TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I hate Cedar Fair's cartoony maps...

Agree. The current Cedar Point map is over-styled, and the clutter makes it quite difficult to follow. I prefer the park map from the late 80's/early 90's. It was easier on the eyes.

[attachment=0]cpmap.jpg[/attachment]

I love the maps from the 90's! I have a few of these hidden somewhere. If I had to choose between the current style, or the old style, I would definitely go with the old.

I like the Cedar Fair maps because they're very nostalgic to me. They've looked exactly the same ever since I was a kid going to Dorney Park around when Steel Force was built and I first fell in love with coasters. I don't really get the complaints regarding navigation at least when it comes to Cedar Point... I pretty much had the layout of the place committed to memory within my first two hours at the park. The whole thing is just a giant loop.

I did not imagine that my comment would spark pages of debate. I am glad I am not the only one that dislikes their map. I think given that they have so many attractions and it is a map of all their hotel, and the water park they should do a better job of trying to declutter the map to make it look more user friendly and less like of a slew of caricatures of what their rides look like stacked on top of each other.

On a side note: I've noticed that Shoot the Rapids is gone but the space looks like a large green patch on the map. I wonder if that will be the spot of their next expansion considering it is the only piece of green space on the map.

I like the Cedar Fair maps because they're very nostalgic to me. They've looked exactly the same ever since I was a kid going to Dorney Park around when Steel Force was built and I first fell in love with coasters. I don't really get the complaints regarding navigation at least when it comes to Cedar Point... I pretty much had the layout of the place committed to memory within my first two hours at the park. The whole thing is just a giant loop.

I agree with this statement.

Dorney Park and Knoebels were the only parks I regularly went to in my early days, with Dorney Park being my main homepark. Hershey is only 10 minutes farther, but for some reason my first time there was 2014. I was an enthusiast from the start, and I took maps for the sake of having maps. However, none of them went more than a week without going missing. Out of all of my visits, the Cedar Fair map design stuck with me.

Hershey is only 10 minutes farther,

Speaking of crappy maps! FFS Hershey's is the worst ever.

when it comes to Cedar Point... I pretty much had the layout of the place committed to memory within my first two hours at the park. The whole thing is just a giant loop.

This though. CP is really easy to navigate. It doesn't hurt that you can see Dragster, MF, Windseeker and Power Tower from anywhere in the park. Once you go around once, I don't know how anyone could get lost.

It looks like they turned Ripcord a bit now that SkyScraper is gone? It used to be angled to dive towards the water park and now it looks like it is going towards Magnum...but it could just be the way the map was drawn, I suppose.

No, it's definitely not turned that way just to make the map look better, this is a completely accurate representation of how the park looks. I saw them turning the ride on webcams today. It was cool, they just lifted it up with a crane and then angled it slightly and bolted it into place at a slightly different angle. It was a wonderful use of time and money and they're projecting the slightly different angle to boost ridership by approximately 700% next season (according to inside sources).

I guess this is what I get for geeking out!

they finally updated the map on Google Earth, at least now you can see all changes made to the park

Is it sad that I find this exciting? Cedar Point was the last Cedar Fair park (heck, one of the last in the US if I'm not mistaken) that didn't have any imagery later than 2012, so it's great to finally be able to see GateKeeper and the other changes in the park this way.

they finally updated the map on Google Earth, at least now you can see all changes made to the park

Is it sad that I find this exciting? Cedar Point was the last Cedar Fair park (heck, one of the last in the US if I'm not mistaken) that didn't have any imagery later than 2012, so it's great to finally be able to see GateKeeper and the other changes in the park this way.

It depends, for me that I not have a chance to go to America when I want, it is interesting l'update google maps XD

Im beyond excited that they finally updated CP on google maps!!!! It was cool seeing the Valravn track there, hell they even had Carowinds updated to where you could see Fury looking all sexy.

Now excuse me while I go stare at Gatekeeper on google maps and look for the boat.

Ever since the announcement of Shoot the Rapids leaving, I've been thinking about a realistic option that could take its place. As a result, I created Badlands, a GCI wooden coaster that would span the past area of Shoot the Rapids. Here's a video:

Wow, well done!! Thanks for sharing! A beautiful concept!!

Ever since the announcement of Shoot the Rapids leaving, I've been thinking about a realistic option that could take its place. As a result, I created Badlands, a GCI wooden coaster that would span the past area of Shoot the Rapids. Here's a video:

I'll add to the chorus of voices saying this is fantastic. Basically perfect, from the pop of air in the tunnel to the run of bunny hops at the end (saving the best one for last). Too bad it will never happen in a million years IMO. Cedar Point isn't going to build a wooden coaster any time soon, if ever. But this is why we need people like you and No Limits to help out our imaginations when reality falls short.