TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'll be visiting in August and my family friend offered to buy me a Fast Lane pass. How do those work?

It's very simple. You get a wristband and that wristband lets you cut the line (most rides have designated lines for them, if not, it's up the exit). That's all there is to it.

And remember, you can't skip the lines on a few top attractions (I forget which ones they are this year) unless you have FastLane Plus. I'd assume Valravn is one of them.

Yeah Fastlane Plus is a must. Be warned, you still have to wait with Fastlane. Some parks in the chain (like Kings Dominion) basically let you on everything in 5 minutes but on rides like Magnum, Gatekeeper, Dragster and especially Millennium Force and Maverick expect to wait a bit. Generally about 15 -20 minutes. Maverick's line can actually be up to 45 with Fastlane but it still saves you a huge chunk of time.

^ Well, obviously ODA WAS THERE!

(Jokes aside, that's the Ohio Department of Agriculture and they are responsible for ride inspections prior to their opening for the season. They head up amusement park safety in the state)

Edited by Coasterguy21

Yes and yes, but everyone may have that idea this weekend. Just walk to the road from the parking lot and there's a walkway alongside Blue Streak.

We do it to beat the early entry crowds to Millennium Force sometimes.

Yes and yes, but everyone may have that idea this weekend. Just walk to the road from the parking lot and there's a walkway alongside Blue Streak.

We do it to beat the early entry crowds to Millennium Force sometimes.

I am curious to see how Valravn effects this... I'm sure most people will be at the front gate, but I think the cat may be out of the bag on the Marina Gate for early entry....

I've been burned by using the resort and marina gates before. The front gate had opened, and for some reason there was a delay in the opening of the gate I was at.

Im sure it doesn't happen on a regular basis, but it does happen from time to time.

I guess it would matter if they coral people inside the Marina gate until 9 which I'm guessing they don't just open the gate itself so I could see a long line forming vs the front gate which I'm assuming has a rope drop of some sort. Hmmm. Decisions.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Or as they say The Valravn.

Adding The to the front of coaster names really is one of my park pet peeves.

What about The Beast or The Voyage ? Rides that officially have "The" in the name.

What about The Beast or The Voyage ? Rides that officially have "The" in the name.

Then you would call them The The Beast, and The The Voyage.

Yes but those actually do have The in the name, not added to the front of the name just because.

Yes but those actually do have The in the name, not added to the front of the name just because.

Interesting. I guess some of us just worry about other things... like things that matter...

I do not know what to do, go to the front gate or Marina Gate for opening day, i know that the front gate will be packed but the Marina Gate will almost likely to be too, so I don't know which one to go to because the Marina Gate is closer but could also take longer...

^ Not sure if this would work or not, but you could always try going earlier, park at the Soak City lot and walk the path by Magnum down to the Windseeker entrance along the beach? I would imagine that this one would probably have the shortest wait because a lot of people don't even realize that it's there.