TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

That really looks amazing. I can't wait until my first visit this season. It's going to be so cool walking by that incredible looking structure on my way to Millennium Force first thing in the morning.

I have some pictures up from today Here!

Excellent shots!

One cool "feature" is the amount of sway the structure has at the top of the lift and MCBR. You feel it sway side to side while on it when you are at the holding brake and slow down on the mid course. Again, the ride is very smooth and I didn't notice any rattle personally. Front seat of course is best, but backseat has some fantastic pops of air on the drops. As far as the better side, so far of my five rides, always have been seated on the left. Hope to get a few right side seats to compare.

Valravn looks like another great addition - can't wait to ride it.

Although I think that we'll wait a couple of weeks and try to hit up the park in early June (during the week) in hopes to avoid large crowds. Looks like this weekend is going to be decent weather-wise other than a chance of PM storms on Saturday - I assume the park will be quite busy.

Another reason we are going to wait a few more weeks to go....

Capture.JPG.89c041b7170b4663d9bbf621745de51f.JPG

I don't want to miss this event!

At the park now... Valravn is fantastic. Extremely smooth as expected, the g-roll is a highlight for sure as Tony has claimed. The views are unreal from the two taller portions of the ride. I personally am not a huge fan of the restraints as they feel more restrictive on this type of coaster, for me at least (6'6" tall). I feel like I got more airtime on the drops on Sheikra with the classic OTSR's.

Loading is cool... There is a TV screen that displays interval for the crew and visual reference for which seats are locked and ready to go. No doubt that the crews will be flying on this ride!

The ride area is beautiful. It also looks like Raptor got some new lighting/strobes under the cobra roll.

I have some pictures up from today Here!

So what was the queue line secret and what the hell is that structure after the dive loop??!?!???!

Fastlane goes right to the station, like Fury/Banshee. No merge until that point.

Queue line secret sounds fun, but I can't say anything right now. Still under wraps. Sounds like an awesome concept, though.

Fastlane goes right to the station, like Fury/Banshee. No merge until that point.

Queue line secret sounds fun, but I can't say anything right now. Still under wraps. Sounds like an awesome concept, though.

You're killing me smalls!!! But I understand.

Seriously??? This is making FL plus an even better thing for the day at the park!!

I'm assuming the same goes for the building after the dive loop?

As of now the building after the dive loop is just a observation area for people to watch. They are still working on it, so maybe there will be more once complete.

Lots of LED lights in the queue area, but not used this morning (not ready?). I expected it will be real nice when done!

Most importantly DOES IT RATTLE?????

This is very important information. Enquiring minds need to know immediately.

But seriously, folks, I think the Dive Coaster is the best thing that B&M makes--and this one looks good.