TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I hope that if Ripcord does end up in Shoot the Rapids' spot that it's more of a temporary fix. It might have said earlier but the Fromtier Trail is actually one of the nicer, most cohesive midways if any major amusement park in the same style as Cedar Point. A 100+ foot tall arch smack in the middle that has to remove more than a few trees (and otherwise I wouldn't care about trees in an amusement park, but they're actually really nice here) wouldn't look so "Best Amusemenr Park in the World" to me.

Anyways, thanks for the updates and pictures, guys!

I hope that if Ripcord does end up in Shoot the Rapids' spot that it's more of a temporary fix. It might have said earlier but the Fromtier Trail is actually one of the nicer, most cohesive midways if any major amusement park in the same style as Cedar Point. A 100+ foot tall arch smack in the middle that has to remove more than a few trees (and otherwise I wouldn't care about trees in an amusement park, but they're actually really nice here) wouldn't look so "Best Amusemenr Park in the World" to me.

Anyways, thanks for the updates and pictures, guys!

I have to agree. Putting Ripcord and Skyscraper in that area would not look right. If they're going to move these for a potential SC revamp (which I certainly hope is the case, because it needs it), I would rather they figure out a way to move them closer somewhere towards the Slingshot by Gemini or somewhere between there and Mean Streak.

Wow, people, it's clearly a joke! That's Maverick's old restraint painted yellow. Can't you notice the red underneath the yellow? Can't you also notice that only one seat (out of the four) that has it? And that you can't possibly have that and the T-Bar?

Cedar Point is pulling a fast one!

They are such trolls. I'll admit, they me! lol.

A quick recap of today's presentation:

-Shoot the Rapids is officially confirmed to be removed and scrapped (will not be relocated)

-Go-Karts and Skyscraper are also being removed. Ripcord is staying, but it's unclear if it'll be relocated from its current spot.

-Chick-Fil-A is being replaced with Frontier Inn, serving chicken tenders, salads, etc.

-Hurricane Hannah's is being replaced with a Coca-Cola Station

-New pre-opening backstage tour of Valravn

-New Ride Warriors Club that "will provide exclusive experiences thought the season" Membership is $120 and is limited to 1000 members

-Coasting for Kids will not return at Cedar Fair parks. Instead, each park will find and support local charities. CP will be hosting a Give Kids the World "reunion" at the park.

-Shoot the Rapids is officially confirmed to be removed and scrapped (will not be relocated)

th?id=OIP.M1c15c1febed2fe11a15a83a61f1a42e9H0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

I'm actually a little saddened by the removal of Shoot The Rapids. I was looking forward to our visit this summer to get to ride it again. Oh well.

-Go-Karts and Skyscraper are also being removed. Ripcord is staying, but it's unclear if it'll be relocated from its current spot.

Okay, maybe I am in the minority here, but I really enjoy Skyscraper, and I am sad to hear that it is leaving! As for the go carts?? Eh, Bye Felicia. I couldn't careless that they are leaving.

-Chick-Fil-A is being replaced with Frontier Inn, serving chicken tenders, salads, etc.

I see nothing wrong with this!

None of the ride operations things surprise me. The article makes it seem like employee housing is heaven, though, which is not true. It's been compared to a prison, among other things.

The cheap food is true. VERY true. It's a good thing that associates from other parks can use the main Bistro, otherwise I would have spent a bunch more money than necessary on eh-quality food. No dippin' dots or anything special though.