TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

That video came out great! This will definitely be a cut above your average dive coaster. I'll be at Cedar Point May 6 for Ohio State Day, hoping to be one of the first to try this thing out!

On that note, my buddies and I couldn't get a flight home Saturday so we'll be leaving Sunday and getting tickets for Saturday's opening day...I know it'll be a s**t show but are there any tips you seasoned guys have? We'll be at Breakers and have spent a full day there the Friday before, so I will get to every must-do before then, I'm just looking for any semblance of a strategy to make Saturday less miserable than it could be lol

How busy will the park be on the 9th? I'm going to leave Memphis on the 7th, drive six hours to Lexington and stay the night, and then drive 6 hours the next day to Sandusky... Spend the 9th at the park.. And process in on the 10th. Super nervous about my first season working at Cedar Point!

How busy will the park be on the 9th? I'm going to leave Memphis on the 7th, drive six hours to Lexington and stay the night, and then drive 6 hours the next day to Sandusky... Spend the 9th at the park.. And process in on the 10th. Super nervous about my first season working at Cedar Point!

It'll be completely empty.

Lines will be non existant but don't expect to ride anything.https://www.cedarpoint.com/hours-directions/cedar-point

Lines will be non existant but don't expect to ride anything.https://www.cedarpoint.com/hours-directions/cedar-point

For some reason all I cared about was seeing if they did get any sort of air time on the camel back. I was happy to see them lift out of their seats. Gives me hope that it'll be a bit more forceful than I was initially expecting.

My boyfriend and I will definitely be there the 6th and 7th!

Do we think the 6th and 7th are going to be really crowded at the park?

The last time I went the day before opening, it was a great day with ridiculously manageable crowds. The day after was a nightmare though...it was the opening day for the year Gatekeeper opened. I'm guessing with Valravn being the big thing this year, the 7th will also be a zoo.

Going May 16th, the first Monday of the season!

So suddenly after the rest of the family heard me and my brother were going to Cedar Point, it now has turned into a family trip with me, my brother, my mom and dad, my uncle and aunt! Can you believe it?! I'm gonna make them ride coasters until they throw up!

I never thought this would happen so it's gonna be a lot of fun!

We are talking about staying at Breakers even though it's $200 a night and we're only visiting for 1 day, but will be staying 2 nights. We would be staying overnight on Sunday, going to the park on Monday, staying overnight on Monday, then stopping at the airport on the way back to get a flight for California!

Do they still do the "get into the park an hour earlier" on Mondays if you stay at Breakers? Because to me, that hands down makes it worth staying there. However with my many years of practical park knowledge I am assuming the park is going to be remarkably empty, seeing as how it's not opening weekend, and it's a Monday, and it's the first of the season.

Do you guys think it's still worth it to get in an hour earlier? Or will we be fine if we stay off the premises and get there at opening?

SO STOKED TO GET ON VALVERONONENOMENSOSKOSKIGLOP!!!!

^ Yes, they are still offering the early entry, to those staying at their accommodation.

I'm thinking of hitting CP next year, so I've been checking everything I can before I reserve,

later in the year. Yes, it's way far in advance. That's how I plan, when I can.

I haven't been there yet, so I have no idea if the hour early entry is worth it.

It isn't all the coasters available, that much I know. A few coasters and some flat rides.

It doesn't matter that it's only a few coasters because there's no way to get to more than few even in an hour. And it's some of the most popular rides that are open early anyways.

Yes, early entry is absolutely worth it. If budgets an issue, stay at Breakers Express (especially if you're not planning on checking back into your room mid-afternoon). It's a decent value with all the perks and is a great location for being offsite. I don't know why more people aren't all over that place unless you really need the convenience of going back to your room during the day.

It doesn't matter that it's only a few coasters because there's no way to get to more than few even in an hour. And it's some of the most popular rides that are open early anyways.

Yes, early entry is absolutely worth it. If budgets an issue, stay at Breakers Express (especially if you're not planning on checking back into your room mid-afternoon). It's a decent value with all the perks and is a great location for being offsite. I don't know why more people aren't all over that place unless you really need the convenience of going back to your room during the day.

Budget IMO is not an issue. And well...unfortunately my folks are a little bit older, so yes, they might like to go back to their room during the day. I would at least like them to be able to if they want to. Meanwhile, if they do, me and my brother will probably go run around the park and do what we want.

I am probably just going to accommodate them and make up the difference cost wise. I don't care, this is probably never going to happen again.

My moms biggest gripe is that there's "No breakfast?" included if you stay at Breakers. Is that true? I told her I'd go get her some bagels and make her coffee if it allows us a early entry hour into the park! lol. "Suck it up ma!"

Budget IMO is not an issue. And well...unfortunately my folks are a little bit older, so yes, they might like to go back to their room during the day. I would at least like them to be able to if they want to. Meanwhile, if they do, me and my brother will probably go run around the park and do what we want.

I am probably just going to accommodate them and make up the difference cost wise. I don't care, this is probably never going to happen again.

My moms biggest gripe is that there's "No breakfast?" included if you stay at Breakers. Is that true? I told her I'd go get her some bagels and make her coffee if it allows us a early entry hour into the park! lol. "Suck it up ma!"

No I don't believe that there's free breakfast at Breakers... however, there is a Starbucks and a Perkins inside the hotel