TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Cool concept, but I agree with others that they probably wouldn't shoe-horn a coaster into this area. I'd rather that they fix Mean Streak (RMC -cough) and add a better, more reliable family water/flume ride themed in the vacant STR area.

Something like Daredevil Falls at DW...or heck, even an attraction like River Battle - I had a ton of fun on that thing!

Cool concept, but I agree with others that they probably wouldn't shoe-horn a coaster into this area. I'd rather that they fix Mean Streak (RMC -cough) and add a better, more reliable family water/flume ride themed in the vacant STR area.

Something like Daredevil Falls at DW...or heck, even an attraction like River Battle - I had a ton of fun on that thing!

How about just a basic old school log flume?

I was under the impression that Renegade was running like hell based on trip reports. I hate to go on enthusiast reviews since enthusiasts are convinced Gatekeeper and Mystery Mine are rough but since I haven't ridden it that's unfortunately all I have to go on.

I was under the impression that Renegade was running like hell based on trip reports. I hate to go on enthusiast reviews since enthusiasts are convinced Gatekeeper and Mystery Mine are rough but since I haven't ridden it that's unfortunately all I have to go on.

Haven't ridden prowler but Renegade was running smoother in 2014 than Thunderhead was at Dollywood last year.

I realize this may be an unfair comparison since it's two different companies but my point still stands that Renegade is smooth... (and actually a pretty damn good ride)

Renegade is running beautifully. I can marathon ride it comfortably.

Either those reviews are from bad days, or they are from cranky enthusiasts who feel that everything is rough.

I have never had a problem with it. Although, I have only had a couple rides on it in the last two seasons (Only going to Valleyfair to process my Cedar Fair pass).

I only got one ride on Prowler but it was amazing. Better than any I've had on Renegade, through the pitch dark night, to end an epic amusement park trip. Again, no problems with roughness. GCI still isn't atop my wishlist for Cedar Point, but I have the utmost confidence in Cedar Fair.

Agreed. Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel. Just keep it simple.

I feel like old school flume are going the way of the Dodo. When was the last time a band new flume was put into a major park? And if they do put one it is can almost be 100% positive it will have some type of restraint on it. Sorry for being so negative, just basing all this on what I see in the industry.

^I agree with this. Just a high quality well put together log flume with a little scenery. Log flumes are always popular.