TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Regarding STR coming down, I don't feel particularly extreme either way. I'd rather see the land devoted to a better ride or 2 and continuing the thematic area that is the Frontier Trail if it's coming down. But, I feel it's quite possible a water park expansion and reconfiguring of the challenge park may be in the works. I think the latter's more likely due to the popularity of water parks and trends with Cedar Fair investing heavily in their waterparks (not including Wild Water Kingdom) of late. I do miss Mill Race and WWL and would be thrilled to see a classic log ride similar to one of those coming back. Awhile back, someone mentioned the idea of a dark water ride and I think that would be just the ticket, that site has seems to have good bones for that. We'll see what happens! Cheers!

edit: I meant to add that I never once rode it. I end up at parks on my own more than riding with friends, and with very few riders on the damned thing every time i was there, it really didn't seem worth it at all. I doubt I would have disliked it, but was never drawn to it like I used to be by the oldies.

Commons dorms - they are stripped down basic college dorms housing 3-4 people, lockers for each person, typically 2 bunk beds(some have one bunk and a single) a desk of some sort. linoleum flooring and community showers. According in each room

Commons Apartments - I belive it's 4 rooms that hold up to 4 people each that share 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette (no stove ...removed a few years ago). Rooms are carpeted ac in the kitchen

Cedars - like the Commons dorms except no lockers, no AC (you can have it added for a fee) and everything seems like it's from the 1920s it is the cheapest of any of the options. And it's a stones toss from the park.

Bayside Apartments - they are essentially just like Commons Apartments but they have been closed since the end of last off season to be remodeled

I may have missed a few things I haven't lived in housing in a few years

Edited by coasterkyle

Hey guys! The interview went well. I am going to be at the Sky Ride!!

This is going to be fun. I look forward to cross training as well.

Congratulations! Sky Ride is my guilty pleasure.

Congrats!

I used to work on skyride years ago...it was fun but I recommend you get your upper body in shape.

Hey guys! The interview went well. I am going to be at the Sky Ride!!

This is going to be fun. I look forward to cross training as well.

Congratulations! Sky Ride is my guilty pleasure.

Congrats!

I used to work on skyride years ago...it was fun but I recommend you get your upper body in shape.

That is what i figured. Gaining weight/muscle is not a friend of my families genetics (I'm 125 pounds regardless of eating habits or working out). I doubt it will be too much for me to handle, however. If it is, or it turns out i'm not as efficient for guest satisfaction, than I trust that the park will put me in a place that works better for me, the park, and especially the guests.

BTW, is "fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo" a filter, or was it just a joke? lol

The whole STR story seems a little shady to me. I must admit I'm a little skeptical. Tony Clark always likes to stir the pot so I'm not taking that for anything yet.

Challenge park certainly is outdated. One half of the Challenge Golf isn't open. The other course had half of greens "recarpeted" (hopefully you get the message). Personally I don't think the refurbished greens and holes are nearly as fun. Usually Challenge gold has a decent crowd. I make it a point to play it every time given the great deals for platinum pass holders.

Challenge park also is open after the park closes, which is nice for guests who want to make the most out of the stay. I'm not sure how that looks in the park's perspective though.

Gotcha, I still have to catch on to the filters here.

BTW, does anyone know how the Skyride works in operation? I have always wondered how and it interests me.

That's not something that can really be explained in words. It's a pretty broad question. I will say this though, it's definitely the "token" ride to work. Tons and tons of fun. It definitely worked my upper body strength but also my legs and glutes significantly. Fantastic ride!

Sooo... I have not said anything about this whole "STR IS GOING BYE BYE. . ." thing yet. But it's time I break my silence.

While I was not the biggest fan of STR. . . I also didn't hate it. We rode it once during our last visit. It wasn't super awesome but it was fun!! However, it was only fun that once. I feel like if we would have rode it again it would have just been boring.

Hopefully whatever Cedar Point puts in STR's place will be amazing!! I vote for a 790ft polar coaster. (Obviously it's 790ft so shortly there after Six Flags can build a 800ft polar coaster that is a few feet taller and steal anither world record from Cedar Fair.)

<----thank goodness this ride is located in the high almighty place known as Cedar Point, so all is forgiven for wasting $10.5m on this piece of crap! If it was located in a SF....oh my- out come the haters!

2135722935_yourecrazyliloandstitch.gif.210340aae5ad1678054ccf0c48ef409d.gif

Gotcha, I still have to catch on to the filters here.

BTW, does anyone know how the Skyride works in operation? I have always wondered how and it interests me.

That's not something that can really be explained in words. It's a pretty broad question. I will say this though, it's definitely the "token" ride to work. Tons and tons of fun. It definitely worked my upper body strength but also my legs and glutes significantly. Fantastic ride!

I actually found a video about it on Youtube

Interestingly, a motor runs the cable all around the course and their are guide wheels to support the cable at each support structure. No matter how much weight/vehicles there is on the course, there are counter weights that give the cable the right amount of tension + slack.

I just freestyled that based off memory I got from watching the video once, so take it with a grain of salt. However, its interesting to say the least.