TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Does anyone else find Magnum absolutely hilariously fun?...

This is one of the reasons I have come to love Magnum. . . It's such a weird, painful, funny ride!

1000x this. Magnum is the only ride that I've ever ridden that the pain is part of what makes the ride fun.

... a lot of the rides and coasters are closed more often in May due to wind or rain. It sucks that a visit to CP can be such a crap shoot.

Agreed. I think we went a week too early (14th-17th), and Top Thrill Dragster was up forroughly 20% of the visit. Maverick was prickly, too. I am not complaining because I was able to get multiple rides on both. However, the early season weather didn't allow for Maverick to be open for any of the early entry times, which was mildly disappointing. I will have to avoid Physics week next time, as Raptor was swamped the whole time we were there. Now is the sweet spot I am guessing.

Oddly enough, I think Skyride might have had the most downtime while we were there, only opening on the last day.

... a lot of the rides and coasters are closed more often in May due to wind or rain. It sucks that a visit to CP can be such a crap shoot.

Agreed. I think we went a week too early (14th-17th), and Top Thrill Dragster was up forroughly 20% of the visit. Maverick was prickly, too. I am not complaining because I was able to get multiple rides on both. However, the early season weather didn't allow for Maverick to be open for any of the early entry times, which was mildly disappointing. I will have to avoid Physics week next time, as Raptor was swamped the whole time we were there. Now is the sweet spot I am guessing.

Oddly enough, I think Skyride might have had the most downtime while we were there, only opening on the last day.

That's not odd at all. Sky Ride never breaks so they're all wind closures but I've noticed that early in the season if it's windy and they're short staffed if it's too windy at park open they wait a long time after the wind dies down to open it back up. I'm guessing this is because they don't want to have staff standing around having to open and close the ride over and over again due to wind. In the summer they're more than willing to do that, probably because they have plenty of staff.

It's operated the last few days though. Not that I watch the webcams way too much or anything.

Anyone know what is up with TTD? Watching the web cams yesterday and today it does not appear to have run any yesterday and none so far today. Must have a serious problem. Dose not appear windy so I would think that is not the reason.

When I was there the app was mostly accurate with wait time info (more so than the times out front) -- you can get a GPS spoof app to make the app think you are in the park and get wait time info from there. This would probably be a better base for data than trying to collect from people at the park.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Correct, Currently I'm just pulling from the respective parks API. However the more data I can get the better!

^ It seems more like an early season thing. When we visit later in the season Dragster seems to never have down time.

*Gets even more excited bout August 21 & 22 trip*

Edited by TB305

Does anyone else find Magnum absolutely hilariously fun? I went there last week and every single time we came up to those 3 last airtime humps, I was just howling and crying with laughter. Those airtime humps are so forceful and painful that they are just hilarious, makes me laugh every time we go on it, but my thighs aren't laughing, RIP.

We have a B&M Hyper at my home park (Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland) and its a great ride and all, but I have MUCH more fun on magnum because of how ridiculous those airtime hills are. The restraints are also great, so nonrestrictive.

Other than the stupid A$$ "pretzel turn" made by Satan (that element is bumpier than mean streak) that ride seriously kicks A$$ and I'd rather have it than our B&M Hyper.

Great coaster, I believe 1-3 is the most extreme seat for airtime. Have you rode SkyRush or Phoenix? Those two coaster remind me of Magnum's ejector air. To think that coaster is 27 years old and still awesome. Raptor, (22 years old) was also running great last weekend.

I love Cedar Point.

Despite informing everyone on the way in that Dragster would not open yesterday, they got it running 15 minutes before closing and kept the line open 30 minutes after they closed to allow everyone to get a ride in. Hats off to Cedar Point!

I love Cedar Point.

Despite informing everyone on the way in that Dragster would not open yesterday, they got it running 15 minutes before closing and kept the line open 30 minutes after they closed to allow everyone to get a ride in. Hats off to Cedar Point!

Just was looking through some Cedar Point videos on YouTube and stumbled across this from Discovery "Nerve Center":

[youtu_be]https://youtu.be/45DcqQVpvms[/youtu_be]

It reminds me of an updated "World's Largest Amusement Park" documentary. This was recorded in late 2012 (GateKeeper was announced, but not yet built).

Just thought I'd share. I found it pretty interesting (other than a little too much dramatics about Windseeker cups)

I love Cedar Point.

Were you there yesterday? I was there all day! I wonder if I ever saw you, unknowingly! lol

Just was looking through some Cedar Point videos on YouTube and stumbled across this from Discovery "Nerve Center":

[youtu_be]https://youtu.be/45DcqQVpvms[/youtu_be]

It reminds me of an updated "World's Largest Amusement Park" documentary. This was recorded in late 2012 (GateKeeper was announced, but not yet built).

Just thought I'd share. I found it pretty interesting (other than a little too much dramatics about Windseeker cups)

Hadn't seen this video before, interesting look at the park.

TTD must have some serious problems. It appears to not be running again today which will make roughly 3 straight days it has not run for very much. It would be interesting to know if they might be reworking the launch system if it always has problems and continually goes down. Whatever is wrong must be big.