TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Cool, I can put my knowledge of metal bands to use.

I'm gonna suggest any of the songs from the group "Týr"; not only are the Faroese (which though those islands are self governing they are part of the Danish Kingdom so they technically are Danish) but the lyrics are almost entirely about Norse mythology. If I have to suggest one song from them, though, it would probably be "Evening Star":

Some fun new stuffs...

[vine]https://vine.co/v/iT0aPxxZ6PI[/vine]

(Video From Tony's Vine Account.)

The trains look so good!!

Cf73z8tUkAIqkGM.jpg:large

From Cedar Point's Twitter.

Some off ride shots from Jason's Twitter.

Cf3o0IpWwAAoLfd.jpg

Cf3sTNcXEAEooBl.jpg

And there is this video:

I kind of agree with that statement though.

SheiKra and Griffon are smooth as glass, and those regular OTSR's aren't uncomfortable. These new restraints are not necessary on this coaster.

While you are going to feel the airtime, you aren't going to get the insane amount you would get with the original restraints. The best part of riding these dive coasters in the back row are the drops.

^I feel if it wasn't for the lateral hangtime moment after the Zerovg roll, Valravn wouldn't have had the vest restraints. In the same way I reckon Banshee wouldn't have had vest restraints if it wasn't for the inline twist, they're there to combat the laterals.

How long are people going to complain about B&M rides with no airtime?

It's been like 2 decades now. When it comes to any type of "airtime hills" they're over-designed barely floater elements.

Give it up!

Freedom by Rage Against the Machine is my vote for a track.

How long are people going to complain about B&M rides with no airtime?

It's been like 2 decades now. When it comes to any type of "airtime hills" they're over-designed barely floater elements.

Give it up!

Freedom by Rage Against the Machine is my vote for a track.

I'm not complaining. I don't care if a dive coaster has airtime.

Also Fury has ejector air everywhere.

^I feel if it wasn't for the lateral hangtime moment after the Zerovg roll, Valravn wouldn't have had the vest restraints. In the same way I reckon Banshee wouldn't have had vest restraints if it wasn't for the inline twist, they're there to combat the laterals.

Seeing as Banshee's laterals are essentially nonexistent compared to those on older B&Ms, this doesn't make much sense. Most manufacturers are moving to over-the-head lapbars and vest-style restraints, and B&M is no different.

Seeing as Banshee's laterals are essentially nonexistent compared to those on older B&Ms, this doesn't make much sense. Most manufacturers are moving to over-the-head lapbars and vest-style restraints, and B&M is no different.

I think the vest style restraints are just BETTER. They are more comfortable, more "free", and you don't have any problems with headbanging. I don't really see it having anything to do with the lateral elements. I think its just moving on from the more classic OTS that are pretty bad sometimes.

I don't think many people have serious "issues" w/ the new style B&M vest restraint but they don't seem to make much sense in a world where every other manufacturer is capable of making lapbar-only rides that invert.

Dive Machines are an exception, I don't think hanging on the lapbar would feel comfortable for everyone (though it would be wonderfully terrifying), but other than that I wish they'd just ditch the vest. An invert like Banshee might not necessarily need a restraint like an inverted GIB - you aren't hanging on it at any point.

Never had any issue with any B&M sit down restraint, new or old.

I think that the reason they are using these restraints is because they are more comfortable. They are the next generation of restraints on B and M.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for once again adding so much to the conversation. We can always count on you...