TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Yeah, that holding brake doesn't actually hold for very long.

Also, the lift hill seems super fast compared to the other dive machines. That turn before the drop looks like it's over before you even get to check out the view!

It definitely goes a lot faster through the turn than the other dive machines. I'm enjoying watching everyones legs fly forwards when they hit the first set of brakes after the turn. Sound ridicilous I know, but I just found it amusing to watch...

^I saw a 75 second dispatch interval on Valravn. Seriously impressive. One thing I do love about Cedar Point is their operations are usually on point compared to almost every other park.

Agreed, I live 15 min from Six Flags Over Texas and the dispatching is atrocious at my park. I enjoy the rides here, I really do, but I'm flying up for 3 days next weekend simply because I always have more fun at Cedar Fair parks, especially CP. I appreciate the little things, and watching dispatchers hauling to try and get people on and off is enough to make me fly on a plane so they can have my money.

Also, the lift hill seems super fast compared to the other dive machines. That turn before the drop looks like it's over before you even get to check out the view!

It definitely goes a lot faster through the turn than the other dive machines. I'm enjoying watching everyones legs fly forwards when they hit the first set of brakes after the turn. Sound ridicilous I know, but I just found it amusing to watch...

Not going to lie, I find it amusing if not oddly pleasing too.

^I saw a 75 second dispatch interval on Valravn. Seriously impressive. One thing I do love about Cedar Point is their operations are usually on point compared to almost every other park.

Agreed, I live 15 min from Six Flags Over Texas and the dispatching is atrocious at my park. I enjoy the rides here, I really do, but I'm flying up for 3 days next weekend simply because I always have more fun at Cedar Fair parks, especially CP. I appreciate the little things, and watching dispatchers hauling to try and get people on and off is enough to make me fly on a plane so they can have my money.

SFOG and SFOT have very similar awful ops. I mean as a whole Six Flags is pretty bad while Cedar Fair is generally better (this is coming from someone who actually prefers Six Flags parks in many ways). All Cedar Fair parks have decent ops but Cedar Point has crazy ops that are far superior to the other parks in the chain. It really is nice to go to CP and not have to get frustrated by the operations constantly.

My only beef with Cedar Fair is that they often assign rows, they hold people outside the station and rows end up going out empty, they run three trains even when they are consistently double stacking, and some of the parks don't allow re-rides. In terms of the actually dispatching, they are amazing though!

My only beef with Cedar Fair is that they often assign rows, they hold people outside the station and rows end up going out empty, they run three trains even when they are consistently double stacking, and some of the parks don't allow re-rides. In terms of the actually dispatching, they are amazing though!

I agree that I absolutely hate this, but I've never once seen Cedar point do it on any ride. Parks like Carowinds on the other hand do is constantly.

I agree that I absolutely hate this, but I've never once seen Cedar point do it on any ride. Parks like Carowinds on the other hand do is constantly.

Yes this is very true, but Cedar Fair does one thing different also that I noticed. Remembering that I say I appreciate the little things. When I flew up early last year to visit and got in line for Rougamantis, or whatever people call it nowadays. They had a sign early in the queue stating that due to the long lines, assigned seating may happen. I appreciate at least knowing this before standing in a line for over an hour. Here back home, they'll do it for The Texas Giant randomly and we have NO WAY of knowing ahead of time because of the station location and where the queue is and they give no warning that it's coming...

Not going to lie, I find it amusing if not oddly pleasing too.

Haha good to see I'm not the only one!

I'm not sure if it has been asked yet, but do we know if the side entrance will be open this evening?

They should be but you won't be beating any crowds so just go in the main gate. The park has been open for Ohio State Day since 11am.

Just rode back row, far left and there was a slight rattle. Nothing horrible but definitely noticeable. Unfortunate for a brand new coaster. The first drop is awesome but I really wish it had the old restraints. You definitely don't float like on Sheikra.

Just rode back row, far left and there was a slight rattle. Nothing horrible but definitely noticeable. Unfortunate for a brand new coaster. The first drop is awesome but I really wish it had the old restraints. You definitely don't float like on Sheikra.

... and there it is. I need a drink.

... and when the subsequent "yeah but you haven't ridden it so how do you know it doesn't rattle" posts show up I'm prepared to drink even more

B&M rattle may be the stupidest thing to ever come from the enthusiast community.

There are tons of things to pick from but you may be right.

It's honestly miserable in here. It's a 3 hour wait for Valravn at this point. We skipped it all together. The line goes out the ride entrance, past blue streak, and across the midway. The parking lot was in over flow when we got here at 7:15. It sucks. I'm really disappointed lol