TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

"Omg, look at this Larson Looper I'm gonna get!"

"Why would you get that? Aren't they everywhere?"

"But it is SO cheap and is a thrilling ride! Everyone talks about thrill rides these days."

"Maybe I should get one too?!"

"I'm already asking daddy if I can get one."

"At least it's something for the season."

"I already ordered one online!"

"We are going to be the best parks at the Golden Tickets this year!"

Just to clarify, 'daddy' is corporate office.

Do you hear yourself when you talk?

You missed the joke...

Yeah... No I didn't

Some quick thoughts on the Raptor issue: This is an example where our sue-happy society actually makes us LESS safe. Cedar Point should put signs on the fence that say something along the lines of DANGER: HIGH SPEED TRAINS with a picture of the clearance between the ground and the train so at least if someone does hop the fence, they know to look around before crossing under the track. Current signage says it's a restricted area but doesn't explicitly state the danger (like a "warning: high voltage" sign does). I'm not saying this should be necessary, but it might help and would cost virtually nothing to implement. The only reason CP isn't doing this is because it would be an admition of liability and open them up to getting sued. Which is really dumb.

Unknown.jpeg.b2100746a83bbb238f1d233f0b2d9fa5.jpeg

Instead of any alterations, lets make it mandatory for an IQ test be taken prior to enterinf the park. Low scores cannot enter.

That problem, line jumpers, etc. eliminated. Keep the idiots out. Reasonable solution as no relatively smart should ever enter restricted areas. No one sits in the middle of the highway thinking it's okay or a reasonable idea...

Instead of any alterations, lets make it mandatory for an IQ test be taken prior to enterinf the park. Low scores cannot enter.

That problem, line jumpers, etc. eliminated. Keep the idiots out. Reasonable solution as no relatively smart should ever enter restricted areas. No one sits in the middle of the highway thinking it's okay or a reasonable idea...

Sad thing is, if they did this they would be losing about 75% of their business... just sayin

SFMM would be nearly empty!

More YOLO/TC time for the rest of us.

More YOLO/TC time for the rest of us.

Except neither of those rides would be running because none of the ride-ops would pass the IQ test either.

First of all, I would never, EVER hop a fence to risk my life for a phone or anything that fell out of my pocket during a ride. That alone makes Darwin examples out of folks that hop fences, think they're invincible, and get killed/injured doing this crap.

Second of all, if I was ever so stupid to hop a fence to get in a restricted area where my phone flew off during the ride (even though the phone was probably destroyed upon all recognition and operation anyway), at the very LEAST, I would be smart enough to know the course, watch the train go by, THEN know I have about a 30 second gap to go searching for my phone, then finding a safe spot away from the path of the ride. The problem is the very little knowledge all of the GP and most everyone has about coasters (which is remarkable to me, because really it's all so simple and logical).

It's the same situation with the asshat at the Six Flags Batman ride who got decapitated to go get his hat! ARE YOU REALLY THAT DUMB? With 2 train operation, you had a 60 second gap to get your stuff, were you really that stupid to not time out your approach between trains? Or hear the roaring inverted B&M train going through the course?

It's not like these B&M inverts are SILENT!! They're loud as all hell breaking loose continually throughout the circuit!

These dumbasses have absolutely no perspective on reality or are on drugs or something to be this brain dead. Hopping a fence to get into a restricted area where roller coasters are running has no defense against a park that has been doing this stuff for years.

It's not like these B&M inverts are SILENT!! They're loud as all hell breaking loose continually throughout the circuit!

My partner said the same thing the first time I told him about the Raptor "accident." He said "How could they not hear the train coming, and get out of the way??"

I guess when you are in the low zone of a coaster, the sound of the coaster roaring right above your head just isn't nearly as important as trying to find your phone.

Some quick thoughts on the Raptor issue: This is an example where our sue-happy society actually makes us LESS safe. Cedar Point should put signs on the fence that say something along the lines of DANGER: HIGH SPEED TRAINS with a picture of the corpse of the guy retrieving his cellphone so at least if someone does hop the fence, they know to arrange for pallbearers before crossing under the track.

^ fixed

Some quick thoughts on the Raptor issue: This is an example where our sue-happy society actually makes us LESS safe. Cedar Point should put signs on the fence that say something along the lines of DANGER: HIGH SPEED TRAINS with a picture of the corpse of the guy retrieving his cellphone so at least if someone does hop the fence, they know to arrange for pallbearers before crossing under the track.

^ fixed

x100

No supports there. The track's directly attached to the footer.

^Actually it's likely that the track will be bolted straight to the footers there since it's so low to the ground already.

The track will directly attach to the footers at that spot (like at the bottom of the drop)

Not sure if anyone knows this yet but actually the track will connect directly to the footers so there aren't any more supports that need to go up.

Wow, I feel like I am the only person who over looked the track being connected straight to the footers there!

Welp, we learn something new every day!