TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Remember a few years ago when everyone was bitching that cedar fair needed to be more creative with ride names? Well, now they "are" being more creative and people are still complaining.

They can't win either way. If they named it flight deck, people would complain. ....if they name it Valravn , people complain.

I'm just looking forward to riding it someday. I like B&M Dive Coasters.

Does the name really matter that much?

Also, let's not forget that this is a milestone coaster for B&M. This is their 100th coaster.

I am a theme park and coaster enthusiast. I go for the rides, (and food). I don't care what they name it.

It amazes me that people complain over something so unimportant such as a name of a freaking roller coaster.

The complaints about Dollywood not having Lightening Rod open is pretty stupid as well. Parks are not going to open a ride until they are 100% ready for that ride to open. If that means a week, a month, etc. big deal. It will be there for years to come.

Parks do not owe explanations, or reasons why. They don't have to have construction blogs, webcams, or podcasts.

You are presented with the facts... Now, I am paraphrasing the following, but what I get from each park is...

Cedar Point: Dive machine named Valravn. Largest and tallest of its kind with 3 inversions, and includes a splashdown and monorail between the second and third inversion.

Dollywood: Lightening Rod launched wooden coaster with a bee hive on top of the lift hill will be undergoing extended commissioning.

Just enjoy the rides for what they are and provide when they are ready for guests.

we need to find something to complain about.

This is so random but since we're b*tching...

How come the Boardwalk Fries stand doesn't have the same sh*t-ton of seasonings that Kings Island and Kings Dominion have available? When we went to Kings Dominion last weekend I was like a kid in a candy store. You get nothing at Cedar Point, it's crap. They had a cajun seasoning, a garlic seasoning, Old Bay, vinegar... it was nuts. Get it together Cedar Point.

Wow I sound like an enthusiast now, lol.

I never get the Boardwalk Fries at CP, but normally go to the stand across from Gemini and get the fries with cheese (so good). I wanted to think that they had ketchup, vinegar, salt and pepper for the plain fries.

I have to admit that if they had garlic seasoning to put on top of the cheese fries (and maybe even a bottle of Sriracha), they might just be the best theme park fries ever.

So yeah, now that I think about it....get it together, Cedar Point. We want more seasonings and spices for our fries up in here!

^ I thought that Kennywood Potato Patch fries were good, but not much different or better than the ones that I had at at Happy Friar.

I admit that they do have more topping options at PP, which was nice. It would be nice to see Happy Friar offer those types of choices to go with your order.

Does the name really matter that much?

Also, let's not forget that this is a milestone coaster for B&M. This is their 100th coaster.

I am a theme park and coaster enthusiast. I go for the rides, (and food). I don't care what they name it.

It amazes me that people complain over something so unimportant such as a name of a freaking roller coaster.

The complaints about Dollywood not having Lightening Rod open is pretty stupid as well. Parks are not going to open a ride until they are 100% ready for that ride to open. If that means a week, a month, etc. big deal. It will be there for years to come.

Parks do not owe explanations, or reasons why. They don't have to have construction blogs, webcams, or podcasts.

You are presented with the facts... Now, I am paraphrasing the following, but what I get from each park is...

Cedar Point: Dive machine named Valravn. Largest and tallest of its kind with 3 inversions, and includes a splashdown and monorail between the second and third inversion.

Dollywood: Lightening Rod launched wooden coaster with a bee hive on top of the lift hill will be undergoing extended commissioning.

Just enjoy the rides for what they are and provide when they are ready for guests.

perfectly said.

I personally like the name Valravn. Its unique. Its different.

But really though... You said it perfectly. Let's just enjoy the rides for what they are... whenever they are ready for guest!

Also, for anyone who is curious, here is some new Valravn photos:

Source.

Are you talking about the gates over the track? That is to prevent people from getting to close to the edge of the ride platform and falling. Its a safety precaution. They have them on several B&M coasters.

EDIT: ^ Beat me to it

^If you mean the swinging gate, it's there as a safeguard to keep guests boarding the front row from falling onto the track in front of the train since the trains are floorless and have no zero car in front of them.

Just like Rougarou! Thank you very much!

Nice pic's! I know this may sound stupid, but are they going to put a roof on the storage shed? I mean they have the support beams for one..........but a roof hasn't been placed yet.
If you look on the webcam it looks like the roof has been installed already. Tony and Intern Jordan probably hold on to the photos for a couple of days until they release them. Example: where the photo is with the rocks around the supports on the midway there is dirt around them. Now it looks to be concrete.

Just curious, does anyone know why there are an two level scaffolding set up near the second immelmann loop? (Bottom right on the webcam). It seems to imply some work that needs to be done near or on the track for an extended period of time (rather than a 2-3 day job). At first I thought maybe it would be for sensor placement on the track but they wouldn't need scaffolding for that kind of work right?

Just curious, does anyone know why there are an two level scaffolding set up near the second immelmann loop? (Bottom right on the webcam). It seems to imply some work that needs to be done near or on the track for an extended period of time (rather than a 2-3 day job). At first I thought maybe it would be for sensor placement on the track but they wouldn't need scaffolding for that kind of work right?

That, according to CP is where the splashdown and monorail will be located.

I don't get it.

I don't get it.

Word leaked a few days back that the surprise element on Valravn was in fact not going to be strippers, but a splashdown, and a head chopper with the new monorail that CP is putting in. Would I rather have had strippers, yes. But I think the combined splashdown/monorail will be exciting as well. I personally can't wait.