TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ that's too funny. But don't let that get out too much. Parks will start using them as an upcharge item.

Actually, that might be a rather cool souvenir for this place.

They can brand it all over the 'hat,' heh. Of course, with it's pull tie

closure around the neck.... lawsuit pending in the USA.

EDIT: Better with velcro straps.

Keep an eye on the webcam tonight, might get an idea for how Valravn will look with the lights on.

Keep an eye on the webcam tonight, might get an idea for how Valravn will look with the lights on.

Or like this?!?!

Like this...?

Screenshot_20160424-223228.thumb.png.43f327df6887505385849bf023a5b931.png

. . .But it is not the boat!

Maybe it's The Boat's off spring!!

Or possibly it is it's off Fall, or off Winter. But definitely not it's off Summer. Cause that wouldn't make any sense what so ever. Oooooooo! Perhaps it's Son of Boat! No, no, I need a better word for it. Hmmmmmmm... ...what one word could I use to describe something that is born from something else.

Meh, it doesn't exist.

. . .But it is not the boat!

Maybe it's The Boat's off spring!!

Or possibly it is it's off Fall, or off Winter. But definitely not it's off Summer. Cause that wouldn't make any sense what so ever. Oooooooo! Perhaps it's Son of Boat! No, no, I need a better word for it. Hmmmmmmm... ...what one word could I use to describe something that is born from something else.

Meh, it doesn't exist.

I'm going to CP on the 6th, going to the park on the 7th, and going home on the 8th. I'm also staying at Breakers. Does anybody have any tips? I also a have a question. Breakers is toward the back of the park, so do they let you in slightly early (like 5 minutes before 9 AM) to get up to the front? Thanks!

^ An hour before the park opens, I read. And probably not through the front gate. The hotel has it's

own entrance, I believe? That way, if you're staying there, you can "take an afternoon break"

if you want to, and not have to go all the way around to the hotel from the front gate.

Breakers are more mid point (ha ha). One of the gates to entry from there lets you in right by Gatekeeper which is pretty darn close. When I was there they had temporary gates stretching across the midway near Raptor .I'm thinking this is more of a holding area until rope drop for regular admissions. You could walk to the front gate if you pass through an attended opening of the temp gates. Upon returning to the main part of the park you must show your early entry pass again. We did that one morning when Raptor hadn't opened yet due to a delay of about 10 minutes and hadn't been to the front yet during a multiple days stay. Your best bet for park planning is to use the gate farther back and head first to Maverick at the very back of the park and work your way forward. You'll avoid a lot of waiting time for the biggies.

^ An hour before the park opens, I read. And probably not through the front gate. The hotel has it's

own entrance, I believe? That way, if you're staying there, you can "take an afternoon break"

if you want to, and not have to go all the way around to the hotel from the front gate.

Take the hotel entrance near breakers and the cabins (its right next to the stations). I only use that entrance, I don't even know what the front gate entrance looks like

Take the hotel entrance near breakers and the cabins (its right next to the stations). I only use that entrance, I don't even know what the front gate entrance looks like

Just picture heaven with a coaster flyimg by very few minutes.

Like this.

IMG9514811.thumb.jpg.2b78ab08605ef4799eaebf57267bb767.jpg

Breakers are more mid point (ha ha). One of the gates to entry from there lets you in right by Gatekeeper which is pretty darn close. When I was there they had temporary gates stretching across the midway near Raptor .I'm thinking this is more of a holding area until rope drop for regular admissions. You could walk to the front gate if you pass through an attended opening of the temp gates. Upon returning to the main part of the park you must show your early entry pass again. We did that one morning when Raptor hadn't opened yet due to a delay of about 10 minutes and hadn't been to the front yet during a multiple days stay. Your best bet for park planning is to use the gate farther back and head first to Maverick at the very back of the park and work your way forward. You'll avoid a lot of waiting time for the biggies.

I have to disagree with this only if someone has FL+ passes for the day, in that case I would.

Go to the gate by Gatekeeper, as soon as it opens head straight to Millennium and ride that till the park opens, than head to the back of the park. The reason for this is the lines come together at the bottom of the ramp for Millennium while the line on Maverick for FL+ is right in the station. Ride Millennium 5-7 times in the first hour and not worry about coming back to it till you see a line that is short.

I like the Breakers as it's more midway situated for easy access into the park. After the park closes you can still grab a meal or cocktail. They also have live entertainment and movies on the beach at the hotel after dark. Another plus is the huge fire pit area, fun for relaxing and conversing and it goes all night. Breakers are more full service with multiple pools & restaurant choices. I am glad I opted for the Breakers. Very immersive atmosphere.