TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'm thinking 5 hours.

I am going with 4.5 hours. Wasn't Gatekeeper 5 hours opening day?

It will be interesting to see if next weekend is worse because technically it is opening weekend.

The line looks to be shorter than before, and the lot is only half full. Everything considering, that's not too bad. Millennium has been stuck on the lift for a while and the evac bucket has been going up and down.

EDIT: The train started moving as soon as I posted this.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

How busy do you think it will be tomorrow? Do you think that it will be more busier due to mother's day?

Traditionally Mother's Day isn't too bad, but with great weather forecasted and a new ride, anything's possible. I'm guessing Fast Lane Plus will be needed.

Don't say that^^^

Looking at the webcam, the lot doesn't look to to bad.

I was noticing that. I think this maybe a surprise, compared to our original thoughts. Line is not looking at bad as yesterday.

So, does anyone know if Valravn get to vertical on the first drop? Form some angles it looks just off, but I thought the new trains (all others except oblivion's) could reach vertical no problem.

The first drop is vertical. The drop off the MCBR is almost vertical.

So I've only just gotten onto the live webcams, and I can say they've given me a bit of a thrill.

As an Australian, seeing that number of huge coasters constantly sending out riders is so foreign! You guys are lucky.

So, does anyone know if Valravn get to vertical on the first drop? Form some angles it looks just off, but I thought the new trains (all others except oblivion's) could reach vertical no problem.

Short answer....Yes!

How busy do you think it will be tomorrow? Do you think that it will be more busier due to mother's day?

I think it might be lesser busier tomorrow.

Fixed.

Haha, I didn't even see the first one! Hilarious!

Wait... why were Oblivion's trains not capable of reaching vertical? I know the drop there is 87 degrees but I'm not following the logic that the trains aren't capable of going that extra 3 degrees.

It was due to the suspension on the trains and wheel layout I think. If it went vertical, it would put far too much stress on the part of the track where the train lands back on the track. This would have made the ride more rough. I think I read it in JW's auto biography and Wikipedia.

Whoever was complaining about Millennium Force not using all three trains early last year need not worry. Red, Blue and Yellow are rolling.

But the real question is:

Are all three rolling with people on all three?? The original complaint was that all three trains were on the track!! One just wasn't being loaded because of the "cycle 100 times empty" policy.