TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Going through Youtube and i came across this video. Its 50 minutes long and is also from 2001, but its pretty cool to watch. A lot has change at the park since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL87JFgkK_Y

Thanks for sharing! I was 16 that summer, and I really tried to get my dad to take us to Cedar Point. He hates crowds, so we went to Florida instead (panhandle, not Orlampa). This video was basically of the park that I would have seen.

I do find it kind of awesome that even though it was the second newest coaster at the time, they didn't even mention Mantis. Seems I didn't miss anything there.

Going through Youtube and i came across this video. Its 50 minutes long and is also from 2001, but its pretty cool to watch. A lot has change at the park since then.

Wow thanks for sharing this! I remember my Grandma had this on VHS(!) and I used to watch it everything I would go over there. Sadly that VHS has been long since forgotten so it was great to come across that again!

So last night I was bored so I was messing around on Google Maps.

So correct me if i'm wrong, but the supports and track at clermont look just like Valravn tracks at Breakers Express?

Also, does anyone know what the big building that is behind the track and supports in the street view photo used for?

csa.thumb.jpg.3d9cb48f4e7655b9734e55a6160d7e9d.jpg

csf.thumb.jpg.a67cad6b7bca11704b654befa429e17c.jpg

So correct me if i'm wrong, but the supports and track at clermont look just like Valravn tracks at Breakers Express?

I actually ventured behind that area to check out what that building was and if memory serves me correctly it was the laundry for Breakers Express.

Also, does anyone know what the big building that is behind the track and supports in the street view photo used for?

When I walked back there to find out the same thing for myself I found that it was Breakers Express' Laundry

Edited by bluestreak

I actually had recorded this special on DC when I was 11. It was at a time when DC also aired a special on the top 10 wood/steel coasters in the world (with POV's), and a special documenting a group of rider's trying to break the record for most differenrt coaster rides un a 24 hour period (they did it in Cali and did end up breaking the record with like 35). Back then, Youtube wasn't around, so these specials and, a little later, Robb's "Coasters in the Raw" videos were the only proper way if getting my enthusiast fix. Ahhh, the good 'ol days!!

That is Valravn track, as all of the B&M track in the US is manufactured there.

As for that building, I believe it's a maintenance garage. At what capacity it operates, I'm not sure.

I know its where B&M track is made. Thats why i was there in the first place.

Here is something to think about.....

Mean Streak being open? I tend to avoid that ride, is this a new development?

I think you guys are reading too far into things. Tony loves to throw out red herrings b/c the enthusiasts community is very gullible, and will belive anything.

He definitely is. I was implying that in my post. Don't lump me in that category.

according to google earth, those latest shots were taken on 10/2015, so they could be Valravn

according to google earth, those latest shots were taken on 10/2015, so they could be Valravn

I know the street view is from September 2015.

So what point are you trying to make by saying that the supports and track look just like Valravyn's? Sounds like you asked a question, and when people answered it, you said you know.

So what point are you trying to make by saying that the supports and track look just like Valravyn's? Sounds like you asked a question, and when people answered it, you said you know.

I wasn't 100% sure if the tracks that were at the plant were VALRAVN track and supports because I wasn't sure how old that view was.

What is the speculation on that little bunny hill after the final loop and turn...any hope that there might be a nice little pop of air there, or will the coaster be slowing to a crawl by that point (ala Gatekeeper)?

My guess is that there might be a wee bit there, especially in the front seat.

Certainly not expecting any crazy ejector air there though.

What is the speculation on that little bunny hill after the final loop and turn...any hope that there might be a nice little pop of air there, or will the coaster be slowing to a crawl by that point (ala Gatekeeper)?

My guess is that there might be a wee bit there, especially in the front seat.

Certainly not expecting any crazy ejector air there though.

This is a newer B&M so 98.95% of enthusiast will say "That's just a waste of track. It's going to be boring, and pointless."

However, I personally agree with you. I feel like there might be a wee bit of air there, especially in the front seat!!

^Well... I actually think the B&M hate has been on the decline after Banshee and Fury 325 this past year. To be honest I haven't seen 98.95% of the users on this site (which is almost entirely enthusiasts) bash new B&M's before they're ridden in the last year or two. Maybe I'm wrong but I think you're overstating that quite a bit (and I know the number is slightly sarcastic but my point stands).

Sure, there are ALWAYS people that won't be all that excited about a new B&M being announced. Especially among those that have really been around and ridden most of them. But from my observations, there's been a steady decline in this hatred you speak of that you're making out to seep into every thread and dominate enthusiasts' opinions on new B&M's... which definitely isn't the case.

As for the bunny hop, I bet it'll be almost exactly like those built on the last couple B&M dive machines (Oblivion--The Black Hole and Baron 1898). Floaty and fun, not "boring and pointless."

I enjoy Griffon and Sheikra. Both are the worst B&M coaster in their respective parks but they're both great rides. I enjoy B&M coasters, they're all a lot of fun (except the stand ups) but I don't expect this ride to blow me away. To be fair though I said that with Fury and it absolutely made me eat my words. That's the only B&M built in the last 5-10 years to do that though. Even if it's not "OMFG Amazing" it'll still be a ton of fun and an awesome addition.

I don't know how anyone could complain about Valravn.