TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Just riding in the front isn't good enough. You have to learn forward (easy since there's a grab bar) and not let your back touch the seat back. It's a really, really stupid way to ride a coaster and if someone says that they shouldn't have to do something that stupid to enjoy a coaster I can't disagree at all, that's a very fair point. I'm just saying that if you do it it works like a dream and I don't really mind that much.

Also, if you do that, it's a smoother ride than Blue Streak, though Blue Streak still isn't rough by any means and it's a much better ride than Mean Streak since it's a better layout with nice pops of air.

My problem with Mean Streak is that Maverick is right next to it. Why would I want to spend my time riding a boring rough piece of crap when I could spend that time waiting for the best coaster ever built.

Try that trick, I promise I works. The ride itself still meanders around and doesn't do much... if they RMC it I won't miss it but in the meantime I'll enjoy it for what it is... a cool ride through an amazing structure in a great setting. It's not that bad, and if it weren't at Cedar Point sitting on prime real estate for expansion it would never generate the level of hatred that it does.

I 100% agree with this statement. It really isn't that bad if you know how to ride it

The problem with RMC working on the ride is that Cedar Point does not need another huge, near-vertical, inverting steel coaster. At least not right now. A GCI should take Mean Streak´s place if it indeed goes to the amusement park in the sky. That or a new launched family mine train like Firechaser Express. Let us remember that a good amusement park can´t be JUST thrill rides. The lowest height restriction for a roller coaster (besides the boring kiddie coasters) is 48¨. If I was a kid at Cedar Point around 42¨, I´d be pretty bored most of the day.

I can tell you for nearly certain the GCI thing won't happen. "We know you didn't like that old wooden coaster, so we replaced it with a new wooden coaster that's shorter and slower." Doesn't exactly fit with Cedar Point's image or modus operandi.

We drive from Minnesota once a season to hit the coasters at CP. We however do not waste a second getting in line and riding Mean Streak. It is such a craptastic coaster that breaks your back. I do not want to have to ride it defensively just to ride the thing. It is a slow and boring layout that needs to change or get knocked down for something good.

Plus Maverick sits right there, why not get in line there and get a couple awesome rides in on that?

I didn't dislike Mean Streak to the extent that I wouldn't go on it again. I went on one of the busiest operating days of the year and I'm pretty sure I got in line, rode it, and was out the exit in under 30 minutes. I wouldn't blame anyone else for skipping it but in terms of ride quality to wait time ratio, it's not too bad if you're a wooden coaster fan.

Personally I am not a huge fan of Mean Streak, meaning I don't love it, nor do I hate it. On the other hand my partner really enjoys Mean Streak so we ride it at least 4-5 times every visit. Thankfully we book a VIP Tour so we avoid the lines, so it doesn't cut into our time on other attractions.

^ Much cheaper to just get the FL plus and not worry about it. . .

FL(+) can't compare to the personalized experience of a VIP Tour. Not to mention even with FL(+) you still get stuck waiting in lines. I'm much happier just picking what ride we want to ride, being taken up the exit, and sat down on the ride. . . Avoiding any lines, and avoiding the majority of the GP who, for the most part, annoys the hell out of me.

Mean Streak is actually one of the smoother wooden coasters I've ridden, however I'm not a fan of it because the ride itself is a complete snoozefest (it's forceless except for one airtime pop). I vote for it to either get RMC'd or torn down and replaced by a GCI or an RMC from scratch.

Plus Maverick sits right there, why not get in line there and get a couple awesome rides in on that?

Personally we just like to mix it up a little. Sometimes at Cedar Point it's nice to take a break from long lines and ride a major ride without dedicating to much time to it. Even with Fastlane Plus Maverick can pull a 45 minute line. We like to mix in some rides like Skyhawk, Power Tower, Gemeni and Mean Streak sometimes since they're solid rides with short waits and just take a quick break from lines. We used to do that with Corkscrew too but lately I just find that thing unbearable.

Personally we just like to mix it up a little. Sometimes at Cedar Point it's nice to take a break from long lines and ride a major ride without dedicating to much time to it. Even with Fastlane Plus Maverick can pull a 45 minute line. We like to mix in some rides like Skyhawk, Power Tower, Gemeni and Mean Streak sometimes since they're solid rides with short waits and just take a quick break from lines. We used to do that with Corkscrew too but lately I just find that thing unbearable.

True. Last time I went to CP, TTD, MF, Maverick, etc were all pulling 75min+ wait times while Power Tower was a 5min wait.

True. Last time I went to CP, TTD, MF, Maverick, etc were all pulling 75min+ wait times while Power Tower was a 5min wait.

This is usually my experience as well, the "big 6-7" coasters are usually 50min+, while flats and alike are walk-ons or sub 10 minutes. Skyhawk might be a slightly different story, but for the most part you will really have substantial waits for the coasters.