TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

It's honestly miserable in here. It's a 3 hour wait for Valravn at this point. We skipped it all together. The line goes out the ride entrance, past blue streak, and across the midway. The parking lot was in over flow when we got here at 7:15. It sucks. I'm really disappointed lol

When I think miserable, I think Cedar Point for a Sneak Preview Event. I'm so sorry. Should we send help?

It's honestly miserable in here. It's a 3 hour wait for Valravn at this point. We skipped it all together. The line goes out the ride entrance, past blue streak, and across the midway. The parking lot was in over flow when we got here at 7:15. It sucks. I'm really disappointed lol

When I think miserable, I think Cedar Point for a Sneak Preview Event. I'm so sorry. Should we send help?

Lol. The amount of people I honestly wasn't expecting. No. The other rides are all open and we are having fun. It's just so insanely crowded beyond what I could have imagined.

^ You should of all, somehow, found each other, ditched the whole idea, gone for drinks, food and laughs....

Just a future suggestion.

How can you be drinking and laughing when the world needs hourly updates on the rattle status of Valravn?

^ You should of all, somehow, found each other, ditched the whole idea, gone for drinks, food and laughs....

Just a future suggestion.

Lol I literally thought this too. Would have been way more fun that battling the crowds tonight lol

How can you be drinking and laughing when the world needs hourly updates on the rattle status of Valravn?

You could have kindly asked the strippers to report the rattle status of Valravn. . .

I for one am shocked to hear that on the opening night of a brand new 230 foot rollercoaster with beautiful weather and 2 huge events going on at the same time the park is crowded and the new ride has a long line. Im deeply sorry for anyone who had to endure this shocking turn of events.

Just rode back row, far left and there was a slight rattle. Nothing horrible but definitely noticeable. Unfortunate for a brand new coaster. The first drop is awesome but I really wish it had the old restraints. You definitely don't float like on Sheikra.

... and there it is. I need a drink.

... and when the subsequent "yeah but you haven't ridden it so how do you know it doesn't rattle" posts show up I'm prepared to drink even more

B&M rattle may be the stupidest thing to ever come from the enthusiast community.

There are tons of things to pick from but you may be right.

The rattle debate is officially my new pet peeve. Half the coaster world is complaining new B&Ms are TOO smooth and forceless, and yet there is still a chunk of extremists claiming B&Ms are too rough because of a minor vibration that is only there sometimes.

Anyhiw, as to the restraints, as a tall guy I do not care for the new B&M restraints so far, as you get less freedom and airtime and it digs into my collar bone. Shame to hear you don't get griffon/SheiKra floater time, but wit that said, this ride looks kick ass, and I've never let the new restraints keep me from riding their newer coasters. Banshee may not be my favorite invert, but it's still a bitching ride. Something tells me despite the restraints, Valravn will still be my new favorite dive machine given thr awesome layout and view.

"Rattle status" is my go to phrase for the remainder of '16

If you want to be extra edgy about it you can just abbreviate it as "Rat Stat". That way you can ask about the ever important B&M rattle and look like a badass edgelord at the same time.

Okay, since the season is coming back into full swing. . . I feel like we need to bring back THE boat. If anyone see's this boat please post a picture of it immediately. There are several of us who are starting to get worried about the boat, and we want to make sure it is safe.

Here is the so-called boat, for those who were late to the party. I spent an hour searching for the thing.

Thank you!

Word on the street is the CP resorts are at capacity this weekend. Looks like we will see a Record breaking opening weekend for attendance! I don't think I have ever heard them selling out on Opening weekend, at least not in the last 10 years I've been visiting the park. When I worked there they typically sold out a few weekends in July and for Columbus day weekend, which we all know what those days are like... Oh well! I'm just excited it's coaster riding season again! Bravo Cedar Point in a winner of a ride, they really did a great job marketing it!

Just rode back row, far left and there was a slight rattle. Nothing horrible but definitely noticeable. Unfortunate for a brand new coaster. The first drop is awesome but I really wish it had the old restraints. You definitely don't float like on Sheikra.

... and there it is. I need a drink.

I saved a bar stool for you. Once I saw people were whining about a "slight rattle," I poured myself a vodka.

I was there last night for Passholder Preview night, and in my 30+ years of going to CP, I've never seen traffic so bad, and the only time it was worse for parking was a Halloweekends night years ago! Truly horrific traffic! And no, this was NOT normal, to be expected traffic... Like I said above, and other friends there who go even more frequently echoed, it was far from a normal to be expected situation...

Having said that, it was still an exciting night, getting to ride Valravn for the first time, at night! The wait was terrible (as was to be expected), but at least better than earlier, apparently, as we "only" waited 2 hours and 10 minutes instead of 3. The coaster and area looked fantastic, and the ride itself was really fun! We were assigned the back row (I won't get into my rant on the evils if assigned seating here), but at least I got on the right end, which is apparently one of the best seats. The ride time is a bit short, especially after waiting so long, but that's a minor quibble. (No, I didn't hear any rattle! ) Really fun coaster, and obviously it's going to be a major hit with the GP! Good job Cedar Point! Can't wait to see/ride it in the daytime today!

So did anyone spot (or happen to get pictures of) the supposed survey markers around Mean Streak?

They're most likely not going to get a new coaster the year after they built Valravn and it sounds like there are similar markers near the resort gate. Sorry, the Mean Streak will keep on streakin and crushing enthusiast pipe dreams (and spines).

Take a deep breath and let Mean Streak into your heart.

So did anyone spot (or happen to get pictures of) the supposed survey markers around Mean Streak?

They're most likely not going to get a new coaster the year after they built Valravn and it sounds like there are similar markers near the resort gate. Sorry, the Mean Streak will keep on streakin and crushing enthusiast pipe dreams (and spines).

Take a deep breath and let Mean Streak into your heart.

I'd be shocked if this was a project for next year. I don't *HATE* Mean Streak, more of a 'strongly dislike'. I was just surprised to hear that there are supposedly a number of survey markers down near it.

^ I was in the process of posting the same thing! Fasten your long line seat belts today. I love Cedar Point - and good for the park - but today looks like it might be one of those "Iron Dragon overflow" kind of days. FL+ will be more coveted this weekend than golden tickets were to Wonka's factory.

Edited by Samuel