TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^^I apologize that I'm not obsessed with every little move that they make on this coaster. If I was, I would just watch the webcam. I couldn't care less about a boat in the dock and am sick of people complaining when my home park hasn't received a big coaster in 17 years now. If people don't like it, they don't have to ride and it will make the line shorter for me when I'm enjoying it.

Yea I'm probably going to stay off this thread for a while. I'll come back when the boat comes back...

I'm with you on this!!

Once again, Valleyfair would gladly take Valravn, dive after extremely tall MCBR and all, and you can go back to waiting for your boat. Okay?

I'll gladly wait for the boat to return. At least the boat doesn't bitch about everything little thing.

Once again, Valleyfair would gladly take Valravn, dive after extremely tall MCBR and all, and you can go back to waiting for your boat. Okay?

I'll gladly take Valravn at my home park too, considering everyone is b*tching that it's going to suck and the boat is the most kick A$$, orgasmic attraction ever.

The boat doesn't like you. Leave the boat out of this.

I just filter out the annoying trolls and find the funny posts and photo updates. I like this thread most of the time. There was another thread, I believe it was SFGADV, where they were complaining about there not being a webcam or enough pics. I think that Kid with the pink floyd avatar should go there more often. He won't have to worry about that many pictures.

How tall is the MCBR on Griffon and Sheikra?

I know a few pages ago, people were discussing the tallest break runs on a coaster, but nobody mentioned the other dives.

well its a 130ft drop after the brake run so its probably about the same

I'm not even a roller coaster designer.

Good, let's keep it that way.

Did I just read that someone wanted a double down on a dive machine?

And why couldn't you have a double down on a dive machine? Explain this to me.

Because it's B&M and it wouldn't deliver any airtime whatsoever?

Made me laugh, a bit too much.

How tall is the MCBR on Griffon and Sheikra?

I know a few pages ago, people were discussing the tallest break runs on a coaster, but nobody mentioned the other dives.

well its a 130ft drop after the brake run so its probably about the same

It's probably 140 ft +- 5 ft, or else it would crash into the ground.

Looks like the final part of the break-run is going to be completed soon, seeing as it's onsite.

Thank you for breaking up the senseless arguments lol.

My pleasure! I have to say, I've probably spent way too much time watching the construction, but it's still fascinating to me every time I do!

Looks like the final part of the break-run is going to be completed soon, seeing as it's onsite.

I just wish the final brake run wasn't followed by a station like on every other B&M coaster. I'd much rather they have a launch or an inversion with a slow heartline roll and a bunch of inversions and airtime hills. Some fire and explosions would be cool too.

I just wish the final brake run wasn't followed by a station like on every other B&M coaster. I'd much rather they have a launch or an inversion with a slow heartline roll and a bunch of inversions and airtime hills.

I seriously laughed out loud at this. (God I need a life.)

My sister called me last night to say that they were about to book four nights at Lighthouse Point after seeing construction photos of Valravn online. They have never been on a dive coaster and were pretty pumped about it after seeing the pictures.

So yeah...I think that it's safe to assume that this ride is going to be a big hit with the GP. Especially those that have never ridden (or even seen) a B&M dive coaster.

I just wish the final brake run wasn't followed by a station like on every other B&M coaster. I'd much rather they have a launch or an inversion with a slow heartline roll and a bunch of inversions and airtime hills. Some fire and explosions would be cool too.

I'd prefer a Jojo roll through a freezing cold waterfall prior to returning to the station, which is themed to an enormous family-dryer (complete with warm air).

I'm really looking forward to seeing Valravn in person at winter chill out in 2 weeks. Dive coasters are so massive in person. Every one of my non-enthusiast friends is stoked for the coaster. Every time I tell them about the holding break they open their eyes wide in amazement.

I can't believe how I'm reading pages of people bitching about receiving the world's tallest, fastest Dive Machine. Want to trade? I'll take a B&M Dive anyday at Great Adventure. Easily B&M's second best design behind Inverts IMO.

If anything, I find posts like this IMMENSELY more annoying and bitchy sounding than any post where someone suggests ways the ride could have been improved.

Nobodies bitching except you. Merely supposing an alternative to "what is" is discussing roller coaster ideas on a roller coaster forum.

Get over yourselves, the over-dramatics are absurd. I don't think there's a person on this forum that wouldn't take a ride on Valverononemomenener anyway, so I don't understand why anybody's getting their panties in a bunch.

I can't believe how I'm reading pages of people bitching about receiving the world's tallest, fastest Dive Machine. Want to trade? I'll take a B&M Dive anyday at Great Adventure. Easily B&M's second best design behind Inverts IMO.

If anything, I find posts like this IMMENSELY more annoying and bitchy sounding than any post where someone suggests ways the ride could have been improved.

Nobodies bitching except you. Merely supposing an alternative to "what is" is discussing roller coaster ideas on a roller coaster forum.

Get over yourselves, the over-dramatics are absurd. I don't think there's a person on this forum that wouldn't take a ride on Valverononemomenener anyway, so I don't understand why anybody's getting their panties in a bunch.

I don't mind those posts at all as long as they aren't over excessive.

"I think the coaster could have been better if...it we be cool if B&M did this"

is better than

"B&M sucks, this coaster is going to be forceless!"

and far better than

"OMG quit bitching" --- nobody is bitching, they are just expressing their opinion, if you disagree with someone's opinion than feel free to share yours or move on.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Valravn in person at winter chill out in 2 weeks. Dive coasters are so massive in person. Every one of my non-enthusiast friends is stoked for the coaster. Every time I tell them about the holding break they open their eyes wide in amazement.

If you ever get a chance, check out the piece on the underside of the train that holds the car for the drop. Compared to the rest of the train it's such a tiny piece of steel plate. It's especially amazing considering the fully loaded weight of a train. I've been fortunate to spend time under Griffon. B&M engineering is impressive. The articulation and bearings in the arms that hold the train onto the track are the key to the smooth ride.

image.thumb.jpeg.a93aa76dcc4e263e3f887a51d3b2bc5d.jpeg

My GP friend that I drag to the park with me almost shit his pants when He saw the drop and he got it instantly. When he was saw the holding break he said "that is just wrong, the drop is scary enough" lol.

Back to more coaster boy-esque questions. I wonder if the hold break and the break run before the second drop are designed to lower the stress on the track.