TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I've got to be honest, everything I see points to Ripcord going where Shoot the Rapids is.

They're basically removing Challenge Park as Skyscraper is gone too. There are trees marked for Removal near shoot the rapids right where the ride would need to swing.

If they're removing trees now this seems like something they're doing sooner rather than later so a Ripcord relocation seems likely.

I'm sure they know that Soak City is terrible, and removing Challenge Park frees up tons of room for them to do a Carowinds style expansion to bring it up to the 21st century. They have a serious incentive to get people to stay an extra day, not just for more expensive pass sales (for passes that include Soak City) and money from in park spending and ticket sales but because they could get people to stay an extra night in their newly renovated, expensive hotel.

A Soak City renovation is long overdue. That seems to be exactly what they're doing and they're saving money in the process by removing a maintenance headache and making money by putting Ripcord in an area where it'll get way more foot traffic and most likely riders.

Question, I am sorry if this has been talked about already, but has it been officially confirmed that StR is leaving?? And the talk of challenge park moving been confirmed?

Speculation would point to StR leaving, although Cedar Point has not confirmed or denied the rumors at this point

EDIT: Also, I think after the 2013 incident, down time, and low rider count, it would only strengthen the argument that it would be coming down.

Edited by Generational

No nothing is confirmed as of right now. If past WCO are any indication participants are asked to not share anything (new information) they learn till after a time in which all groups have had a chance to learn that info as well. No need to spoil something they paid money to go to and losing that perk of the event b/c people want to be the FIRST with the info.

Question, I am sorry if this has been talked about already, but has it been officially confirmed that StR is leaving?? And the talk of challenge park moving been confirmed?

No, they just tore down the final lift and drop because they like to practice demolishing and rebuilding things in the winter since the park's closed and they're bored.

No, they just tore down the final lift and drop because they like to practice demolishing and rebuilding things in the winter since the park's closed and they're bored.

You never know. I have heard that Cedar Point has started this new maintenance log that requires the team to deconstruct and rebuild items in the park. This is a program to speed up building.

All joking aside, I did not notice the final lift being gone or it being talked about, maybe I am having a dumb moment, but Thank you for clearing that up!:D

Edited by Coaster19