TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

By the way, coastermania tickets are now on sale.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/events/things-to-do/events/CoasterMania

Get em while they last(only 1000 available).

Good luck finding a room in the area for under $100. Even the motel 6 was $135 per night. They released special rates for cp resorts, but nothing is available except for hotel breakers at over $200 per night.

Screenshot_2016-03-30-16-17-29.thumb.png.d2c46b3dc300a058634f1a69615391ba.png

Coaster mania itinerary

Good luck finding a room in the area for under $100. Even the motel 6 was $135 per night. They released special rates for cp resorts, but nothing is available except for hotel breakers at over $200 per night.

Which is why I booked mine a few months ago. And after staying at the Breakers last year, it is worth the extra money to stay there every time. The hotel is gorgeous, the remodel was done very well, and it is within walking distance of the park. Money well spent!

And in case y'all have forgotten, it is impossible for them to put a splash down in because the land the ride sits on is complete sand. It simply wouldn't work.

Its called concrete. . .

If Cedar Point wanted a splash down they could make it work.

Maybe what they are working on is a tunnel?!

Or glass shields next to the ride. Is this the case for the entire peninsula? Because if not, I don't understand how the park can have rides like Shoot the Rapids and yet cannot have a splashdown. Maybe I'm just stupidl. That is a very real possibility.

Shoot the Rapids was also a decent distance from any sort of midway.

Which is why I booked mine a few months ago. And after staying at the Breakers last year, it is worth the extra money to stay there every time. The hotel is gorgeous, the remodel was done very well, and it is within walking distance of the park. Money well spent!

While I would normally agree with you, this time around we are on a budget and just need a place to lay our head at night. We have no plans of leaving the park during the event, and don't mind driving 5 min down the road to save $150 per night.

Hotel breakers is very nice, and we usually spend every opening day there.

And in case y'all have forgotten, it is impossible for them to put a splash down in because the land the ride sits on is complete sand. It simply wouldn't work.

Its called concrete. . .

If Cedar Point wanted a splash down they could make it work.

Maybe what they are working on is a tunnel?!

Or glass shields next to the ride. Is this the case for the entire peninsula? Because if not, I don't understand how the park can have rides like Shoot the Rapids and yet cannot have a splashdown. Maybe I'm just stupidl. That is a very real possibility.

Shoot the Rapids was also a decent distance from any sort of midway.

Sheikras splash down is right on the midway.

163360496_f734c52dfc_m.jpg.8470f26d2d503254099ec5714fe6b862.jpg

By the way, coastermania tickets are now on sale.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/events/things-to-do/events/CoasterMania

Get em while they last(only 1000 available).

Than you so much for posting this! I just bought my ticket! I've had the hotel booked for months; this ticket was literally the last piece of the puzzle. All set for Valravn now!

And it looks like there is only 2 rows still on that train so it must just be another pull through...

After looking at the photo closer... You do seem to be right. It does have just the two rows, which leads me to think that it is just another pull through like you said. Sad day.

But at least we are closer to the coaster opening!

While I would normally agree with you, this time around we are on a budget and just need a place to lay our head at night. We have no plans of leaving the park during the event, and don't mind driving 5 min down the road to save $150 per night.

Hotel breakers is very nice, and we usually spend every opening day there.

The KOA has those cabins for 35 a night. At least it was last summer. You have to bring your own pillows and sleeping bags, but we saved a ton on a quick trip out there.

I feel like had CP opted for a splash down on Valravn, we would have a large number of posts along the lines of "Oh look! A Dive Machine with a Splash down! How unique! " or "Really CP?! You couldn't leave out the splash down and be original?!". Some people just cant be pleased.

I feel like had CP opted for a splash down on Valravn, we would have a large number of posts along the lines of "Oh look! A Dive Machine with a Splash down! How unique! " or "Really CP?! You couldn't leave out the splash down and be original?!". Some people just cant be pleased.