TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I would not be mad if they got rid of parts of that challenge park. I would be surprised though b/c it is a separate stream of revenue for the park. If they did get rid of the challenge park it would have to be for something to make more money or to build something that could increase capacity enough to justify getting rid of it.

I have NO interest in the challenge park however I could imagine that there are some people that want to take a break from the park and do something different.

I would not be mad if they got rid of parts of that challenge park. I would be surprised though b/c it is a separate stream of revenue for the park. If they did get rid of the challenge park it would have to be for something to make more money or to build something that could increase capacity enough to justify getting rid of it.

I have NO interest in the challenge park however I could imagine that there are some people that want to take a break from the park and do something different.

Exactly. I'm not saying that they are going to remove it, merely observing that it was done at VF, and might possibly be trend CP may follow. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't much room left on that island, people.

Exactly. I'm not saying that they are going to remove it, merely observing that it was done at VF, and might possibly be trend CP may follow. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't much room left on that island, people.

You're wrong. There's plenty of room.

Hey guys, remember about 20 years ago when everyone said the park was "just about out of room"? And then remember how since then they've built Millennium Force, Wicked Twister, Top Thrill Dragster, Gatekeeper, Maverick, Valravn, Maxair, Skyhawk, Shoot the Rapids and tons of other huge rides?

Good times, good times.

And keep in mind that quite frequently, a new ride replaces an old (or relocated) one. Removing rides can be just as important as adding new ones from a maintenance and efficiency perspective.

I agree with youe comment. There are plenty of places they can install new things if they really wanted to add more rides. Moreover that park is infamous for moving their flat rides around the park. Cedar Point will always have space for new rides b/c some rides just get obsolete and old.

The park has 72 rides. That means in theory they could swap out rides, retire roller coasters and upgrade things with ease. Just an example, not a prediction. If the park wanted to they could

*Take out the drop towers and add a Falcon Fury type tower

*Get ride of Gemini and add a Dueling eurofighters

* Wilderness run can we swapped out for a Flying Ace Aerial Chase like the one in Carowinds.

I'll just say again these are just examples not predictions of ways the park could continue to improve with out ever having to worry about land issues.

My personal prediction for the next year is a Trio-tech dark ride themed after pirated trying to take Cedar Points "treasured" roller coasters. I think that with the Justice League rides owning Tri-tech the new attraction will have screens and better live sets.

Just wow....

That is my favorite angle. Wow.

Between the much sharper exit to the immelman this dive coaster has, and the less gradual pullout from the drop, the forces on Valravn should be much more intense than Shiekra or Griffon.

Edited by Mossed

And keep in mind that quite frequently, a new ride replaces an old (or relocated) one. Removing rides can be just as important as adding new ones from a maintenance and efficiency perspective.

I agree with youe comment. There are plenty of places they can install new things if they really wanted to add more rides. Moreover that park is infamous for moving their flat rides around the park. Cedar Point will always have space for new rides b/c some rides just get obsolete and old.

The park has 72 rides. That means in theory they could swap out rides, retire roller coasters and upgrade things with ease. Just an example, not a prediction. If the park wanted to they could

I know you said predictions, but I have to address the blatant disregard for efficiency here. With regards to removing and replacing capacity, removing a ride that has an insane pph (thousands) and replacing it with a ride or even rides that couldn't top 1000 pph combined... come on...

Actually CP'S efficiency is way better than most US parks I have been to. Don't make that comment unless you know.

Absolutely true. Cedar Point by far has some of the best efficiency of any US park (aside from maybe Disney.) For the most part Cedar Point's ride operators are upbeat, hard working, fast paced, and efficient.

Actually CP'S efficiency is way better than most US parks I have been to. Don't make that comment unless you know.

You completely missed his point. Cedar Point will never get a eurofighter in any form because they are a relatively low capacity ride, it has nothing to do with how efficient CP's staff is.

You completely missed his point. Cedar Point will never get a eurofighter in any form because they are a relatively low capacity ride, it has nothing to do with how efficient CP's staff is.

No i understood his point! And, nobody ever considered CP getting a Eurofighter! Thanks for your attempted help

^

I know you said predictions, but I have to address the blatant disregard for efficiency here. With regards to removing and replacing capacity, removing a ride that has an insane pph (thousands) and replacing it with a ride or even rides that couldn't top 1000 pph combined... come on...

Try reading.

Edited by neil009