TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I have heard all ten of these things before. Always like seeing countdown lists like this especially when the facts are correct and not just random BS a GP member put together

-New pre-opening backstage tour of Valravn

I'm not seeing anyone talk about this. Cedar Point seems to be following in the footsteps of BGW's Griffon backstage tour by offering their own, and that's a VERY cool thing, considering you'll get to climb to the top of Valravn's lift hill! That opens up a whole new opportunity for amazing views and photos! This might be one of the most exciting announcements for this season!

I'm not seeing anyone talk about this. Cedar Point seems to be following in the footsteps of BGW's Griffon backstage tour by offering their own, and that's a VERY cool thing, considering you'll get to climb to the top of Valravn's lift hill! That opens up a whole new opportunity for amazing views and photos! This might be one of the most exciting announcements for this season!

I must have missed out on the details of this. All I have seen mentioned about it is:

"-New pre-opening backstage tour of Valravn"

Which really doesn't provide many details about it. So that's probably why no one is talking about it.

I must have missed out on the details of this. All I have seen mentioned about it is:

"-New pre-opening backstage tour of Valravn"

Which really doesn't provide many details about it. So that's probably why no one is talking about it.

It's along the the lines (though smaller) than the BGW tour. The only confirmed parts are:

-YES! You will be able to stand on the top of Valravn's lift and take pictures

-You will be able to see the full start up procedures including transferring trains on & safety checks for Valravn

^ Do we know if it will be an upcharge that anyone can book, or will it be one of the things that you must be a member of a club to get to do?

Actually I don't remember, I'm pretty sure it's something anybody can buy but I can't remember for sure.

This may be coming off as random, but does anyone else think that Millenium Force is overrated? I mean, it's not that it's a terrible ride, but after the first drop it kinda falls flat, it's just speed from that point on.

My troll alert is sounding.

I don't think it needs to be a troll, it can be a troll but obviously there can be people who dislike coasters that lots of people like,

and that doesn't make them wrong in any sense.

I've heard rumors that the tour will actually be very interactive. After guests watch them transfer trains on not only will everyone get to climb the lift, but one lucky guest will be able to carry the "Closed Due to High Winds" sign to the front of the queue and deliver the bad news to everyone queued up waiting for the ride to open.

This may be coming off as random, but does anyone else think that Millenium Force is overrated? I mean, it's not that it's a terrible ride, but after the first drop it kinda falls flat, it's just speed from that point on.

You're not alone. You're definitely not alone.

I've heard rumors that the tour will actually be very interactive. After guests watch them transfer trains on not only will everyone get to climb the lift, but one lucky guest will be able to carry the "Closed Due to High Winds" sign to the front of the queue and deliver the bad news to everyone queued up waiting for the ride to open.

Please don't post links from this site. It's a click-bait spammy website with most of their content coming from sources that aren't even their own. Thank you.

A quick recap of today's presentation:

-Shoot the Rapids is officially confirmed to be removed and scrapped (will not be relocated)

-Go-Karts and Skyscraper are also being removed. Ripcord is staying, but it's unclear if it'll be relocated from its current spot.

-Chick-Fil-A is being replaced with Frontier Inn, serving chicken tenders, salads, etc.

-Hurricane Hannah's is being replaced with a Coca-Cola Station

-New Ride Warriors Club that "will provide exclusive experiences thought the season" Membership is $120 and is limited to 1000 members

-Coasting for Kids will not return at Cedar Fair parks. Instead, each park will find and support local charities. CP will be hosting a Give Kids the World "reunion" at the park.

And here's an article that covers some of this:

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/31273047/cedar-point-unveils-park-enhancements-changes-at-winter-chill-out-benefit?sf21268949=1

The Sunrise Thrills Tour

For the first time in Cedar Point history, guests will have the opportunity to see what goes into “waking up” the park’s roller coasters. More importantly, the highlighted attraction is the new Valravn dive coaster, where guests can learn more about ride safety, technical operations, start-up procedures and the ride’s unique passenger vehicles. The highlight of the tour will be a climb to the top of Valravn’s 223-foot-tall hill for a breathtaking, panoramic view of Cedar Point (and some once-in-a-lifetime selfies).

This has quickly become a "MUST DO" for our trip this summer. This sounds like an awesome experience, and something that my partner would love. Not to mention the views from the top of Valravn will be AMAZING!!

This is Cedar Point's ploy to knock out some guests who want to ride Valravn. After climbing that lift, they will be too sore to do anything for the rest of the day!

This makes me very jealous of whoever does this. I'm pretty sure the ops won't spare the tourists from their usual morning antics.

Very, very excited about these announcements.

Good riddance to StR, rode the ride a couple of times and it's a waste of space. I'm hoping they add something to that area that actually compliments it. (Hoping it isn't a relocation of Ripcord...)

I'm also very excited about the backstage tour of Valravn. I'm going to have to do this as least once this season considering the photos you'll get will be spectacular.

Kudos to Cedar Point once again.

I know it sounds a little ridiculous, but I REALLY feel like a Polorcoaster could fit quite well there... We lost our observation table when they put in gatekeeper, and it would be a great addition a park that basically has every other type of ride already!

A man can dream right?!

I know it sounds a little ridiculous, but I REALLY feel like a Polorcoaster could fit quite well there... We lost our observation table when they put in gatekeeper, and it would be a great addition a park that basically has every other type of ride already!

A man can dream right?!

Not going to lie, I had actually mentioned this to my partner last night. We were talking about the STR removal, and what would be a good replacement for it. The first thing that came to mind was a Polorcoaster. The footprint is small enough it might just fit in the old STR location, and they could build one tall enough to reclaim the "Worlds tallest roller coaster" record.

Not saying that Cedar Point is going to build one, but I could see one fitting in well in the old STR location, as well as being a good fit for the park.

Yup. In fact I've had multiple rides, sat in the very back seat, and kept waiting for airtime that never came. Just high speeds with elements that seemed to meander through the course. Such a shame considering the size, popularity, and beautifull iconic design.

Hopefully Valverononomonemen will provide some ample airtime! Its looking good so far!