TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Super random Dragster question that I've always wondered....

When it has a rollback, how long does it usually take for them to try another launch? Is there an inspection process, or do they pretty much just wait for the tanks to recharge and go?

Super random Dragster question that I've always wondered....

When it has a rollback, how long does it usually take for them to try another launch? Is there an inspection process, or do they pretty much just wait for the tanks to recharge and go?

It takes about 5 minutes if no one wants to get off the ride after the rollback. Or about 10 minutes if someone was freaked out by the rollback, and wants off the ride.

There is no inspection process. They simple back up all the trains so that the train that was launched can be backed up to the brake run right before launch (The transfer track that slides sideways during transfer.) Once the train that was launched and rolled back has been backed up to the transfer block, an employee will go out and talk to the train. They usually ask everyone on the train if anyone would like to get off the ride. If no one says "Yes" then the employee returns to their position, the computer is reset and the train is rolled forward into the launch position and is launched again.

Does anyone know what the lines will be like on may on the wednesday the 18th, thursday the 19th in a month from now. We are expecting very low lines considering its a weekday and no schools should be off and the temperature is not 100% optimal for the "family going to cedar point" type trips. Am I correct to expect extremely low lines? I am talking under 20-30 minutes max during midday for TTD, Maverick, MF, etc.

I'll begin with the caveat that nobody really "knows" what the lines will be like on any specific day in the future, as we are not prescient here (at least as far as I am aware of! )

However, yes, your assumption should be pretty accurate regarding shorter lines during that week. I've been going to CP most of my life, and virtually every year for the past 20, and the first week or two that CP is open during the week, in May, is definitely the best time to go! Much shorter lines, and generally, the weather isn't too bad either. I'm actually going the Tuesday of that week (17th), and probably again Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday of the following week. 20-30 minutes for MF, TTD, and possibly even Maverick, are certainly reasonable, and perhaps even shorter times at non-peak times of the day. That being said, if you run into a 45 minute line for Maverick, even on those days, don't be completely shocked...

Enjoy your trip to The Point, and if you have any other trip-related questions, feel free to ask!

Starting to spray on the grass seed in the "infield" today.

Also, judging by Tony's Periscope this morning, it gives me the impression that B&M will be finished commissioning and releasing the coaster to the park today or tomorrow. I'm assuming the test was was testing a GoPro or remote camera for broadcasting a POV as Tony was discussing that yesterday.

Does anyone know what the lines will be like on may on the wednesday the 18th, thursday the 19th in a month from now. We are expecting very low lines considering its a weekday and no schools should be off and the temperature is not 100% optimal for the "family going to cedar point" type trips. Am I correct to expect extremely low lines? I am talking under 20-30 minutes max during midday for TTD, Maverick, MF, etc.

I'll begin with the caveat that nobody really "knows" what the lines will be like on any specific day in the future, as we are not prescient here (at least as far as I am aware of! )

However, yes, your assumption should be pretty accurate regarding shorter lines during that week. I've been going to CP most of my life, and virtually every year for the past 20, and the first week or two that CP is open during the week, in May, is definitely the best time to go! Much shorter lines, and generally, the weather isn't too bad either. I'm actually going the Tuesday of that week (17th), and probably again Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday of the following week. 20-30 minutes for MF, TTD, and possibly even Maverick, are certainly reasonable, and perhaps even shorter times at non-peak times of the day. That being said, if you run into a 45 minute line for Maverick, even on those days, don't be completely shocked...

Enjoy your trip to The Point, and if you have any other trip-related questions, feel free to ask!

I've been here 3 times before, during what I would call "peak times" and we still had fun. We ran a "front of the line pass cartel" where my friend was really lucky, we put a ton of money into those plinko games and we sold our excess tickets. We used all our remaining tickets during the last hour we had at the park and we rode maverick 6 times in a row when there was an hour and thirty minute line.

The first hour early opening is a godsend, we sprint to maverick and even during a VERY crowded day the lines are zero in the morning.

You can also have a lot of fun riding the "off" rides like mean streak and gemini over and over again finding the best seats.

GUYS!!!! GRASS SEEDS ARE GOING IN!!! I REPEAT, GRASS SEEDS ARE GOING IN!!!

We are now literally watching the grass grow.

At least you're not watching the paint dry.

Hey!!! That was some of the best paint I have ever watched dry... in my life!

I've been here 3 times before, during what I would call "peak times" and we still had fun. We ran a "front of the line pass cartel" where my friend was really lucky, we put a ton of money into those plinko games and we sold our excess tickets. We used all our remaining tickets during the last hour we had at the park and we rode maverick 6 times in a row when there was an hour and thirty minute line.

The first hour early opening is a godsend, we sprint to maverick and even during a VERY crowded day the lines are zero in the morning.

You can also have a lot of fun riding the "off" rides like mean streak and gemini over and over again finding the best seats.

Does anyone have experience with how physics days change the crowds? I'll be at the park Friday the 20th of May which is during physics week. I expect a spike in crowds from 11-5ish and then very light crowds? Any thoughts? Not too worried though because i'll be staying on property to get early entry... and it's a day at cedar point!

Does anyone have experience with how physics days change the crowds? I'll be at the park Friday the 20th of May which is during physics week. I expect a spike in crowds from 11-5ish and then very light crowds? Any thoughts? Not too worried though because i'll be staying on property to get early entry... and it's a day at cedar point!

I haven't experienced the physics days, but I doubt it would have much effect on the crowds. The average daily admission for cedar point is like 20k+ people, so even if like 5k students come (many of which might not like thrill rides, and 5k is probably overstating it), you will probably only see a MAXIMUM of like 5 to 10 minutes on most of the major rides. I am booked to go there during that time period and I doubt I will have any problems with the crowdedness.

Also, you are correct in that the schools will only really be there from 11 to 5. 9-11 is when I usually get all the rides in (early entry) and then during the night crowds die down too, and schools would unlikely still be there.

GUYS!!!! GRASS SEEDS ARE GOING IN!!! I REPEAT, GRASS SEEDS ARE GOING IN!!!

We are now literally watching the grass grow.

At least you're not watching the paint dry.

Hey!!! That was some of the best paint I have ever watched dry... in my life!

I don't know. Disney's Watchin' Paint Dry Over California is pretty exciting.

The last two years we have been there on physics day, even at peak times there the crowds were pretty light. But than again we had FL + so that is always an advantage. But once 4-4:30 hit the kids were gone and the next 3-4 hours the park was pretty empty.