TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^It won't be as bad as it will get shortly thereafter! Most (if not all) Ohio schools will be out by then, so you'll have a lot of extra local kids compared to May. However, that is the last week of school for many Michigan schools, which is where the next largest contingent of attendees typically come from. So, you won't have the full-on crowds yet that week. That's pretty much the last chance for that, however, until the end of August, beginning of September! If you can go even earlier, like during the last week of May, I would recommend that even more!

I know it's only slightly after opening but holy hell that line is long. Probably around 2 hours.

I'm heading up there later in the day most likely... I wonder how the crowds will be throughout the park. I'm thinking it won't be *too* crowded but with a new ride I guess you never know. I keep forgetting that today is technically opening day to.

Screenshot_20160513-102411.thumb.png.abe8dfcbd04fdf3903e1927e191563ca.png

Been watching the cams a lot today. Dragster is launching 3 trains consistently and quickly! Getting really pumped since this week we booked our stay and my best friend is coming with her husband for the first time too! Trying out Hotel Breakers this time. Has anyone been inside the dog kennel on property? Are there pics online somewhere?

I'd like to see Valravn's holding brake actually engage and hold the train for a bit longer rather than slowly easing it over the edge. Do any of the CP employees here know anything about if they plan to add a pause to the hold in the future? Griffon really dangles you up there which I like.

Looking forward to visiting next weekend. Staying at Sandcastle Suites, anyone stay there before?

We're going next weekend too! It's a long weekend in Canada, so expect to see a lot of us. It looks like great weather is forecast, especially for Sunday. I have stayed at Sandcastle. It's nothing fancy, but does the job. See ya there!

I'm thinking of making a trip. Next time I would be able to go is Memorial day weekend. Will the lines be bad that weekend?

Yes. If a fastlane or Fastlane Plus is in your budget, get it. It's a holiday weekend. With a new coaster, the park will be packed.

I'd like to see Valravn's holding brake actually engage and hold the train for a bit longer rather than slowly easing it over the edge. Do any of the CP employees here know anything about if they plan to add a pause to the hold in the future? Griffon really dangles you up there which I like.

Not a CP employee, but I think a few ages back there was a discussion of a video where one of the managers they could adjust the length of the pause from 0 to 18(?) seconds. If that's true, it would make sense that they're keeping it lower for the time being to increase capacity.

Sorry for the double post but mini first day report.

Only got on a few rides today, gatekeeper (still my number one) Millennium Force and Rougarou. Valravn had an hour and 45 minute wait all day, but the area is beautiful. Planning on getting on Valravn, Raptor, TTD, Maverick, and Magnum tomorrow.

Full report and photos coming in a few days.

For how much we crap on Mean Streak, there are an awful lot of people asking about it. If it hasn't opened yet I'm guessing it's pretty much done for good, or as close as you can get to it. Although strange there would be no "farewell" before it gets an RMC treatment.

For how much we crap on Mean Streak, there are an awful lot of people asking about it. If it hasn't opened yet I'm guessing it's pretty much done for good, or as close as you can get to it. Although strange there would be no "farewell" before it gets an RMC treatment.

I think the Dollywood Thread influenced your opinions on delayed openings too much.

Out of the blue, I sent one of those "contact us" emails to CP to see if they could ship a Maverick sweatshirt for my ex-wife's birthday. Long story, but basically because we're so far away, we can't get there that often. The VP of merchandising contacted me the next day about arranging a 'buddy ship"...One of the many reasons CP rocks!

Went in for early entry, due to high winds, everything was closed.

Also saw some marking on the path over by the mini golf course. But they went up to hotel breakers, so probably nothing.

Challenge Golf can't possibly be long for this world. I have no inside sources but they gave up maintaining it a few years ago, I'm pretty sure one course has been closed for years.

If I were to bet on it I would think this might be it's last season, especially with the removal of the Go Karts. This all screams of a Carolina Harbor style water park expansion.