TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Watching the way Valravn is starting to shape up I think it's going to be the most forceful Dive Machine yet.

Now, maybe once people ride it they will stop complaining about "How forceless new B&M's (especially Dive Machines) are."

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

Watching the way Valravn is starting to shape up I think it's going to be the most forcelful Dive Machine yet.

Now, maybe once people ride it they will stop complaining about "How forceless new B&M's (especially Dive Machines) are."

I'm assuming you meant this^? If so, I agree.

And keep in mind that quite frequently, a new ride replaces an old (or relocated) one. Removing rides can be just as important as adding new ones from a maintenance and efficiency perspective.

I agree with youe comment. There are plenty of places they can install new things if they really wanted to add more rides. Moreover that park is infamous for moving their flat rides around the park. Cedar Point will always have space for new rides b/c some rides just get obsolete and old.

The park has 72 rides. That means in theory they could swap out rides, retire roller coasters and upgrade things with ease. Just an example, not a prediction. If the park wanted to they could

*Get ride of Gemini and add a Dueling eurofighters

I know you said predictions, but I have to address the blatant disregard for efficiency here. With regards to removing and replacing capacity, removing a ride that has an insane pph (thousands) and replacing it with a ride or even rides that couldn't top 1000 pph combined... come on...

Just to be clear that was not a prediction. I should have proof read a little better but I think even though I said ride instead rid I made it clear that the point I was making is that Cedar Point will never run out of space because they have so many rides that they can just keep closing older attractions and putting in new ones.

More to your point Gemini might be a high capacity ride but in 2015 it is not operating at maximum capacity. If CP were to replace the Gemini it would be replacing a roller coaster that is not drawing anyone to the park.

In 2014 Gemini had 1.3 million riders which relatively short lines.

*http://coaster-nation.com/cedar-point-coaster-ridership-2014-by-the-numbers/

Gerstlauer has a Euro fighter model that can move 1000 people a hour. 1000pph x 12 hours a day x 140 days = 1.6 million a year. If It was a DUELING Euro fighter that would be 3.2 million

*http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/assets/downloads/brochures/Euro-Fighter.pdf

I don't think Cedar Point would ever build a ride like that but the point I was making is that they could and many people probably won't miss the Gemini when it leaves. I don't think anyone would shed a tear if CP said they are replacing it with deuling Euro fighters and from the logistics side that would be a people eating machine.

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this.

I'm sure a lot of people would be upset if Gemeni was removed... Not enthusiasts, but families with kids as its a fun, family friendly ride and the racing aspect makes it stand out from the other coasters in the park. Rides like Iron Dragon, Gemeni, Blue Streak and Mine Ride serve an important purpose in the park. The park needs to have something to offer people who have graduated from small kids rides but aren't ready for looping coasters and hyper coasters yet. With the other additions they recently made to the Gemeni midway they've done a great job making that area of the park cater to this crowd. I think replacing it would be a mistake, especially with another inverting coaster.

Plus 1.3 million riders is a crap ton of riders, especially when you consider the fact that it's not on early entry and doesn't race when it's not the peak summer season or a busy weekend. The short lines have a lot to do with the ride's insane capacity.

Seriously why would anyone want to get rid of Gemeni? Is there anyone on earth that doesn't enjoy that ride?

Only been to CP once and rode it twice. I wasn't blown away but it looks like it is more beloved that I thought. lol.

Opened as the tallest and fastest in the world. And it can accommodate more types of people than a eurofighter ever would. Sure it's a hypothetical, but that is not a ride leaving anytime soon. Cedar Point wants families. Families spend more money.

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this.

I'm sure a lot of people would be upset if Gemeni was removed... Not enthusiasts, but families with kids as its a fun, family friendly ride and the racing aspect makes it stand out from the other coasters in the park. Rides like Iron Dragon, Gemeni, Blue Streak and Mine Ride serve an important purpose in the park. The park needs to have something to offer people who have graduated from small kids rides but aren't ready for looping coasters and hyper coasters yet. With the other additions they recently made to the Gemeni midway they've done a great job making that area of the park cater to this crowd. I think replacing it would be a mistake, especially with another inverting coaster.

Plus 1.3 million riders is a crap ton of riders, especially when you consider the fact that it's not on early entry and doesn't race when it's not the peak summer season or a busy weekend. The short lines have a lot to do with the ride's insane capacity.

Seriously why would anyone want to get rid of Gemeni? Is there anyone on earth that doesn't enjoy that ride?

I adore Gemini. It's definitely one of my faves at CP, because even thought it's not that intense, there's just something about racing coasters that is fun and thrilling.

Mystery Mine is flawless... That being said it wouldn't for Cedar Point at all. It's a low capacity ride and the thing that makes it awesome is the theming which Cedar Fair wouldn't maintain.

If they were adding a Eurofighter (doubtful) that wouldn't need to remove anything large to make room, that's the entire point of a Eurofighter.

I would think the next coaster on the chopping block would have to be Mean Streak, I don't dislike the ride but an RMC or even a large B&M would be a big upgrade. The only other coaster I could see going anywhere is Mine Ride but if they remove it they should replace it with a family coaster. If they ever removed Gemeni though I would be legitimately pissed off, regardless of what they replaced it with (simply because no matter what they add they could be creative and add it without removing anything).

Let me get in on this Gemini love fest. Fun ride with a quick-moving line, a great first drop, and a real racing dynamic, where one train inches out in front, and then the other and then the other. In my heart it's a woodie, I know it's not really but to me it's an honorary woodie, and therefor an important part of the line up. I would be very sad to ever see it go.

Edited by neil009

Valravn looks awesome but I can't get over Raptor's new paint. It looks awesome, I really hope they get rid of those awful orange lights and use the same kind Gatekeeper has, then that Midway would just look insane at night.

They put a lighting package similar to Fury 325 I believe. I remember people calling Raptor's lift hill a green lightsaber It'll definitely stand out more and I think it'll look great.