TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^I know you're excited (and I am too!) but posts like that are just going to start more flame wars about whether or not this will be a good ride, if B&M coasters are forceless, etc. because we don't "all know" it's going to be amazing. It's rehashing what we've finally ended and the thread is finally better than the Darien Lake and Great Adventure thread

Thanks for the screenshot though. Solid progress recently.

^^ Wait so now people who are excited about the coaster need to stop being excited and enthusiastic so that the people that whine about everything don't see there enthusiasm as an excuse to whine more?

Sorry but screw that.

The original post was edited before your reply. The context is completely different and I had no intentions of calling him out at all.

^I don't know if it's because of the design or because of how it's operated, but I've always found it bizarre that The Bat doesn't have enough time to clear the block brake without causing the train on the lift to slow to a crawl. It takes so long for the second train to get around the turn into the station that the other train practically parks itself on the lift hill.

I noticed this on my trip to KI last year and thought it was pretty strange and annoying.

It's an arrow thing. On BBW sometimes the trains would come in so slow we'd get a lift 2 setup even though the ride was designed for 3 train stacking. I've noticed it on most arrows, except at CP where they actually all seem to behave pretty well. (I've always liked the little "false ending" of Magnum for some reason, especially since it often times so a train is leaving the station while another train is just arriving on the final breaks and they just sorta jog past each other!)

I'm considering the run & ride in June. Does anyone have experience with it and/or the crowds around that time?

Run and Ride is a great event! Totally recommend... as for the crowds... I don't know about the Sunday that weekend (probably pretty manageable though) as for Saturday... pretty crowded but manageable. Fast lane wouldn't hurt.

VALRAVN UPDATE

Friday, January 29th, 2016

Yikes! I haven't posted in a bit. Sorry - I've become addicted to the Twitters.

Follow me there for spontaneous and off-the-wall updates, too. (Link to his Twitter)

Let's talk Valravn for a minute.

We were working in the direction of travel, but we've come to another complicated section of the layout - the block brake.

The block brake allows for safe operation of 3 trains at once, and also slows the train down if necessary. Even though it's one long piece of straight track (you can see it on the ground, on the webcam), it needs to be maneuvered in between the crazy angled supports.

So, much like the first dive, we're doing the same with the second dive. We'll build up backwards from the bottom of the second dive to give the block brake section more support.

Thank goodness for great weather. We're well on track.

We'll give you more updates as we get further along, so keep checking the Valravn website for photos, and follow me on Twitter for all the latest updates!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/Valravn-Update?mobile=0

^^ my interest just fell a little. Nets are ugly.

Yeah but when you have Dip $hits that jump fences and people that want lawsuits all the time, you almost have to put these nets up. I agree they are ugly but the park has to cover their a$$.

Anyone see the morons that are trying to sue Disney because the grandma had a heart attack when the non-poiseness snake bit her grandson? The kid got a bandaid and returned to the park, but now they are suing!

Wait... a net made you less interested in a 223 foot dive coaster? That was the thing that just did it for you? A net?

I was going to say the same thing. To be completely honest I don't think I'm even going to remember any nets are there when I'm riding a 75 mph roller coaster.

Wait... a net made you less interested in a 223 foot dive coaster? That was the thing that just did it for you? A net?

Never underestimate the power of a net.

Net, or no net... does it really matter?? Most people are not going to even notice the net.

Why would this need nets? Gatekeeper's entire queue is under the lift...

The train is not traveling fast enough on the lift hill for nets to be necessary.

...and immelman and not nets in sight.

The queue line doesn't actually go under the Immelman... so no nets needed there.

image-1.jpg.96eacd1fa142221f6af8dbadbfa9b4d0.jpg

Using the theory that the train is not traveling fast enough how do you explain Fury when it flys over two different paths three different times? Just curious.

Pretty sure it was Gatekeeper that was being discussed. Not Fury.

But to answer your question... Obviously they did not feel the need to put nets on Fury. Why?? Because they just didnt. That's why.

------------

Also, is Valravn going to have "nets," or just a structure similar to what Raptor has??

1365876017_WEBraptorcedarpoint_1439551246984_101368_ver1.0.thumb.jpg.a8ffd931d13c9388bf25e92a51a397b5.jpg

Edited by DoinItForTheFame