TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

It will be interesting to see how fast the rest of the coaster goes up. It seems like the supports for the remaining portion of the ride are pretty vanilla (i.e. self supporting, not requiring a crane to hold the support while the new piece is lifted).

It would also be interesting to see how fast the Legendary Boat of Happiness and Fun comes back.

OH MY GOD YES

. . . Wish all parks would cover their coasters construction like CP/Cedar fair usually does b/c this never gets old to me.

I agree. I wish more parks would cover their construction like Cedar Point does. It makes the off season go by a lot faster, and it's awesome to watch!!

Then again if more parks covered their construction like Cedar Point does, more people here would complain because of to0 many pictures being posted of "some bolts being moved around."

. . . Wish all parks would cover their coasters construction like CP/Cedar fair usually does b/c this never gets old to me.

I agree. I wish more parks would cover their construction like Cedar Point does. It makes the off season go by a lot faster, and it's awesome to watch!!

Then again if more parks covered their construction like Cedar Point does, more people here would complain because of to0 many pictures being posted of "some boats floating around."

I cant let the boat float away. I need the boat. And how could you kill the boat...

Not to derail this thread too far, but I'm really excited about getting rid of Chick-Fil-A if for no other reason than that there will now not be an abandoned building half the weekend next to what is possibly the park's best attraction. Love love love that move.

(also still stoked about Valravn)

Serious question--is this the world's tallest MCBR? I think it actually might be.

No idea, but even if it is it's possible that Leviathan's final brake run will still be higher.

(I'm actually serious)

Valravn's is taller than Raptor, right? I think Leviathan's is within like five feet of Dragon Fire. Leviathan's is still the most ridiculous brake run ever though.

Serious question--is this the world's tallest MCBR? I think it actually might be.

I don't know, but I feel like Raging Bull has a significantly tall MCBR. I only got to ride it once, and it was many moons ago, but if felt like quite the drop.