TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Left Field Question to you CP guys: What is the oldest coaster operating in the park, now?

Blue Streak. It opened in 1964 and shares a name with a similar coaster just a few hours away. The only differences between the two are that the other Blue Streak sucks and is in a park that also sucks, but like Cedar Point it has a hardcore fan-base that gets really mad when you say things like that so I do it for no reason just for fun even when it has nothing to do with the conversation.

While acknowledging that they are still working on the landscaping, I wish that they would plant some more trees. Looks like they had planted some shrubs on one of the last turns but shade would be awesome. Aside from that, I cannot wait to make the drive up there to try it out. Looks like an amazing coaster.

Yay....fireworks!

Those aren't actually fireworks. . . Tony was actually in the Dollywood thread, when he thought he was in the Cedar Point thread... He saw people talking about burning down the new coaster. . . So that's what Cedar Point is doing, burning down Valravn. That's where the smoke is coming from.

For anyone who was contemplating being productive at work today I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that it's Ohio State Day starting at 11am and Passholder Preview Day so that probably won't be happening.

I am curious why it took 20 minutes into the day and the Valravn line reaching the main midway for them to open the entire queue. They had to know that is where everyone was heading. It is not a big deal just seemed odd to me.

It's fun to watch some of these first day hiccups on the webcams. Can't fault anyone of course. Also the Gatekeeper, Raptor and Valravn crews are crushing it right now even though it's the first day. Gatekeeper especially is hitting awesome intervals.

^I saw a 75 second dispatch interval on Valravyn. Seriously impressive. One thing I do love about Cedar Point is their operations are usually on point compared to almost every other park.

... probably shouldn't watch cam 3 then. Dispatch something... anything

It's opening day though. Totally understandable.

^ Just clicked that and watched Maverick go over the first drop.

After watching the webcam it does seem like the train is being held for even close to 4 seconds. It's like a split second.

I noticed that as well... seems that within the past hour or so the holding brake really isn't doing a whole lot of "holding".

^I saw a 75 second dispatch interval on Valravyn. Seriously impressive. One thing I do love about Cedar Point is their operations are usually on point compared to almost every other park.

... probably shouldn't watch cam 3 then. Dispatch something... anything

It's opening day though. Totally understandable.

^ Just clicked that and watched Maverick go over the first drop.

The cams make the day go by so quickly. Valravn is averaging 90 second intervals, and the train is in view for about 30 seconds. I watch a few rounds and before I know it 30 minutes have flown by. It's sad that I am so excited that I am timing the ride but it really is making the time pass.

Checking out cam 3 now.