TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Check out the live cam.

Crane appears to be doing work on the holding brake, and there are people walking all along the top of the lift.

Not entirely sure but i think a train may be up there, if it is than it is probably just for the pull through.

Actually, it is not a brake. It is a chain. It is referred to as the "drop chain".

Pay attention at 1:14

Check out the live cam.

Crane appears to be doing work on the holding brake, and there are people walking all along the top of the lift.

Not entirely sure but i think a train may be up there, if it is than it is probably just for the pull through.

Actually, it is not a brake. It is a chain. It is referred to as the "drop chain".

Sorry, i find myself getting my terms from RCT too often

Check out the live cam.

Sorry, i find myself getting my terms from RCT too often

Don't fret. I've noticed that most enthusiasts refer to it as a holding brake, although most of us know its technically a chain

Lol oh god. I call it a holding brake too, who cares? That's what Rollercoaster Tycoon calls it and their names are always accurate.

PS: Power Tower is my favorite Woah Belly ride.

Edited by coasterbill

Lol oh god. I call it a holding brake too, who cares? That's what Rollercoaster Tycoom calls it and their names are always accurate.

PS: Power Tower is my favorite Woah Belly ride.

Hahahaha...the "Whoa Belly". Almost forgot about that. Those good ole' launched free falls.

If we're using RCT terms, then Valravn isn't a Dive Machine. It's a Vertical Roller Coaster.

Edited by Coasterguy21

Vertical Drop Coaster, I think ^

This is where my nerdiness and my time playing RCT as a kid shows. It's known as the Vertical Roller Coaster in RCT1 and the Vertical Drop Roller Coaster in RCT2.

RCT2 is also when they finally decided to change the name of Whoa Belly to what it actually is in real life .

Vertical Drop Coaster, I think ^

This is where my nerdiness and my time playing RCT as a kid shows. It's known as the Vertical Roller Coaster in RCT1 and the Vertical Drop Roller Coaster in RCT2.

RCT2 is also when they finally decided to change the name of Whoa Belly to what it actually is in real life .

Did they change it for the UK version? I have no memory of Whoa Belly when I played RCT1.

Now that this sports complex is being built what are your thoughts on them adding in some tram system and finally moving all parking off the point and onto the mainland? They are already making a new complex so why not add more parking and turn most of the peninsula into rides?

Are they close to running out of parking? I could be wrong but based on what I recall reading the limited parking is only a problem a few times a year (I've only visited the park in late May/early June so I have to speak from memory of what I've read, not actual experience). Until that becomes a bigger problem or they actually run out of space to build rides, I can't imagine Cedar Point considering spending the money to move the parking anywhere off the peninsula.

Now that this sports complex is being built what are your thoughts on them adding in some tram system and finally moving all parking off the point and onto the mainland? They are already making a new complex so why not add more parking and turn most of the peninsula into rides?

All I can think of is that this would totally defeat the purpose of Gakekeeper. The thing is only 3 years old for gods sake! I feel like if creating more parking off the peninsula was an idea that they wanted to move ahead with (with the intention of creating more space for rides) then I feel that they wouldn't have built gatekeeper when they did. Because if suddenly parking is moved on the mainland, Gatekeeper is pretty close to the middle of the peninsula, therefore it's redundant to have the entrance that far back - or at least that's how I see it

All I can think of is that this would totally defeat the purpose of Gakekeeper.

Is that really the only reason you think is a dumb idea? I can think of about 100 more reasons to go along with it. Including but not limited to the fact that they have plenty of room already and they don't have an unlimited budget to blow on enthusiast pipe dreams.

All I can think of is that this would totally defeat the purpose of Gakekeeper. The thing is only 3 years old for gods sake! I feel like if creating more parking off the peninsula was an idea that they wanted to move ahead with (with the intention of creating more space for rides) then I feel that they wouldn't have built gatekeeper when they did. Because if suddenly parking is moved on the mainland, Gatekeeper is pretty close to the middle of the peninsula, therefore it's redundant to have the entrance that far back - or at least that's how I see it

Even if 1/2 of the parking lot was pushed back, it would still be at the front of the park, and the name would still fit.

This park has been "out of room" since the 90's according to enthusiasts. Since then they've built the tallest coaster in the world, the world's tallest impulse coaster, the tallest coaster in the world again, a giant Frisbee, a huge S&S swing ride, a huge flume ride, one of the best coasters in the world with Maverick, the world's tallest, fastest and longest wing coaster, a giant Dinosaur park, 2 new flats on the Gemeni midway, a 300 foot tall swing ride, a huge Slingshot and the world's tallest dive coaster while basically removing nothing of value except maybe White Water Landing which was replaced with another water ride that happened to be a dud but that has nothing to do with this conversation.