TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Current wait for Valravn 45 minutes before the park even opens...

was this the line for normal guests or the early entry for seasons pass holders? I'm a pass holder and was thinking of going to the early entry to ride it tomorrow, will i have a 15-30 minute wait if I hit it right at early entry gate open (9 am)?

Okay, since the season is coming back into full swing. . . I feel like we need to bring back THE boat. If anyone see's this boat please post a picture of it immediately. There are several of us who are starting to get worried about the boat, and we want to make sure it is safe.

Here is the so-called boat, for those who were late to the party. I spent an hour searching for the thing.

Thank you!

I am very proud of what I caused on this thread

I just left the park, and I will say that while the initial wait time appeared to be huge (having already ridden it, there was no way I was going to wait in it), by the time we left around 3:00, it was ihnto the queues designed for it, meaning less than an hour and a half wait. So it definitely got better as the day went on. Also, wait times for the rest of the coasters and rides were very reasonable, as a result of the glut of people waiting for Valravn. Less than 15 on MF to open the day (though I'm sure that got worse), and around an hour for Maverick and TTD. Raptor said it was that long as well, GateKeeper wasn't more than 15 when we got on, and when Magnum finally opened after a long delay, it didn't sound like it was very long. maXair was the only bigger ride that never opened while I was there. I walked onto SkyHawk, Pipe Scream, and essentially Blue Steak, while Rougarou would have been only around 15 minutes if I didn't have to wait for a train to be switched right before I got on. All in all, a really pleasant day at the park, and not too crowded, actually!

I tried a few of the new Valravn items, such as the beer (which I wasn't crazy about, but I don't like IPA's), and the Ice Cream (which was fabulous!) The new area around Valravn is fantastic, and is an even better addition to the park than the great coaster itself! So much life around there, mixed with great walking views, and a fabulous ambiance! It's going to be a banner year for CP, and I'm looking forward to my numerous future visits!

^^

"Rattle status" is my go to phrase for the remainder of '16

If you want to be extra edgy about it you can just abbreviate it as "Rat Stat". That way you can ask about the ever important B&M rattle and look like a badass edgelord at the same time.

^ Wow...surprised to hear that the Valravn beer has sold out at the park!

Now where is the QS & Lube...it used to be at Castaway Bay, but there were rumors of one going in or near the park? Can you confirm?

And before the Valravn beer sold out, where could you buy it? Just next to the coaster or any of the fine establishments in the park where adult beverages are sold?

The last two days here have probably been the best time I've ever had in a theme park, debbie downers about crowds/weather be damned. I took a ton of pictures, hoping to put together a trip report after we leave. About to go back to finish out the trip after a siesta in the hotel room.

....And before the Valravn beer sold out, where could you buy it? Just next to the coaster or any of the fine establishments in the park where adult beverages are sold?

Yeah, I need to know this for next year's visit.