TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Your list does not contain Sky Ride. Correct that immediately!

What a mind blowing ride it is.

The list corrected accordingly - I'm in your debt, good sir...

+1 Sky Ride and two thumbs up from me for Sky Hawk. It was an absolute surprise to me how fun and scary that ride was. We rode it at least 4 or 5 times during our 2 days there last year.

---------------

Valravn track work complete, huzzah! Now that it's together I'm really liking the looks of the second half.

Last support has been lifted. . .

I thought the same thing when I first looked at it, then I realized they still have 2 more supports to install.

No supports there. The track's directly attached to the footer.

^Actually it's likely that the track will be bolted straight to the footers there since it's so low to the ground already.

The track will directly attach to the footers at that spot (like at the bottom of the drop)

Not sure if anyone knows this yet but actually the track will connect directly to the footers so there aren't any more supports that need to go up.

Turns out there was one support that was left to be installed, because only one of the two footers that was being discussed actually attached directly to the track. The other one had a very small support that was installed.

Just saying.

valr.png.312397095447954ffb63f45181342552.png

Come on now, this is important. Maybe not "attending the family reunion or else your mother will never let you hear the end of it; after all, they're all getting on now, and she may never get a chance to see any of them again" level of importance. But definitely a "Kanye just called someone out on Twitter" level of importance.

Come on now, this is important. Maybe not "attending the family reunion or else your mother will never let you hear the end of it; after all, they're all getting on now, and she may never get a chance to see any of them again" level of importance. But definitely a "Kanye just called someone out on Twitter" level of importance.

No, More along the lines of "just pointing things out."

I feel this needs posted again, since your "pointing things out" seems a lot like "I feel the need to tell everyone I was right".....

Oh, and also.....

Valravn, on a much better topic, looks fantastic! The construction crew really did a great job placing track at such a brisk pace over the last week or so!! It really feels like it is a perfect fit for that spot. The layout is very intriguing to me as well, as it has a much different look to it than the other dive coaster I rode (and LOVED) in Griffon. Can't wait to ride it!!

Is it weird that I'm a little more excited to see the landscaping and midway and queue to come to life over the next few weeks.

Nope, I'm excited for this as well. I'm also excited to see the station, and such come together.

All Right, the track work has been put into place, now all that's left to do is to put the train on the track, do lots of testing and run-throughs, then I'll just wait until I get the perfect summer weekend to go up there and ride inside America's Roller Coast!

"I don't know if I could handle all this excitement. Last time I felt this much excitement McDonalds added more McNuggets to its menu."