TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Looks like Valrvns MCBR is assembled and on the site ready to be raised.

Maybe it is just me, but does anyone else find it weird the way they assembled the MCBR underneath the supports that the MCBR will be above? It just seems to me like it would have been easier to assemble the MCBR close to it's location, but not underneath supports. Now when they go to raise it in place they will have to go around, and over the support above where the MCBR is sitting.

Not trying to "be an engineer" here, or say that "they don't know what they are doing" when obviously they do know what they are doing, and there is a reason for the way they do everything that they do... I just find it odd the placement of the MCBR right now. That is all.

I agree, it does look like an interesting spot for the MCBR to be assembled and staged. It will be interesting to see how it goes up in the coming days.

Looks like Valrvns MCBR is assembled and on the site ready to be raised.

Maybe it is just me, but does anyone else find it weird the way they assembled the MCBR underneath the supports that the MCBR will be above? It just seems to me like it would have been easier to assemble the MCBR close to it's location, but not underneath supports. Now when they go to raise it in place they will have to go around, and over the support above where the MCBR is sitting.

Not trying to "be an engineer" here, or say that "they don't know what they are doing" when obviously they do know what they are doing, and there is a reason for the way they do everything that they do... I just find it odd the placement of the MCBR right now. That is all.

I mean once they assemble the supports, the MCBR Does run right almost parallel to the lift, and there's some tight spaces in there for a crane, so they probably want to get it up and down all at once. The supports are assembled and ready to be put in place though.

I'm also going to chime in with the Gemini love; it was one of my group's favorites when we went this summer. Anyway, compared to the screenshot of the live feed posted a few pages back, the current live feed seems to have the most recent piece of track removed. Or at least that's what it looks like?

Wouldn't surprise me. Yesterday, somebody mentioned that they couldn't get the next track piece fitted correctly.

I always thought a nice Premier looper like Sky Rocket or YOLOcoaster would be a good Corkscrew replacement if it were to ever be torn down. Their capacity isn't the greatest, but CP could make it work.

Cedar Point could do a dual loading version of the Premier Skyloop and I would be A-OKAY with that!

1.) We know Cedar Point would make it record breaking, which would make it amazing...

2.) Doing a dual loading (sliding) station similar to what they did with Zombie Ride would keep it from having to bad of capacity.

3.) It would be a fun unique ride for Cedar Point. It would be like a full circuit Wicked Twister!

I vote yes!

I always thought a nice Premier looper like Sky Rocket or YOLOcoaster would be a good Corkscrew replacement if it were to ever be torn down. Their capacity isn't the greatest, but CP could make it work.

Cedar Point could do a dual loading version of the Premier Skyloop and I would be A-OKAY with that!

1.) We know Cedar Point would make it record breaking, which would make it amazing...

2.) Doing a dual loading (sliding) station similar to what they did with Zombie Ride would keep it from having to bad of capacity.

3.) It would be a fun unique ride for Cedar Point. It would be like a full circuit Wicked Twister!

I vote yes!

I vote a coaster like Fahrenheit that interacts with the midway like Corkscrew!

I vote yes!

Fahrenheit to me is like a tamer version of Maverick though

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2016/01/cedar_point_hopes_to_combine_r.html

With the success of Canada's Wonderland's Thunder Run, Cedar Point is looking into maybe adding VR to one of their coasters. No confirmation, just some possible testing this summer. VP McLure mentions Cedar Creek Mine Ride and Iron Dragon as the most likely to receive the VR experience. Also, it will most likely be an upcharge.

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2016/01/cedar_point_hopes_to_combine_r.html

With the success of Canada's Wonderland's Thunder Run, Cedar Point is looking into maybe adding VR to one of their coasters. No confirmation, just some possible testing this summer. VP McLure mentions Cedar Creek Mine Ride and Iron Dragon as the most likely to receive the VR experience. Also, it will most likely be an upcharge.

That could be really cool on a ride like Iron Dragon!!!

It was interesting watching them put in the bottom track piece to the second dive. Took them a couple tries to set it in place. They had to get the backhoe in there and move some dirt that wasn't letting the track set correctly. Talk about ground hugging! Better pick up your feet on the bottom of that dive.

I vote yes!

Fahrenheit to me is like a tamer version of Maverick though

Yeah, while Fahrenheit is an AWESOME and gorgeous ride, I think IF corkscrew ever went, the park should replace it with something that has between 1 and 3 loops. It's just not fair to all the kids out there wanting to go on their "first big looping coaster" to have a 6 inversion mammoth be their "break in," or a 3 inversion but intense as hell launch coaster like Maverick. There's nothing wrong with a nice 70 foot drop and 3 loops to cater to certain riders. That's why Scorpion is so perfect at BGT!

While I personally don't think Corkscrew is even HALF as bad as many Arrow's for roughness, I still maintain that modernizing it in a similar fashion to what is currently happening to Revolution with new trains would be a much better fate for Corkscrew than the scrap yard. I'd love to see new trains role out for a lot of older Arrows than to see them scrapped. Imagine how awesome Vortex at KI would be if it had double axle bogies and springs on the wheels to get rid of the "Arrow Gap Slam!?" (And I say that personally loving Vortex as is).

Several pages back I noticed someone said that they speculate that Mean Streak, and Corkskrew would be the next two coasters to go, but I personally would speculate Iron Dragon to go before Corkskrew. It does fill a role for a family ride, but there are several other family ride options to fill that void. But, I don't think any of CP coasters will be hitting the chopping block anytime soon.

That track piece is kind of like my life: lonely and always being left out

Nooooo, it just means that you're part of a really awesome bigger picture that just hasn't come together yet!

Or it means you´ll be ridden by thousands this year.