TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I think the vest may detract from the holding brake element (just my speculation).

On a serious note, I think it will actually be nice. I think you'll have a better opportunity to get yours arms out and free. I always thought the old restraints kind of limited that. I always tried to get an end seat on Sheikra so I could at least have one arm free. Just my opinion on it, but I've never had any problems with any of B&M's restraints.

Never had any issue with any B&M sit down restraint, new or old.

I think that the reason they are using these restraints is because they are more comfortable. They are the next generation of restraints on B and M.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for once again adding so much to the conversation. We can always count on you...

Coasterbill, you're so consistent. Don't change. (like the restraints on B and M)

I just kind of wonder if during the holding brake, the vests might tighten up (ala Gatekeeper and Banshee) and put pressure on your shoulder blades, collarbone & chest for the rest of the ride?

While I didn't find the vest restraints uncomfortable at first, my collarbone was quite sore the next day after multiple re-rides during ERT on Banshee and was sore after just a couple of rides on Gatekeeper. I think that it's just the way I am built because others have said that it didn't bother their collarbone at all.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because I don't think that they are terrible...and I think that they were a great idea for Maverick versus the old restraints. Too many people complained of the head slamming and neck chopping with the old restraints and most people seem to find the new vest restraints as an improvement. I myself haven't ridden Maverick with the new vests, but that should change in a little over a month.

In summary, I agree with others that B&M should have used the same restraints on Valravn as Griffon and Sheikra. I have ridden both many, many times and never once did I bang my head or end up feeling sore anywhere on my body the next day from riding it.

Valravn will undoubtedly be awesome...I'm just not sure if I would be down for a marathon or excessive ERT on it with those vest restraints should they tighten up during the ride.

I just kind of wonder if during the holding brake, the vests might tighten up (ala Gatekeeper and Banshee) and put pressure on your shoulder blades, collarbone & chest for the rest of the ride?

While I didn't find the vest restraints uncomfortable at first, my collarbone was quite sore the next day after multiple re-rides during ERT on Banshee and was sore after just a couple of rides on Gatekeeper. I think that it's just the way I am built because others have said that it didn't bother their collarbone at all.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because I don't think that they are terrible...and I think that they were a great idea for Maverick versus the old restraints. Too many people complained of the head slamming and neck chopping with the old restraints and most people seem to find the new vest restraints as an improvement. I myself haven't ridden Maverick with the new vests, but that should change in a little over a month.

In summary, I agree with others that B&M should have used the same restraints on Valravn as Griffon and Sheikra. I have ridden both many, many times and never once did I bang my head or end up feeling sore anywhere on my body the next day from riding it.

Valravn will undoubtedly be awesome...I'm just not sure if I would be down for a marathon or excessive ERT on it with those vest restraints should they tighten up during the ride.

Wild Eagle restraints were actually very painful for me and by the end of the ride I was hurting pretty bad and having trouble breathing. They have eased off on the amount of pressure the restraints apply now but it is still discomforting. I didn't have much of a problem on Banshee though.

Why is it that the restraints need to squeeze the life out of the rider anyways?

^ I will say that the vests were better on Gatekeeper after the "modification".

But with my build, it was still somewhat uncomfortable when we hit the brake run...and my collarbone was still tender for a few days after riding. Same for Banshee, but I rode it about 15 times during Banshee Bash ERT, so I was expecting to feel a little sore after all of that riding!

Still waiting to get to DW and get my first ride on WE...they were building it during our last visit.

I can't wait until July when I get on this coaster. I've still never been to CW, and yet I'm more excited to head back to Cedar Point for the 50th time, than my first trip to Toronto.

That doesn't sound great to me! But, I hope you make it up to Canada's Wonderland as it's a great park with a decent collection of coasters and an amazing collection of flat rides! I'm proud to say it's my home park! You'll definitely have a wonderful time when you do visit!

I will admit that the harness on Valravn are the ONLY thing that I am dreading about this coaster. Both Banshee, and Gatekeeper's harnesses killed my collarbone. They made the both of the rides much less enjoyable than what I was expecting. To the point that I only rode both of them twice because I couldn't stand the harnesses. I am hoping that this will not be the case with Valravn.

Gatekeeper was much more enjoyable with the loose vests, but either way, when I'm staring a 90 degree, 200+ foot drop right in the face, the last thing I'll be worried about is something nitpicky about the harnesses.

While you are sitting on the brake run waiting to get to the station so the harnesses can release and you feel like your collarbone is being compressed in a clamp. . . you might be thinking about something as nitpicky as a harness. . .

I love the smothery new B&M vests, there's just nothing like the feeling of having your rib cage compressed like you're in the clutches of a giant octopus or maybe a boa constrictor. I like to pretend I'm Giles Cory at the Salem witch trials, getting crushed underneath a board piled with heavy stones. Isn't that the reason they invented roller coasters?

Cedar Point already disabled Garekeeper's vest restraint locks and Banshee's didn't even lock in the first place.

Then I guess I can say... I don't think B&M's new vest restraints are very tall person friendly.

Also, I'm starting to dread my rides on Valravn. . . Mainly because of collarbone pain.

I love the smothery new B&M vests, there's just nothing like the feeling of having your rib cage compressed like you're in the clutches of a giant octopus or maybe a boa constrictor. I like to pretend I'm Giles Cory at the Salem witch trials, getting crushed underneath a board piled with heavy stones. Isn't that the reason they invented roller coasters?

You do know that Mr. Corey said "More weight" and then immediately died, right? ',:/

Never had any issue with any B&M sit down restraint, new or old.

I think that the reason they are using these restraints is because they are more comfortable. They are the next generation of restraints on B and M.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for once again adding so much to the conversation. We can always count on you...

Coasterbill, you're so consistent. Don't change. (like the restraints on B and M)

I try my best.