TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Higher capacity? What's the difference between the two, dispatch wise?

The difference I think he's referring to with how wide the track for Valravn is is comparable to Griffin at BGW. Griffin had 10 across seating alas using the old restraints. Valravn has 8 across but with the new restraints, as the new restraints require wider track. The very reason why Rougarou last year did not receive the new restraints as they couldn't widen the track for the wider trains required.

That makes a lot of sense. I always wondered why Rougarou didn't get the new restraints.

Do we actually know that the reason they went with 8 across trains is because of the vest restraints or are we just pulling things out of our collective a**es again?

My vote says yes... we are pulling things out of our collective a**es again.

Sheikra has eight across with the old style restraints.

I may be pulling this out of my ass but I've heard it before somewhere, the glowing example is look at Banshee's track width compared to other inverts, its much wider and that's the only invert with the new vest restraints. Like I said heard that was the reason Rougarou was unable to do the vest restraints.

I pulled two photos to compare...if anything, Valravn's trains appear smaller & more compact than Sheikra's.

The track looks to be close to the same width, no?

The perspective on those seems off. The spine looks thicker on SheiKra, probably because the camera is further away on Valravn. The seats with new restraints are noticeably wider. Look at how far Banshee trains hang off the edge of the rails compared go normal inverts and you'll see its night and day. The same is true for Valravn. I really am against the new B&M restraints, since they are overly restrictive, and sit on your crotch weird.

With that said, there's no arguing it has the best dive machine layout to date.

I was at the Park Friday night and Saturday. Friday was a cluster. took me over a half hour to get in from the causeway to the parking people. I figured that the park would of done something to kick ohio state people out of the park but that was not the Cause. I was told by an Employee that they ask them to leave but they didn't have to. Also They said last year the park was died for preview night and Ohio state day. The nice weather and a new ride helped bring people into the park. I was hopping for shorter lines. Valravn looked to be about 3 hours all night. The line was out in to the main midway most of the day. I just walked around looking at stuff and rode Wicked Twister. I want to 2 places looking for the Valraven beer and they sold out at both places. More on that later.

Saturday I got to the park at 850 hoping to get to Valravn and enjoy the rest of the day but the front gate was packed. and after seeing the line all the way down to Corkscrew I didn't want to deal with people and just got fast pass +. I figured I will just spend the money on something else dumb so why not just get it and enjoy the day. It did really make for a great day.

Park was busy but not as bad as Friday night.

I rode a few things before hitting up Valravn for the first time. Got put in the middle its not a bad ride. the first half of the ride packs a punch some strong g's coming out of the drop going into the inversion. The view from the top is amazing. Its a fun ride the GP will eat it up. Not the best but still great. They do have a rattle but not much to talk about it or anything to worry about. I get way more Rattle on MF so if you really want to talk about it then you may as well say that MF is worse. I did get a front row ride right after and you do feel it hold you more on the drop but it is slowly moving you forward but you do feel like its just holding you. I got a night outside back row ride also . It is the way to ride the ride in my eyes. So much fun. and the views at night can't be beat. All I can really say is go out and ride it.

Also for someone that at The lube is still in the same spot and like I said that Had Valravn beer on tap. I really liked it but not for everyone its not as hoppy as most Ipa but I liked it .

The Three bars that I stopped at Saturday in the park ran out. I'm sure they will have more next week.

A few other things Mean streak was down the two days I was at the park. they even had the Rail road crossing gates down so you could not walk over to the ride.

I'm not sure if this is going to be a new up thing we will have to deal with or that the park will need to deal with but they had so many people using the Handcap books or what ever you want to call it to enter via the Exit. Ever ride I was on I saw like 2 or3 groups people using it. Never seen it like that before.

I know people ask but they have lots of makes out near the old go cart track and the back entrance. Its a safe bet to say that we will see a water park upgrade next year. They could fit a nice slide tower in that spot. much bigger then you would of thought.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the shoot the rapid spot. I find it funny that they have not removed the rocks but they removed all the track no sure if they are going to tie it in with what ever the put in that spot.

I pulled two photos to compare...if anything, Valravn's trains appear smaller & more compact than Sheikra's.

The track looks to be close to the same width, no?

The perspective on those seems off. The spine looks thicker on SheiKra, probably because the camera is further away on Valravn. The seats with new restraints are noticeably wider. Look at how far Banshee trains hang off the edge of the rails compared go normal inverts and you'll see its night and day. The same is true for Valravn. I really am against the new B&M restraints, since they are overly restrictive, and sit on your crotch weird.

With that said, there's no arguing it has the best dive machine layout to date.

Meh, I thought the tracks looked pretty close to identical, but what do I know?

I agree with you about the restraints - I have not been a fan of the ones on Banshee or GateKeeper (even post-modification), but I think it's more to do with my frame than anything else. We'll see how well my collarbone holds up on Valravn after a few rides next month!

Just got back home. Stayed in the park from 9 am to 4. Mean streak area is closed off at the railroad didn't see anything going on there. The park wasn't to busy. It was busier on Friday then today. Ride Valravn 15 times got 6 or 7 front seat rides. I was very impressed with dispatch times. One time they got it to a 92 second dispatch time. Now the timer on the tv screen starts as soon as the train stops before the gates are even open to let guest in. So that was impressive.

Do we actually know that the reason they went with 8 across trains is because of the vest restraints or are we just pulling things out of our collective a**es again?

Tony stated in one of his Periscopes the reason for 8-across is due to vest / restraint size.

Theres two trains that have been sitting at the top Valravn's lift for a while... hard to tell if there's people in them though. Hopefully people aren't stuck up there.

They were stuck up there for a bit. Valravn was down for a while due to the wind alarm. It finally opened back up, cycled like 5 to 6 trains, then briefly stopped because of the wind again.

Just got back home. Stayed in the park from 9 am to 4. Mean streak area is closed off at the railroad didn't see anything going on there. The park wasn't to busy. It was busier on Friday then today. Ride Valravn 15 times got 6 or 7 front seat rides. I was very impressed with dispatch times. One time they got it to a 92 second dispatch time. Now the timer on the tv screen starts as soon as the train stops before the gates are even open to let guest in. So that was impressive.

Operations on Valravn are SOLID. I watched them several sub 60 second dispatches which is quite impressive for a dive coaster. Amazing crew, and amazing ops all around. One of the reasons I LOVE Cedar Point.

I wonder what's going on with Mean Streak?

Could be interesting if we find out that it won't open this year, like Hurler.

I can't wait for Mean Streak to open. It's so much fun each year watching the sheer disappointment when everyone realizes it's back for another fun filled season of medicority and the rumors / markers they got all excited about were meaningless.

Did anybody else notice the parking prices? Friday was $15 ,Saturday it was $18, and Sunday was back to $15 again.

We have Platinum passes so we don't really have to deal with the parking, but just thought it was kind of weird about the tiered pricing.

^I didn't pay attention to the prices but I did notice that depending on the worker, you could just come through with something that mildly resembles a pass and get by for free. I swear I flashed the back of my prehistoric platinum pass up for about 2 milliseconds and the dude at the booth waved me in with such confidence.

You pretty easily get the benefits of a Platinum Pass by flashing up an old pass or something that resembles one. Of course, that is as long as the action doesn't warrant scanning.

^I didn't pay attention to the prices but I did notice that depending on the worker, you could just come through with something that mildly resembles a pass and get by for free. I swear I flashed the back of my prehistoric platinum pass up for about 2 milliseconds and the dude at the booth waved me in with such confidence.

You pretty easily get the benefits of a Platinum Pass by flashing up an old pass or something that resembles one. Of course, that is as long as the action doesn't warrant scanning.

If this were a Six Flags park, I'd tell you to sleep with one eye open forever.

The important part of that story which they don't tell you about until the very end, is they told him to leave after he didn't pay for parking (which he says an employee told him to enter, but who knows, sounds like a lie), but he didn't take them seriously, decided to ignore them, and tried to enter the park anyway. That's when he was given his lifetime ban.

Harsh. But they gotta make examples out of some folks, I suppose. Six Flags sure doesn't care about running rides at full capacity, or nickel and diming you, or punishing people who cut in lines, but I'll be damned if they don't try their darnedest to keep people in the park safe, and keep people who might be a liability out of the parks.

But they scan passes for parking... Every CF park I've gone to does this.

We will be going to Cedar Point this coming Friday. Hopefully crowds will not be too bad, but my question is regarding early entry. We will most likely not be getting Fast Lane. With the addition of Valravn, should we still plan on hitting MF and Maverick during early entry or has that changed?