of riding. Early entry again Tuesday then probably hitting up the water park at opening, depending on the weather. Then a couple hours at Brew & BBQ before a few final evening rides. Wednesday, we might check out Sandusky a bit before hitting the road back home.

I know it's still early but has anyone tried the Brew & BBQ event this year? Reviews / advice?

Finally, we want to park at Soak City and either enter at Magnum entrance for Maverick or at Windseeker entrance for Millennium Force. I just want to make sure I have the path mapped out correctly to walk from Soak City lot to Magnum entrance, as it doesn't seem street view lets you walk that full continuous route. Is the following correct, with the entrance in the yellow circle? And this route is freely walk-able before the gates open? Are there any construction/complications/detours from whats shown on the map? ... I know that view is somewhat old.

195833321_cpentrance.png.ce72cbcd38e81caddcb78ac45e020b87.png

From here, the walk down the beach to Windseeker entrance is straightforward.

TIA, CP gurus.