TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I feel like had CP opted for a splash down on Valravn, we would have a large number of posts along the lines of "Oh look! A Dive Machine with a Splash down! How unique! " or "Really CP?! You couldn't leave out the splash down and be original?!". Some people just cant be pleased.

And that's why they should have strippers! Because that would be origional. Why no one has ever come to me for MY ride themeing ideas still boggles my mind. And trust me, I've got a million of them.

I feel like had CP opted for a splash down on Valravn, we would have a large number of posts along the lines of "Oh look! A Dive Machine with a Splash down! How unique! " or "Really CP?! You couldn't leave out the splash down and be original?!". Some people just cant be pleased.

And that's why they should have strippers! Because that would be origional. Why no one has ever come to me for MY ride themeing ideas still boggles my mind. And trust me, I've got a million of them.

You got a million ideas? Or a million strippers?

^Sorry, I should have been more clear. A million ideas. If I had a million Strippers, I would be using my hands for much better things than typing on my keyboard. Unless the words "typing" and "keyboard" were a euphemism. But in this case it's not. But if I had a million strippers, they would be.

There are 2 things in this picture that seem to be new. Any ides what they are?

1. What's that building being constructed next to the purple building on the left of the shot?

2. What are the tall, what looks like a mini stonehence near the base of the lift?

I also noticed a small structure going up just to the right of the marina entrance. Probably just a maintenance shed, but new none the less.

Screenshot_2016-03-31-17-14-24.thumb.png.3edd50778702ae1d6c9bf0a26589b543.png

^ Those stonehenge structures would be for the wall between the queue and path shown in the rides rendering

Correct, I can see it in this rendering,

COdriurUwAARnKo.jpg

The tall stone pillars for the fence supports can be seen at the base of the first drop so I'm assuming they're using the same stone work for the fence to be consistent with their theme as well.

That rendering does not show the stone pillars in question at the base of the lift. The stone pillars in the picture that I posted are in a full circle. The pillars in the rendering are in a half moon.

It's still in the same general area as a rendering, they just may have decided to make it a circle instead of half moon. It doesn't look like it enroaches into the general ride line. Perhaps its a seperate entry for Fast Pass or a feature spot for people to take photos at.

That rendering does not show the stone pillars in question at the base of the lift. The stone pillars in the picture that I posted are in a full circle. The pillars in the rendering are in a half moon.

It's still in the same general area as a rendering, they just may have decided to make it a circle instead of half moon. It doesn't look like it enroaches into the general ride line. Perhaps its a seperate entry for Fast Pass or a feature spot for people to take photos at.

I agree with thrillrider. Those do not look lie anything in the rendering or in the same place.

Beacuse everything in a rendering is actually going to happen. Maverick's rendering case and point.

I don't think anyone expects the rendering to be exactly what the final product looks like. But it still brings up the question as to what it could be.

I noticed an extra bush on the webcam that wasn't in the rendering....anyone know any information on this??

Also in the rendering Windseeker stays at the top of the tower the entire time and never comes down. That's entirely unrea...

Oh, right. Carry on.